PDA

View Full Version : Movie Pass gets Popped by the FTC

gonzo
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
MATTER
FTC v. Digital Enterprises Inc., d.b.a. Movieland.com; Triumphant Videos Inc., d.b.a. Popcorn.net; Pacificon Int'l Inc., d.b.a. Vitalix; Alchemy Communications Inc.; Accessmedia Networks Inc., a Delaware corp.; Innovative Networks Inc.; Film Web Inc., a Wyoming corp.; Binary Source Inc., d.b.a. MoviePass.TV; Mediacaster Inc., d.b.a. Mediacaster.net, a Delaware corp.; CS Hotline Inc.; Easton Herd; Andrew Garroni

8/8/2006 2:06-cv-4923 CAS
COMPLAINT
Complaint for permanent injunction and other equitable relief. Since 2005, defendants have engaged in a nationwide scheme to use deception to extract payments form consumers. Defendants' putative business offers consumers membership to an Internet download service with content such as news, sports and adult entertainment. Defendants true purpose is to install software that enable defendants to launch pop-up windows on consumers' computers demanding payments. Paid download

PLAINTIFF COUNSEL
James Trilling
FTC- DC

Greg B
08-12-2006, 01:05 AM
ROFL!

Government in action!

taboo_gal
08-12-2006, 01:56 AM
In this case, I think they should. Stealth installs of crapware...not kosher in my book. Gonz who was the guy you busted for something similar on here and OWNED? I assume he faded away shortly afterward?

gonzo
08-12-2006, 09:13 AM
In this case, I think they should. Stealth installs of crapware...not kosher in my book. Gonz who was the guy you busted for something similar on here and OWNED? I assume he faded away shortly afterward?

That would have been Hooper.

taboo_gal
08-12-2006, 09:52 AM
That would have been Hooper.

Yeah. Rather forgettable. ;)