PDA

View Full Version : FFNs Swallow

Hell Puppy
11-15-2006, 10:46 PM
We tried out Swallow at the Hollow tonight.

This is as close as you'll get to authentic BBQ "in town".

Not the first time for me, but first time in a while. But it was the first time ever that gonZo had Swallow'd.

One of us will come up with a full review later on.

Peaches
11-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I haven't been there in ages. Best limeade and Mac N Cheese to go with the que.

Hell Puppy
11-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I haven't been there in ages. Best limeade and Mac N Cheese to go with the que.

So you Swallow?

Peaches
11-15-2006, 11:08 PM
So you Swallow?
Since I was 15, but that's another story for another day.

Jace
11-15-2006, 11:31 PM
my parents and I went there and we didn't enjoy it a bit

the music was so loud you couldn't talk, the bbq was third rate

there are much better bbq places in town IMO

softball
11-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Since I was 15, but that's another story for another day.

a lot of swallows, I would say.

Peaches
11-15-2006, 11:39 PM
So, if you're eating chopped BBQ (I NEVER liked sliced), do you like the outside charred hard bits or not? That's why I don't like places like Sprayberry's and Pink Pig - no hard bits. Around here, Pooles and Walkers have the hard bits. Plus Walkers has boiled peanuts and funnel cakes. Hard to understand why I've gained so much weight since I moved here.......

softball
11-15-2006, 11:41 PM
So, if you're eating chopped BBQ (I NEVER liked sliced), do you like the outside charred hard bits or not? That's why I don't like places like Sprayberry's and Pink Pig - no hard bits. Around here, Pooles and Walkers have the hard bits. Plus Walkers has boiled peanuts and funnel cakes. Hard to understand why I've gained so much weight since I moved here.......

Damn, you would never have guessed.

gonzo
11-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Sprayberrys sux.

Its named after the ultimate pussy high school and the brusnwick stew is like dog food.

Peaches
11-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Its named after the ultimate pussy high school
I'm telling Wig........

gonzo
11-15-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm telling Wig........
He knows... weve already told him.

Peaches
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
He knows... weve already told him.
I know - and he was planning on paying for dinner that night!! :doh01:

Hell Puppy
11-16-2006, 10:08 PM
my parents and I went there and we didn't enjoy it a bit

the music was so loud you couldn't talk, the bbq was third rate

there are much better bbq places in town IMO

The music is the main reason I dont normally go there.

I also prefer pulled over chopped or sliced. But I did find it tasty....though not so much what most people think of in terms of BBQ in this area. Williamsons would be closer in that regard.

The chocolate chip nanner pudding was good too.

Hell Puppy
11-16-2006, 10:11 PM

I can go either way on hard bits. It's the sauce that makes it or breaks it for me.

It's been a pain to find good boiled peanuts since leaves started turning. Damned tourists. They buy it up before the peanuts have enough time to boil sufficiently....

Peaches
11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I can go either way on hard bits. It's the sauce that makes it or breaks it for me.

It's been a pain to find good boiled peanuts since leaves started turning. Damned tourists. They buy it up before the peanuts have enough time to boil sufficiently....
Being a native has it's advantages ;) And if they run out, I know of some "off the road" places that have them. The guys selling them might not have teeth but they make good peanuts!