PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Atlanta Memory - Got One?

bluemoney
09-08-2006, 11:19 PM
The Omni May 1979
Alex Cooley walking across an empty stage announcing to the crowd that “the New Barbarians have just landed at Hartsfield and will be here shortly”. Already 2 hours late he then introduced us to a man named “Piano Red”, an albino gentleman who played and sang blues in the local clubs that was fucking great. The Barbarians finally showed and put on a hell of a show.

The New Barbarians:
Ronnie Wood (guitar, vocals, harmonica, saxiphone, pedal steel)
Keith Richards (guitar, vocals, piano)
Ian McLagan (piano, organ, backing vocals)
Stanley Clarke (bass)
Bobby Keys (saxaphone)
Joseph ‘Ziggy’ Modeliste (drums)

A nightmare turned into a dream 27 years ago.

Hell Puppy
09-09-2006, 01:55 AM
The Omni May 1979
Alex Cooley walking across an empty stage announcing to the crowd that “the New Barbarians have just landed at Hartsfield and will be here shortly”. Already 2 hours late he then introduced us to a man named “Piano Red”, an albino gentleman who played and sang blues in the local clubs that was fucking great. The Barbarians finally showed and put on a hell of a show.

The New Barbarians:
Stanley Clarke (bass)
Bobby Keys (saxaphone)

Who are those guys?

Peaches
09-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Since I've lived in ATL all but 12 of my 44 years I have to say I have too many good memories to think of one except the birth of my son :)

Hammer
09-09-2006, 09:21 AM
The Omni May 1979
Verdana]The New Barbarians:
Stanley Clarke (bass)
Bobby Keys (saxaphone)
Nice lineup, although I must admit that Keith Richards doing vocals makes me chuckle. Too bad they didn't have Mick Jagger singing. Oh wait... that would have been the Rolling Stones, then.

The funny part about that group and tour is that it was only created so Keith Richards could perform 2 free charity concerts as part of his heroin bust sentence.

bluemoney
09-09-2006, 03:12 PM
The funny part about that group and tour is that it was only created so Keith Richards could perform 2 free charity concerts as part of his heroin bust sentence.
Ron Wood also used it to promote his solo album "Gimme Some Neck"

Peaches, I have two son's 18 and 20 both born at Northside Hospital

Peaches
09-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Peaches, I have two son's 18 and 20 both born at Northside Hospital
The Baby Factory :)

Mine was born at Piedmont even though we lived in Dunwoody. My then husband decided after 30 hours of labor, the best time to take me to the hospital was up Roswell/Peachtree Friday morning during rush hour. Oy.

fusionx
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
My favorite memory is of arriving in Atlanta after driving through that tropical storm a couple weeks ago.

My second favorite memory of Atlanta is of leaving four days later.

I don't remember much in between those two memories :)

JoesHO
09-11-2006, 12:54 AM
I love Atlanta to party in.

in fact I am going to be coming through there in Novemder on the great road trip.

details to follow soon.:whistling

Hipchick
09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
The Omni May 1979

The New Barbarians:
Stanley Clarke (bass)
Bobby Keys (saxaphone)

Wow..my Favorite ATL memory would probably be a weekend spent at the Pink Pony, the Clairmont, the Vortex, and little fivepoints..Oh and the Westin with dinner in the Sundial..
Atlanta is so complex. I love it's diverstity.

bluemoney
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Wow..my Favorite ATL memory would probably be a weekend spent at the Pink Pony . . . .
Damn, Now that is one hip chick :yowsa:

ScottMcGowan
09-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Blowjob (receiving for the record), 15th floor balcony, Hyatt Regency :bjcum:

gonzo
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Blowjob (receiving for the record), 15th floor balcony, Hyatt Regency :bjcum:
Klingon or Borg?

Hipchick
09-14-2006, 08:06 AM
[quote=Hipchick;743987]Wow..my Favorite ATL memory would probably be a weekend spent at the Pink Pony, the Clairmont, the Vortex, and little fivepoints..Oh and the Westin with dinner in the Sundial..

oh yeah..I forgot to add having sex on the 6oth floor at the Westin in front of the open window in broad daylight..sigh..damn I love hotlanta..

woodysm
09-14-2006, 05:15 PM
I would have to say the Clairmont lounge. We had just seen the Genitorturers at the Masquerade and needed a drink so we went to the Clairmont. When we walked in there it was like a David Lynch movie there was a midget with a red mohawk and an artifical arm. There was a 500 lb stripper dancing to Soundgarden and the crowd in general was just loads of fun. But Hotlanta has so much to do it is hard to pick just one.......

gonzo
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I would have to say the Clairmont lounge. We had just seen the Genitorturers at the Masquerade and needed a drink so we went to the Clairmont. When we walked in there it was like a David Lynch movie there was a midget with a red mohawk and an artifical arm. There was a 500 lb stripper dancing to Soundgarden and the crowd in general was just loads of fun. But Hotlanta has so much to do it is hard to pick just one.......

Oh shit. Your going to have everyone wanting to go there when they come down.

Hipchick
09-14-2006, 09:48 PM

I told you the Clairmont rocked Gonzo!!

bluemoney
09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah! Let's keep the CLERMONT LOUNGE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont_Lounge) our secret :okthumb:

ScottMcGowan
09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Klingon or Borg?

Humanoid model Cylon.

gonzo
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I told you the Clairmont rocked Gonzo!!
Blondie has to wear diapers now. I dont get taht shitfaced drunk anymore!

Hipchick
09-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Blondie has to wear diapers now. I dont get taht shitfaced drunk anymore!

So its a date then!..Blue, you gonna come with??

http://www.oprano.com/banners/rayguhn/728x90_2.gif (http://www.rayguhndefensefund.com/)

bluemoney
09-15-2006, 11:51 PM
I would love to go with Joyce "Baby Jean" Kennedy, of the greatest Funk Rock Band in the world MOTHERS FINEST (http://www.mothersfinest.com/)

gonzo
09-16-2006, 12:24 AM

http://www.oprano.com/banners/rayguhn/728x90_2.gif (http://www.rayguhndefensefund.com/)
Dont be slinging that date word around I dont want big Jim dropping the hammer on my ass.

Hipchick
09-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Dont be slinging that date word around I dont want big Jim dropping the hammer on my ass.

Oh Big Jim can come too..I am sure he wants a piece of the midget..Oh wait..that would mean I would have to be there and..ewwww..forget it...

jimatcohf
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
What the hell, Gonzo u hitting on my woman, dont make me break out the strap on for you dude, i know Hipchick has one hiding over there somewhere

:yowsa:

gonzo
09-16-2006, 11:28 PM
What the hell, Gonzo u hitting on my woman, dont make me break out the strap on for you dude, i know Hipchick has one hiding over there somewhere

:yowsa:

Whos gonna video it?

Hipchick
09-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Whos gonna video it?

You got your 2257?

gonzo
09-17-2006, 05:25 PM
You got your 2257?
Hey I aint goin to jail

Hipchick
09-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey I aint goin to jail

Can we put you in handcuffs and pretend??

bluemoney
09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Can we put you in handcuffs and pretend??
Film at 11