View Full Version : Taste of Lexus impressions

Hell Puppy
11-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Very classy well done event. Lexus drops a ton of money on this in every town. First class setup on everything. Tons of great food, free massages, lots of "Lexus Lifestyle" things.

And then the cars. Every car was available to drive as many times as you'd like. 3 different autocross style courses that were a lot of fun.

That new LS is the most comfortable car I've ever been in, and that says a lot. Good power with a V8 and 8 speed automatic. Little soft in the feel, but that's to be expected given the target audience of the car....but still handled very nicely for a boat.

If you let a wet fart, it wipes for you.

Jace
11-06-2006, 02:02 AM
3 words

air conditioned seats

yum

softball
11-06-2006, 10:26 AM
3 words

air conditioned seats

yum
Technology is a wonderful thing. Sounds like a very "cool" ride.

justb
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
how fast did they let you go?

iamkathi
11-06-2006, 01:52 PM
pictures???

Hell Puppy
11-06-2006, 09:36 PM
how fast did they let you go?

Fast as you could get it to go on the autocross courses without taking out pylons. Each course had at least one long straightaway so you could give it full throttle and let it wind up. And they encouraged you to do so. They wanted you to see how fast an electric hybrid GS 450h could go 0-60 for yourself (5.2 seconds).

I was throwing the cars around pretty good. sliding them thru corners and such. Not only did the course workers not get mad, they actually seemed pretty entertained by it.

Hell Puppy
11-06-2006, 09:38 PM
pictures???

I didn't get as many pics as I had intended as we spent most of our time either driving the cars or in line to get right back in the cars.

I did grab a handful of shots though including the LS 460 and the GS 450h. I'll get those up later tonight or tomorrow.

I also grabbed some videos of some of the laps which I'll try to render this weekend if I dont get around to it before then.

justb
11-07-2006, 03:16 PM
did you try out the auto parking mode?

Hell Puppy
11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
did you try out the auto parking mode?

Yeah, it works as advertised. Not something I'd ever personally use. I'm of the belief that if you drive the car you should be able to park it. But it is cool nonetheless.

Also perhaps a bit disconcerting, the car knows 1 inch of clearance is just as good as a foot, so it isn't shy about cutting it a bit closer than most humans would.

Peaches
11-08-2006, 03:28 PM
3 words

air conditioned seats

yum
You can get air conditioned seats in a car for a LOT less than a Lexus will cost you :)

Hell Puppy
11-08-2006, 10:31 PM
You can get air conditioned seats in a car for a LOT less than a Lexus will cost you :)

Yeah, but will they recline including kicking out a foot rest and give you a massage while cooling your ass cheeks?