PDA

View Full Version : Dunkin Doughnuts or Krispy Kreme?

Hell Puppy
10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Let's settle this the old fashioned way....with a poll.

So which is it for you? Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2006-10-21-donutconflict_x.htm?csp=34

sudden
10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Let's settle this the old fashioned way....with a poll. So which is it for you? Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts?

Donuts are disgusting :P

shall
10-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey Yo

Whats with you horning in on my job?

Jace
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
krispy kreme, but ONLY if they are hot directly out of the grease, otherwise they are just another donut

Peaches
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Depends:

There's nothing better than a warm KK with milk.

OTOH, stopping off and getting some chocolate cake glazed and bavarian cream DDs for breakfast the next morning is good too. KKs don't do so well overnight.

Rcourt64
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
http://www.myadg.com/oprano/donuts.gif

:blink:
isn't the answer obvious?

Hell Puppy
10-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Hot there's no comparison, nothing beats KK.

Cold, DD's hold well cause they're cake. However, my strategy at KK is get what i'll eat almost immediately in plains, but then get things like Chocolate Covered Creme Filled for the next day....those keep a day or so quite nicely.

Cruellers will keep a week or so.

Toby
10-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I'll take a box of a dozen of the sexy redhead, unglazed. ;)

TheEnforcer
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Dunkin Donuts. I love Kispy Kremes but Dunkin Donuts has so many varieties I love.

jerseygto
10-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Well im a greedy bastard soooooo either is fine for me sometimes though the cute redhead is workin the counter at dd sooooooo im a lil persuaded to that side a lil more every now an then:whistling

EmporerEJ
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
I looked at the title of this thread, and nearly fell off my chair when I didn't see Gonzo comment.

bluemoney
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
KK, Right after downing a few Krystals, a Moon Pie and an RC Cola.

sarah_webinc
10-26-2006, 02:04 PM
If I had the choice I would go for Dunkin. They are less sickly that Krispy Kreme and have more 'cake' to them. However, as it is you can barely get decent donuts in the UK and KK has just started to open up so they are the only choice. Even then I can only take them once every six months or so.

Hell Puppy
10-26-2006, 10:11 PM
If I had the choice I would go for Dunkin. They are less sickly that Krispy Kreme and have more 'cake' to them. However, as it is you can barely get decent donuts in the UK and KK has just started to open up so they are the only choice. Even then I can only take them once every six months or so.

I'd starve in Britain...

Fish 'n chips would get old fast and not a lot of traditional english fare that I like.

softball
10-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Tim Hortons. They put KK out of business in Canada.

spazlabz
10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
DD all the way

spaz

sarah_webinc
10-27-2006, 04:43 AM
I'd starve in Britain...

Fish 'n chips would get old fast and not a lot of traditional english fare that I like.

You can get pretty much any kind of food from anywhere in the world here. I have fish and chips about once a year and I certainly am not starving. London in particular has a hugely diverse food landscape.

softball
10-27-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd starve in Britain...

You need to get out more, HP. I don't know where you live, but London is a huge city and you can eat some of the best food in the world there, better than most North American cities. Traditional English food is rapidly becoming curry.

sarah_webinc
10-27-2006, 11:01 AM
You need to get out more, HP. I don't know where you live, but London is a huge city and you can eat some of the best food in the world there, better than most North American cities. Traditional English food is rapidly becoming curry.

More like is already and I think that is a good thing.

Hell Puppy
10-28-2006, 01:10 AM

Oh, I know. I haven't broken the habit of bad mouthing anything limey anytime I get a chance. ;)

I was actually seriously considering a London run to finish off the miles I need this year for my next medallion level on Delta. My only concern is I want that to be a quick and easy trip and I hate the security hassles of international flights these days.

edward
10-29-2006, 01:28 AM
i would short krispy kreme stock, beyond that i dont have much to say