PDA

View Full Version : More on the Cumonherface / Ray Guhn arrest

gonzo
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Exclusive Interview: Andrew Craft, former GM of CashTitans

http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Articles&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=273398

MaskTVMaura
08-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Good interview... and good luck!

pam
08-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Not mentioned during his interview, from the original story

"Investigators seized guns, drugs, business records and computers during the arrest, which was aided by the Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement."

Guns and drugs?????

softball
08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Were the prostitution charges dropped?

spazlabz
08-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Not mentioned during his interview, from the original story

"Investigators seized guns, drugs, business records and computers during the arrest, which was aided by the Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement."

Guns and drugs?????
i have read about this before and basically they claim (the defendants) that the drugs were prescription medication(s) that had been prescribed by a doctor and the gun(s) were purchased and owned legally

spaz

pam
08-03-2006, 02:38 PM
i have read about this before and basically they claim (the defendants) that the drugs were prescription medication(s) that had been prescribed by a doctor and the gun(s) were purchased and owned legally

spaz

Wouldn't you say that, too?

:)

Not saying it's not true -- but you'd try to put a positive spin in it plus if this was me, my attorney would be shouting it to every newspaper within 5,000 miles to clear me of that before it even went to trial!

spazlabz
08-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Wouldn't you say that, too?

Not saying it's not true -- but you'd try to put a positive spin in it plus if this was me, my attorney would be shouting it to every newspaper within 5,000 miles to clear me of that before it even went to trial!
heh heh devils advocate (how fitting is that saying)

election year.. those make for great headlines
Sex Drugs & Guns and we GOT THEM!

spaz

gonzo
08-03-2006, 07:46 PM
As an aside I just spent the afernoon speaking with Andy. I dont get the impression he is a gun runner with smugglers blues.

Hammer an I will be interviewing him for a coop porject with Oprano Radio.

softball
08-03-2006, 11:37 PM
The reason I ask about the prostitution charge is that from what I understand, girls were being paid to "audition" at private parties and never filmed and never given work. Hence the charge. So it is nothing to do with the business at all. In fact, if the prostitution charge is still pending, it will not affect us one iota. It is a different case and nothing to do with freedom of speech. It seems to have been brushed under the carpet. Can anyone address this issue?

Hammer
08-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Gonzo set up his equipment Friday night in the lobby and we got some great stuff and and excellent interview with Andy (aka Jim Manley).

TheEnforcer
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I never trust the "guns and drugs" type of staatements in the press. It's like how the DEA gives and INSANELY high street value for any bust they do. It's just not reliable. They try and give the impression it is much worse than it is so they can influence the jury pool. Simple as that.

softball
08-08-2006, 12:52 AM
I still want to know about the prostitution charge. That, to me, is what makes this case important.

JR
08-08-2006, 02:11 AM
I never trust the "guns and drugs" type of staatements in the press. It's like how the DEA gives and INSANELY high street value for any bust they do. It's just not reliable. They try and give the impression it is much worse than it is so they can influence the jury pool. Simple as that.

when i see the following words combined to describe an arrest:
guns
drugs
undercover investigation
seized
prostitution

i am not overly willing to presume innocence.

Jace
08-08-2006, 03:36 AM
I have never said this once in my life, but um....see sig

Footman
08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
I still want to know about the prostitution charge. That, to me, is what makes this case important.
I'll bet that's all going to be answered in the interview on Hammer Uncut. There is a slippery slope here and I really can't wait 'till we all get to hear the interview.

I did hear Jim say that the feds battered his front door down and left his house destroyed. It wasn't a knock on the door with a few suits asking for documents.

Hammer
08-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I'll bet that's all going to be answered in the interview on Hammer Uncut.
Yup.

TheEnforcer
08-08-2006, 11:34 AM
when i see the following words combined to describe an arrest:
guns
drugs
undercover investigation
seized
prostitution

i am not overly willing to presume innocence.

It's not about assuming innocence. It's about the impression they want to give. Guns and drugs could easily be someone's registered weapon and less than an 1/8 of weed and they make it out as if there is a crateful of guns and 10 lbs of weed. THAT'S my point.

Hammer
08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
The 'guns' was a hunting rifle and the 'drugs' were prescription. It's all about headlines.

softball
08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
well, what about the prostitution? This is a simple question but very germane to our business.

TheEnforcer
08-08-2006, 01:31 PM
The 'guns' was a hunting rifle and the 'drugs' were prescription. It's all about headlines.

Exactly what I thought. :okthumb:

Hammer
08-08-2006, 01:37 PM
well, what about the prostitution? This is a simple question but very germane to our business.
I think you'll have a much better understanding after you hear the interview, but the prostitution part is the sticky issue. Apparently they were shooting gonzo scenes where they paid the female models but not the guys that fucked them. Pretty cut and dried if that turns out to be the case and the state can prove it.

softball
08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks. To me this is the important part of this case. This is what will have the most effect industry wide. Whenever you shoot anything, all performers should be paid, even if it is a dollar. I have had many talent releases signed for a buck in the real world. That seems like movie making 101.

pam
08-09-2006, 09:17 AM

So why isn't their attorney making sure this fact is known? We all know the other side spins it to try to sway public opinion, so why not try to counteract it?

How long until this goes to trial?

Hammer
08-09-2006, 10:53 AM
So why isn't their attorney making sure this fact is known? We all know the other side spins it to try to sway public opinion, so why not try to counteract it?

How long until this goes to trial?
I don't know the answer to your last question, but I'm sure their attorney has made the fact known in Pensacola, where it matters to the case, and I'm sure the jury will be made aware when the time comes.