PDA

View Full Version : BooYah! Slight Victory in war on war on freedoms

spazlabz
08-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I am pretty excited by this but not sure if anyone else will be. Finally a judge has ruled that Bush & Co have lost their collective minds.. or at least violated the law and the consitution.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_go_pr_wh/warrantless_surveillance
U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor in Detroit became the first judge to strike down the National Security Agency's program, which she says violates the rights to free speech and privacy as well as the separation of powers enshrined in the Constitution.
"Plaintiffs have prevailed, and the public interest is clear, in this matter. It is the upholding of our Constitution," Taylor wrote in her 43-page opinion.
Yippeeeeeee :clapping:

spaz

Mike AI
08-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Damn you are almost as ignorant as the judge ( a typical pathetic Carter appointee).

Jimmy Carter is one of the chief reasons we are in such a major war with islamic fascism. On Carter's watch Iran was allowed to be taken over by these fanatics, then he allowed our Citizens to be held hostage for over a year - then launched a doomed rescue mission that had no hope of success ( after he gutted funding to the military).

Carter is the worst President in the 20th Century, maybe ever. The funny thing is, he continues to pop up his head to blame America for all the worlds problems, while at same time coddling dictators like Fidel Castro.

Fortunately the appellete court will knock this ruling out. I imagine they will cite the lack of standing in court of the plantiffs, and dismiss thecase. Judges always look for easy ways out. So the merits of the case will not even be heard.

Hammer
08-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Wow Mike, when are you moving? A judge rules in favor of our rights and against the asshole running the country and you call a guy ignorant for getting excited about it?

"Fortunately the appellete court will knock this ruling out." What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think this was a bad ruling and that warrant-less surveillance is a good thing?

spazlabz
08-18-2006, 10:16 AM
actually that is a fairly typical response from MikeAI who I guess can best be described as a NeoCon with delusions that anything Bush has done has in some way made America safer.

His is the typical response of someone WAY out of my tax bracket by lightyears who doesn't care about freedoms or real security or peace.. as long as those tax cuts keep rolling in for him and his social club he's fine.

spaz

Jace
08-18-2006, 11:47 AM
His is the typical response of someone WAY out of my tax bracket by lightyears who doesn't care about freedoms or real security or peace.. as long as those tax cuts keep rolling in for him and his social club he's fine.

hahaha..my dad is the same way

I asked him once "why are you a republican?"

he replied "because I like my money"

LOL

Mike AI
08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
I am far from a neo-Con and I am not a huge fan of Bush. I am anti-big government PERIOD!

However, I do realize that we are at war, and during war tough measures are needed sometime.

Once you guys get your heads out of the sand you might realize the same thing.

I suggest you take an hour out of your day and watch the movie Obsession - it can be found online.

We need to win the war, then we can go back to shrinking government power.

spazlabz
08-18-2006, 11:55 AM

LOL
LOL dear old Dad... I like my money to... as a general rule i like all money and wish more of it would visit my bank account. I used to consider myself a NeoCon a long time ago, but i honestly believe that since Clinton (yes Clinton) and Bush have run the company the middle class is dying, the working poor is increasing and the upper class is getting smaller and tigher.

In short most of the money in fewer hands. if you have money now it isnt so hard to keep... but the American dream I feel died with NAFTA and WTO

businesses can be more competitive globally but if you don't have money or friends with money your fucked... not having to give a shit about that is what leads people to support Bush no matter what he does including bypassing both the judicial and legislative branches altogether because.... he wants to.

spaz

spazlabz
08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
We need to win the war, then we can go back to shrinking government power.
fair enough... which war Mike? The Iraq civil war? the war we helped push along between Labanon and Israel? The coming Regime changes in Iran & Syria? Or maybe the scariest prospect of all, the Looming North Korean conflict?

fact of the matter is I want terrorists phones tapped, their e mail read their rectums spread by a horse speculum if its possible. But there are laws put in place to cover all of those except the speculum... no wait, theres laws against that which Bush violated as well.... Yeah support the troops is the battle cry nowadays and speaking as a former soldier myself I can say if you want to help win the war and really support the troops, then Bush needs to tap less phones without a warrant and stop rewarding those in his cabinet that have a proven track record of extreme incompetance and fire their asses and get people in there who actually CAN win the war

spaz

Hammer
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM

LOL
Actually, my wife and I are Republicans and like our money very much, but GW is a tyrant and a moron and Republican or not, I find him an embarrassment and a threat to my way of life and my liberties. I'll be glad as hell to see him go and if we end up with a Democrat, I may actually not be too upset.

Mike AI
08-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Spaz, the war I refer to is WWIII against islamic fascism. This is war with many front, including the US and the UK as well as Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, Spain, France, Russia, etc...

I urge you to find the movie Obsession and watch it. It is a documentary that uses tapes from the enemy broadcasted in their own language.

It is a war against jihadism. There are only 3 options for non-beleivers.

1) Convert to Islam
2) Pay tribute/tax and become chattel under control of Islam
3) Die

If you notice there is no 4th option of living together as euqals in a multi-cultural community.

Take the time to understand the threat, connect the dots. This fantatical ideology is worse then Nazism - with Nazis they killed because herr Hitler ordered it - islamic fanatics kill because God (Allah) orders it.

spazlabz
08-18-2006, 01:50 PM
and our actions and our unquestioning support of Israel no matter what they do is increasing the number of jihadist on a daily basis.

This supposed war on Islamic fundamentalists is un-winnable, the more we fight the more we create. The correct steps to take would be to make it difficult for them to communicate with each other across the globe. and when you find them have very public and fair trials and execute them... yes execute them because i'd think it'd be better to have a short lived martyr then a long lived bargaining chip.

And in the United States that is doable without surrendering the three branches of government and giving the executive free reign to do as they please under the guise of protecting citizens. Islamic Fascism is Bush's newest little nickname for our enemies and the rest of the world pays attention to all his little pet names even if Americans choose to forget

Remember the then non-existent axis of evil? Well it fucking exists now and boy-o-boy do i feel safer...... he is an ignorant educated turd and the quicker we are free of him the better...

Mike are you a Right wing conservative? And i am not trying to be flippant here at all.... because if your not and lean more towards the NeoCon philosophy (which is how you described yourself earlier sounds) here
I am anti-big government PERIOD!
that is almost the definition of NeoCon although i am not sure if the common useage of today means that....
NeoCons like Newt are pulling away from almost all of Bush's policies as being very far removed from the conservative movement..

the Pres has lost support across the board and for very good reasons... he doesnt have a clue how to either win or contain Islamic extremists and he never will and violating the American publics rights and ignoring Federal Law does not make anyone safer. He is so bad that I think we need to start looking very closely at domestic terrorism. His kind of exclusive policies and downright bigotry will breed people like McVeigh in the future (IMO)

spaz

bluemoney
08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
. . . .if we end up with a Democrat, I may actually not be too upset.
Great! Then we can count on your support for Andy Young (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060818/ap_on_bi_ge/wal_mart_young_6) "A caring man for all the people" . . . kinda, maybe . . . well not really :D

softball
08-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I have watched Mike with great interest over the years. After 911 he was full of piss and vinegar, on the offensive....a steamroller. But now, as I predicted years ago, he is on the defensive. Why? Because of his blind support for this administration. When Bush farts, Mike sits up and salutes. It may be a question of economics, but I think it is also misguided paranoia. A firm belief that America actually has the power and influence to clean up the mess it has created because of atitudes like his. Well, knock knock, Mike. Your president felt the same way and look at the shit we are all in because of his totally illegal invasion of a sovreign nation for no good reason. Now this complete support for Israel in a misguided invasion of Lebanon. America is walking through the world with a big "Kick Me" sign pinned to its back and has no idea.

softball
08-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Mike, I got one for your. A movie. Watch "The Smartest Guys in the Room". Its about Enron. After you watch it, come back and tell us who you think is the biggest threat to America. And anyone else who cares, there are a lot of parallels with our business.

gonzo
08-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Great! Then we can count on your support for Andy Young (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060818/ap_on_bi_ge/wal_mart_young_6) "A caring man for all the people" . . . kinda, maybe . . . well not really :D

In the Sentinel interview, Young was asked about whether he was concerned Wal-Mart causes smaller, mom-and-pop stores to close.

"Well, I think they should; they ran the `mom and pop' stores out of my neighborhood," the paper quoted Young as saying. "But you see, those are the people who have been overcharging us, selling us stale bread and bad meat and wilted vegetables. And they sold out and moved to Florida. I think they've ripped off our communities enough. First it was Jews, then it was Koreans and now it's Arabs; very few black people own these stores."

Damn I thought I was in a time warp reading a campaign message for JB Stoner for Gov. (http://www.answers.com/topic/j-b-stoner) until the last 7 words.

Grump
08-19-2006, 11:17 AM
What Mike AI and others have missed is that the Judge made her ruling based on whether or not the administration had the legal authority to do what they did.

The very simple and legally undisputable answer is No, they did and do not have the legal authority. The administration can claim all sorts of emergencies and state secrets that made it necessary, but they don't have the legal authority as the law exists now. The laws are very explicit, and they do not give the administration the power to do what they did in the manner in which they did it.

If you need proof of this, besides reading the constitution I mean, look at the bill introduced by Arlen Spector, which specifically attempts to give the administration the legal power and authority to do what the administration has already done.

If they had the authority, there'd be no need for this new law.

bluemoney
08-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Damn I thought I was in a time warp reading a campaign message for JB Stoner for Gov. (http://www.answers.com/topic/j-b-stoner) until the last 7 words.
I remember J.B.Stoner! His T.V. campaign adds were the funniest shit you would ever see, a real moron that guy.

gonzo
08-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I remember J.B.Stoner! His T.V. campaign adds were the funniest shit you would ever see, a real moron that guy.

Hes real dead

bluemoney
08-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Hes real deadBut that's okay, cause now we got Andy!

softball
08-19-2006, 10:32 PM
But that's okay, cause now we got Andy!

and MikeAi. The lunatic right is everywhere. You need to be on guard for the McCarthyites amongst us. These people are freeking dangerous. They care nothing about civil rights, just protecting their wealth. And you see where the world is today because these guys sneaked in and siezed control. Usually by nefarious means.

Mike AI
08-20-2006, 01:29 AM
I have watched Mike with great interest over the years. After 911 he was full of piss and vinegar, on the offensive....a steamroller. But now, as I predicted years ago, he is on the defensive. Why? Because of his blind support for this administration. When Bush farts, Mike sits up and salutes. It may be a question of economics, but I think it is also misguided paranoia. A firm belief that America actually has the power and influence to clean up the mess it has created because of atitudes like his. Well, knock knock, Mike. Your president felt the same way and look at the shit we are all in because of his totally illegal invasion of a sovreign nation for no good reason. Now this complete support for Israel in a misguided invasion of Lebanon. America is walking through the world with a big "Kick Me" sign pinned to its back and has no idea.

Funny how lame you are, stealing all of Ned Lemonts lines. It is easy to try and win arguements by tying people to Bush. At one time Bush supported MY ideal foreign policy, which was revolutionary - but he has gone soft. He is offering Iran the same kind of deal Clinton gave N. Korea - we see how that ended up.

I think we should be mobilizing now to take Iran out - no occupation, just complete destruction of all WMD and military facilities.

Of course I also think we should be in Lebanon taking out hezbollah, and would take out Syria after Iran.

I would like to think Bush leaves us with a legacy of Iran surrounded by our military bases in Iraq and Afganistan.

Bush's social policies are pathetic, he spends way to much money, the exedcutie orders recinding laws that he signs seems pretty shady - I think if he does not think a law is Constitutional he should VETO it.

But of course, we could have had Kerry.

I am still debating about converting though..... Then I would get to kill infidels!!

softball
08-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Considering I have no idea who Ned Lemont is, it would be very hard for me to steal his lines. As for the rest of that claptrap, it is just not doable. The US does not and never has had the power to do what you wish for. You are living in cloud cuckoo land. And if you even attempt it, you put your own citizens in grave danger and, Mike, lets say you are successful. Then someone else gets wmd and you are tapped in your useless mid east adventures, out run your supply lines and boom boom out go the lights....maybe in North Korea. Its like trying to push the toothpaste back into the tube.
However, as I predicted, you and your neocon fascists are on the run. It just took a little longer. Extremism usually fails and is failing at the moment.

"I would like to think Bush leaves us with a legacy of Iran surrounded by our military bases in Iraq and Afganistan. "

I would like to think Bush leaves us a legacy of world peace. But neither of these two scenarios are possible. The United States does not have the influence, capability or the resources to do either.

softball
08-20-2006, 10:58 PM
When the going gets tough, the right wing wing nuts crash and burn. It is as inevitable as the setting sun.

spazlabz
08-21-2006, 08:43 AM
as if it was needed.. yet more evidence of the imcompetance shown by this administrations policies
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060820/pl_nm/crime_usa_dc
hell yeah... i feel safer

spaz

Robert
08-21-2006, 02:18 PM
From a recent piece by Ray McGovern

"Lessons of History
The widespread complacency in the United States calls to mind that of the obedient German citizens who acquiesced during an analogous time during the thirties. On February 27, 1933, as Adolf Hitler reached for unchallenged power, the Reichstag building, Germany’s parliament, was destroyed in a fire. Hitler took full advantage of this 9/11-like calamity to whip up fear of “terrorists”—in this case, Communist terrorists—and to impose legislation curtailing the rights of German citizens. The vast majority of German citizens acquiesced.
In Defying Hitler: A Memoir, Sebastian Haffner provides an eyewitness account of those days in Berlin: “With sheepish submissiveness the German people accepted that, as a result of the fire, each one of them lost what little personal freedom and dignity was guaranteed by the constitution; as though it followed as a necessary consequence.... more than one [of my colleagues] hinted that they had doubts about the official version; but none of them saw anything out of the ordinary in the fact that, from now on, one’s telephone would be tapped, one’s letters opened, and one’s desk might be broken into.” (pp 121-122) "

spazlabz
08-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Normally I hate copy/pastes as replies in a thread... just seems so unoriginal to me...

however, in the case of Robert's post... i have to say that I think there is some relevance to what he posted here and the realities of Life in America and the direction we are headed. Thank you for the post :)

spaz

softball
08-22-2006, 01:31 AM
bump for mikeAI who is ignoring this like he ignored the scooping of great url's through his registry services....still waiting for the promised news release. But that is what "these people" do when caught with their pants down....duck and dive and call it mainstream. LMFAO
Sux to be a fascist.

Mike AI
08-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Did someone fart?

spazlabz
08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Did someone fart?
please edit that question so that it is just saying something different then that particular 'f' word... i beg you :)

spaz

softball
08-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Did someone fart?
Why, does something smell rotten in Denmark?