PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Searches Without Warrant Okay'd

Greg B
07-28-2006, 08:31 PM
http://news.com.com/2100-1030_3-6098939.html?part=rss&tag=6098939&subj=news

Dude got fucked in this story. He deserved it though but not the way this went down.

gonzo
07-29-2006, 01:27 AM
http://news.com.com/2100-1030_3-6098939.html?part=rss&tag=6098939&subj=news

Dude got fucked in this story. He deserved it though but not the way this went down.

Encase is one bad mother fucker. Only defense against it in my hands is youd better shoot the damn hard drive with a shot gun

Greg B
07-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Encase is one bad mother fucker. Only defense against it in my hands is youd better shoot the damn hard drive with a shot gun

ROFL! That's almost what the news expert said. When someone calle in and said if they could just wipe their harddrive and reinstall their software if that would be safe, the expert said something like the best thing to do would be to take the harddrive outside and take a sledgehammer and bash it in.

More construction of computers is for spying than service it seems.

MaskTVMaura
08-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Having crossed into the USA several times, I am quite familiar with the thoroughness of the border guards in the doing of their jobs. As such, I make sure I never have anything in my posession that is even remotely clandestine -- no rolling papers, no XXX images of any kind -- nothing! The US border is very tight these days and I'd never want to be suspected of any wrongdoing.

spazlabz
08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
i used to have a program called Kremlin that said it filled those parts o your computer with the old 1's and 0's and then wipes it clean.. said it could foil any forensics software.

the problem with it was this... you damn well better make sure that you had nothing running in the background when it ran or you'd be reformatting the drive LOL

why'd i have it.. confession.. in days gone by (years and years ago 10 years ago to be exact:whistling ) i played on the dark side a little :)

spaz

gonzo
08-03-2006, 01:23 PM
i used to have a program called Kremlin that said it filled those parts o your computer with the old 1's and 0's and then wipes it clean.. said it could foil any forensics software.

the problem with it was this... you damn well better make sure that you had nothing running in the background when it ran or you'd be reformatting the drive LOL

why'd i have it.. confession.. in days gone by (years and years ago 10 years ago to be exact:whistling ) i played on the dark side a little :)

spaz

I can extract it

spazlabz
08-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I can extract it
I dont doubt it
Wired also features a coupl of apps in their most recent issue that says they can permanently remove the bits of information from hard drives once its deleted.

spaz

swank
08-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Damn thats pretty crazy. Sick asshole deserved it though. You'd think people would be a bit smarter and not use their work pc's for shit like that.

gonzo
08-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I dont doubt it
Wired also features a coupl of apps in their most recent issue that says they can permanently remove the bits of information from hard drives once its deleted.

spaz

The only thing that removes with absolute certainty is taking a shot gun to the hard drive.