PDA

View Full Version : Glut of unsold new homes across US hits record high

Greg B
07-27-2006, 06:16 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/27/060727164635.phgh289u.html

Yay! If I save up my money right I can scoop up these new fangled homes on the down low!

Leave it to greed and overspeculation to open up a new road to wealth.

softball
07-27-2006, 11:23 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/27/060727164635.phgh289u.html

Yay! If I save up my money right I can scoop up these new fangled homes on the down low!

Leave it to greed and overspeculation to open up a new road to wealth.
Its easy......buy low, sell high. Where I live, it seems to be buy high and sell higher. I just bought a nice fixer upper apartment for....well you don't wanna know.
Well nick@ilynx might, but he can't afford the neighbourhood so I won't tell him.

Greg B
07-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Its easy......buy low, sell high. Where I live, it seems to be buy high and sell higher. I just bought a nice fixer upper apartment for....well you don't wanna know.
Well nick@ilynx might, but he can't afford the neighbourhood so I won't tell him.

I know, I know! We just sold all our houses a few years ago. Patriarch of the family change thingie. Now I have to start all over and I'm surprised to find such bargains all over.

The best thing to put in a house besides quality craftsmanship and care are good people.

So many houses go down because of divorce or loss of job or illness. You won't fall off if you plan right.

This time however I wanted to buy massive land like a thousand acres or more. Just as a get away from it all sort of thing.

softball
07-28-2006, 01:43 AM
I know, I know! We just sold all our houses a few years ago. Patriarch of the family change thingie. Now I have to start all over and I'm surprised to find such bargains all over.

The best thing to put in a house besides quality craftsmanship and care are good people.

So many houses go down because of divorce or loss of job or illness. You won't fall off if you plan right.

This time however I wanted to buy massive land like a thousand acres or more. Just as a get away from it all sort of thing.

Massive land is cheap

MaskTVMaura
07-28-2006, 07:45 PM
I'd love to buy a house... maybe in the next few years or so.

Greg B
07-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Massive land is cheap

Besides being a school principal my dad had his own construction company. Taught me how to build houses. I even did the architectural sketches for our first built house.

If you can build do so.

softball
07-29-2006, 12:58 AM
There is no such thing as a bad time to buy real estate. Only bad deals.

gonzo
07-29-2006, 01:34 AM
I'd love to buy a house... maybe in the next few years or so.

Move to Florida.
I hear tell you can buy ne and just make payments on the interest.

softball
07-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Move to Florida.
I hear tell you can buy ne and just make payments on the interest.
That is pretty common but foolish unless you really know what the fuck you are buying. In fact, when I lived in England, you could get a mortgage of 110 per cent. It is kind of like buying futures, you gotta have balls.....and brains.

Greg B
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
There is no such thing as a bad time to buy real estate. Only bad deals.

Right on!

If a person just stashes away $50k and knows what they're doing they can purchase enough real estate to choke Godzilla.

It's about smarts, elbow grease, location and most of all putting 'good' people in the house.

softball
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Right on!

If a person just stashes away $50k and knows what they're doing they can purchase enough real estate to choke Godzilla.

It's about smarts, elbow grease, location and most of all putting 'good' people in the house.
That would be hard in Vancouver at the moment. But certainly not impossible if you invested sweat equity.

Peaches
07-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm buying land now. Where I live there are resort areas people are retiring to (I live in one) and if FL has another big hurricane season, prices are going to go crazy :)

There's a lot on a creek in one of the developments, .75 acres, $300K. That's literally unheard of here. I've been buying lots under $10K but they've tripled and quadrupled in value in just a couple of years.