View Full Version : Ever notice the news you read today is headline news on avn next week?

Jace
09-06-2006, 05:10 PM
What is up with them? does it really take a week for them to re-write an article and post it on their site?

I read shit on the forums constantly that doesn't end up being on the front page of Avn.com until the following week, sometimes later

MikeSouth
09-06-2006, 06:01 PM
all the time

at best avn is 3 days behind me

tony404
09-06-2006, 06:08 PM
their main focus is ads not timely news coverage lol

Hammer
09-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Their circulation is not primarily webmasters either, so the news is probably new to most of their readers, not matter when they get it.

Jace
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Their circulation is not primarily webmasters either, so the news is probably new to most of their readers, not matter when they get it.

I never said anything about webmasters, I am talking about avn.com, the internet version.

Basic news is what I am referring to, I will see something on cnn.com, and like a week later it will appear on their site....but press releases are ALWAYS up the same day as I see them elsewhere

Jace
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
their main focus is ads not timely news coverage lol

they have proven that year after year, that is for sure! hahah

Hammer
09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
I never said anything about webmasters, I am talking about avn.com, the internet version.

Basic news is what I am referring to, I will see something on cnn.com, and like a week later it will appear on their site....but press releases are ALWAYS up the same day as I see them elsewhere
Why would anyone rely on AVN for BASIC news anyway? :lol:

And you didn't say anything about BASIC news in your initial post anyway, so I assumed you meant news that was important to webmasters.

Jace
09-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Why would anyone rely on AVN for BASIC news anyway? :lol:

And you didn't say anything about BASIC news in your initial post anyway, so I assumed you meant news that was important to webmasters.

holy shit dude, can you ever just have a discussion without taking the other side?

any discussion I have ever seen you in you take the opposite side of whoever you are discussing whatever matter with, it gets old man

you know what I mean, and you know how I mean it, yet you seem to want to bicker over silly shit that doesn't really pertain

my original post claimed that avn posts news a week late all the time, I didn't care what news it was, I didn't say I depended on AVN for anything whatsoever, yet you still want to bicker about what I do and how I do it

you get old man, real old

not sure if it is some board persona you are trying to achieve or some wierd experiement to see who notices, but anyone with half a brain cell it noticing how much of a moron you are seriously coming across as.

btw, a few people have tested you little "fight the opposite view" thing in the past week and you proved everyone right....no matter what the topic, there are certain people you ALWAYS take the opposite side of the debate, it was humerous for about a week

Jace
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
and btw hammer, don't take me calloing you a moron as saying you aren't intelligent, I KNOW you are intelligent, in fact I think you are one of the more intelligent people in this biz with some serious shit together

but fact is, you LOVE to try and instigate arguments by taking whatever the other side is, or picking out a little tiny part of a whole and firing away off a small point that doesn't matter

Hammer
09-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Jace, just because I disagree with people doesn't make me a moron. In fact, that would make them the morons, because I'm seldom wrong.

Your post was dumb and worded poorly, that's not my fault. Post something that actually makes sense and I'll be happy to take your side.

I'm curious, but do you think people should only post in a thread when they agree with someone?

p.s. When I use the word moron, I mean it in an endearing way. :whistling

Jace
09-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Jace, just because I disagree with people doesn't make me a moron. In fact, that would make them the morons, because I'm seldom wrong.

Your post was dumb and worded poorly, that's not my fault. Post something that actually makes sense and I'll be happy to take your side.

I'm curious, but do you think people should only post in a thread when they agree with someone?

p.s. When I use the word moron, I mean it in an endearing way. :whistling

see, once again you glazed over the topic of my post and created your own new argument from it...it is actually making me wonder though, do you really not see the general statement I was making?

my point is, I have yet to see you take anyones side, even when there are only two sides, you find a third side just for the sake of being able to disagree

shit, I don't even know why I am bothering, everyone sees it but you....LOL

Jace
09-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Hammer, I am done with you though man, you are going to actually be the first person I have put on ignore across all boards. Your posts are constantly geared to bait people into debates that don't exist and you talk down to just about anyone you can at any given moment you can. I don't need people like you in my life, online or offline....people like you bring the hate out in others, and it makes me ill thinking that you actually baited me into posting about it.

I know you are a smart guy, and I know you know that if you just spent more time positively discussing instead of intentionally baiting, things would be a lot easier on everyone

but hey, what do I know, I am not the one with the radio show trying to get listeners ;)

Hammer
09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Since he put me on ignore he won't be able to read this, but I was just about to suggest that he put me on ignore.

I sure would like to hear from all of these people he's talking about though, that can't stand me because I like to argue.

Is there anyone else reading this thread that thinks I started an argument from a third point of view? He said AVN news is a week behind. I said who gives a fuck because I don't get my world news from AVN anyway and if it's adult industry news, webmasters don't read AVN becuase it's more for surfers, so to them, it's new news anyway, since they didn't read it a week earlier on a webmaster board.

I don't think this is a case of my arguing a third point, but the fact that Jace is too dense to understand my argument to his post.

Hammer
09-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Gosh, my day is so ruined now, knowing that Jace will be ignoring me on all boards. Maybe I should change my ways and become Mr. Niceguy so everyone will like me.....

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa