PDA

View Full Version : Hey Yo! Should someone be banned for pissing off advertisers?

shall
10-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey YO!

It's survey time.

Peaches got banned from that "other" board. No, not gfy, that "other", "other board".

They say it was a business decision, pissed off one advertiser a month or two back who pulled their ads. Pissed off another by calling them out then proving her point with screen shots. She got banned.

Should advertisers be insulated from accusations by the operators of a board via banning?

Peaches
10-24-2006, 08:41 AM
I haven't seen one single advertiser pull from JBM. I'm sure there were threats, but again, if JBM was making them money, I don't own the power to make them lose money by making them cancel. At least one of the ones threatening has been fighting back and forth with JBM for at least 2 years and they use the "we're going to cancel" threat frequently - probably to get better rates ;)

gonzo
10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
I haven't seen one single advertiser pull from JBM. I'm sure there were threats, but again, if JBM was making them money, I don't own the power to make them lose money by making them cancel. At least one of the ones threatening has been fighting back and forth with JBM for at least 2 years and they use the "we're going to cancel" threat frequently - probably to get better rates ;)
Dont feel bad Peaches.
We did have that threat made here a year or so ago.
Problem is that when the threat was made it hadnt been announced that I had bought 50% of the board.

Others needed that $500 more than I did for the 120 days I was gone.

Of course now Im being punished I suppose nonetheless it belongs 100% to me now.

Google Analytics tells me that they ALL are still reading ....frequently and daily!

It has to suck to work for a company and hear someone whine about how they are being picked on. Ever notice how its the same old folks rattling sabers year in and year out?

Post any screen capture you want. Ive already got an estimate on a new roof.

jerseygto
10-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Should advertisers be insulated from accusations by the operators of a board via banning?Nope! especialy when they are asked for proof of the accusations and if they are given it i guess it aint a accusation anymore now is it:okthumb: an i think advertisers in some cases are looking for ways out of using them anymore an just make an excuse just to cover themselves in case they really are gonna pull out.... an this is my coffee deprived opinon folks:hmm:

Hammer
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Here's what I think. By banning Peaches for proving 12clicks uses pedo domains to generate traffic, Brad admitted he doesn't mind. So, he just publicly admitted that his need for cash is more important than his interest in morals and ethics. Why would anyone do business with either one of them now unless they too had no morals or ethics?

To take it one step farther. Some of those domains are highly questionable and I'd almost bet that some scrutiny from the FBI would result in some serious consequences or at the very least, some unwanted attention. By supporting him once the proof was shown, Brad has allied himself with an unsavory character and seemingly opened himself up to some srutiny as well.

p.s. If WEG was one of the companies that threatened to pull advertising over something Peaches said about 12clicks, that kinda makes me wonder about them too.

Peaches
10-24-2006, 10:56 AM
What's more amazing was Mojo defending making money off them. But then again, removing the adult content and taking them off that server (but still keeping the domains).

12clicks was always just a "business aquaintance" in my eyes, but I thought Mojo was smarter than that.

Live and learn. Been doing a lot of that over the past year ;)

pam
10-25-2006, 12:16 PM
I saw it happen on another board as well. Money talks.

buzzsaw
10-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Tailored suits, chauffered cars
Fine hotels and big
cigars
Up for grabs, up for a price
Where the red hot
girls keep on dancing through the night
The claim is in
you
The sights are on me
So what do you do
That's guaranteed
Hey little girl, you want it
all
The furs, the diamonds, the painting on the wall

Come on, come on, love me for the money
Come on,
come on, listen to the moneytalk
Come on, come on, love me
for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the moneytalk

A French maid, foreign chef
A big house with king
size bed
You've had enough, you ship them out
The
dollar's up-down, you'd better buy the pound
The
claim is on you
The sights are on me
So what do you
do
That's guaranteed
Hey little girl, you broke
the laws
You hustle, you deal, you steal from us all

Come on,
come on. listen to the moneytalk
Come on, come on, love me
for the money
Come, come on, listen to the moneytalk
Moneytalks, yeah, yeah

Money talks, B.S. walks
Money talks, come on, come on

Come on, come on,
love me for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the
moneytalk
Come
on, come on, listen to the moneytalk

Moneytalks,
moneytalk, talk, talk
Hear it talk

Yeah, yeah,
yeah moneytalks

Hell Puppy
10-25-2006, 11:55 PM
I saw it happen on another board as well. Money talks.

Many people view their favorite board as the watercooler. In this particular case, people have bought ads and stuck it on the cooler. And if you say something bad about one of the advertisers, the stickers mean more than the people and you're gone.

If there's any question about whether a board is a community or a business, in that case it's been answered definitively. Nothing wrong with that, but if anyone was under false impression and thought that was their friends, their online family, or whatever else the relationship is, you're wrong, you're just a set of eyeballs and a poster helping the bottom line.

Hammer
10-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Nothing wrong with that, but if anyone was under false impression and thought that was their friends, their online family, or whatever else the relationship is, you're wrong, you're just a set of eyeballs and a poster helping the bottom line.
Then why does Gonzo call me 'good buddy' on the CB all the time?

gonzo
10-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Then why does Gonzo call me 'good buddy' on the CB all the time?
KSG7640

Hammer
10-26-2006, 11:38 AM
KSG7640
Breaker breaker, c'mon back good buddy.

spazlabz
10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
The company I work for is setting up a campaign and I fully expect to take some heat on the boards because of it... our sites are controversial no doubt about it...
I am eating my wheaties (with heaps of sugar for energy) and visualizing sit ups (I am up to 15 a day now)

so I will be ready for the shit when it hits :)

spaz