PDA

View Full Version : So what do you do for Thanksgiving?

Hell Puppy
10-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Thanksgiving seems to be even more of a family holiday than Christmas these days. I know a lot of people vacation between christmas and new years but seems everyone does the family thing on Turkey Day.

I know I typically spend a day with parents and grand parents. And then listen to GonZo gripe because I wont come out for Turkey 'n Titties afterwards.

I dont think you could pay me enough to go near an airport anytime that week.

gonzo
10-31-2006, 02:03 AM
Thanksgiving seems to be even more of a family holiday than Christmas these days. I know a lot of people vacation between christmas and new years but seems everyone does the family thing on Turkey Day.

I know I typically spend a day with parents and grand parents. And then listen to GonZo gripe because I wont come out for Turkey 'n Titties afterwards.

I dont think you could pay me enough to go near an airport anytime that week.
We arent going to the titty bar at the airport.

TondaB
10-31-2006, 02:25 AM
Gabe fry's a turkey and I make all the fixin's we have ourselves a great meal with friends:)

Xmas is with our families.

sarah_webinc
10-31-2006, 04:59 AM
Thanksgiving sucks for me now..two years ago my husband died the day before Thanksgiving. Last year I made the point of flying back home to the States to be with family on the day because of the year before. This year I can't get back home so I will cook a bit of turkey but since it isn't a UK holiday nobody else cares plus they eat turkey at Christmas here too.

Peaches
10-31-2006, 08:22 AM
We get the family and some friends together and since this is the south, everyone HAS to bring something so we end up with 10X the amount of food anyone can eat.

We never get everyone there at the same time though - none of my brothers or sisters will be there this year :( Probably the smallest Thanksgiving ever since I can remember.

Come to think of it, since it's such a small group, I should probably offer to have it up here.

Murderous
10-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I make sure we have a big dinner and all the kids eat at the small table. That is what Thanksgiving is all about, right?

Robert
10-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Just hanging out with family. Thanksgiving gives me a chance to count how many nieces and nephews I currently have so I can prep for Christmas.

TheEnforcer
10-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I'll be going to my parents house.

Jace
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
we go to my wife's grandmothers house in the middle of nowhere kentucky

Hell Puppy
10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
we go to my wife's grandmothers house in the middle of nowhere kentucky

How long does it take cabin fever to set in?

My parents and grandparents aren't really into things like, oh say, cable tv or satellite. They amuse themselves with other things....go outside and stuff. And although they do internet, they're retired, so they have all the time in the world to wait for pages to load on dialup.

I'm done after a day. Though I now have enough wireless gadgets with me to take the edge off.

Jace
11-01-2006, 01:26 AM
How long does it take cabin fever to set in?

about 3 hours LOL