PDA

View Full Version : Oprano Security Chief Falls Ill

gonzo
07-27-2006, 10:58 AM
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) -- This Andean highlands capital has twice felled famed hacker and security consultant Kevin Mitnick.

"I'm looking forward to getting on the first plane to the United States," Mitnick, 42, said Wednesday from his hospital room in the Colombian capital, where he said he'd been laid up for about three days with a bad flu.

On a separate visit back in May, the author of "The Art of Intrusion" and "The Art of Deception" said, he spent a day in the hospital for tests after experiencing chest pains and elevated blood pressure.

Mitnick blamed Bogota's 8,700-foot (2,650-meter) elevation and a prescription drug he was taking for that trip to the hospital.
This time it was simply a nasty flu, accompanied by a fever reaching 40 degrees centigrade (104 degrees Fahrenheit), that prevented Mitnick from attending a big weekend hacker's conference in New York.

"I tried to get to the airport to get to the plane to New York and just couldn't make it," he said.

Mitnick, in Colombia on consulting work for a client he would not name, said doctors had given him antibiotics, morphine and a penicillin shot in the rear end -- "which was the worst thing that ever happened to me."

---------------------------------------------------------------
We wish him a speedy recovery

Mike AI
07-27-2006, 11:07 AM
The downside of third world countries.

Rcourt64
07-27-2006, 11:10 AM
In the hospital with chest pains & high blood pressure?
Hmmmm? :scratchin

its gotta be that Colombiam Crystalized Coke man, its not like the shit the americans get here. it's freaking 98% pure shit. That crap will knock your socks right off :burn:

Well whoever he is I hope he's feeling better :)

spazlabz
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) -- This Andean highlands capital has twice felled famed hacker and security consultant Kevin Mitnick.

"I'm looking forward to getting on the first plane to the United States," Mitnick, 42, said Wednesday from his hospital room in the Colombian capital, where he said he'd been laid up for about three days with a bad flu.

On a separate visit back in May, the author of "The Art of Intrusion" and "The Art of Deception" said, he spent a day in the hospital for tests after experiencing chest pains and elevated blood pressure.

Mitnick blamed Bogota's 8,700-foot (2,650-meter) elevation and a prescription drug he was taking for that trip to the hospital.
This time it was simply a nasty flu, accompanied by a fever reaching 40 degrees centigrade (104 degrees Fahrenheit), that prevented Mitnick from attending a big weekend hacker's conference in New York.

"I tried to get to the airport to get to the plane to New York and just couldn't make it," he said.

Mitnick, in Colombia on consulting work for a client he would not name, said doctors had given him antibiotics, morphine and a penicillin shot in the rear end -- "which was the worst thing that ever happened to me."

---------------------------------------------------------------
We wish him a speedy recovery

Ahh he'll be fine i read the article and he seems like he is doing ok... plus he has proven to be a tough fuck in the past :)

Darcy will take good care of him

spaz

Hammer
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I suspect that Confucy poisoned him.

Greg B
07-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Gonzo, you're bs'ing us that you know this guy right?

gonzo
07-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Gonzo, you're bs'ing us that you know this guy right?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0764569597/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-0513967-8230324#reader-link

Hammer
07-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I remember the interview Gonzo did with Kevin when CJ couldn't hear so he had to relay the Q & A.

I know Confucy was mentioned a few times in that interview. CJ was defending her as I recall.

LadyMischief
07-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Kevin's girlfriend used to post here quite often too, did she not? I'm sure it's all around somewhere.

Greg B
07-27-2006, 06:13 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0764569597/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-0513967-8230324#reader-link

That link lead to a book cover.

Peaches
07-27-2006, 08:47 PM
That link lead to a book cover.
And inside the book is a dedication to Gonzo (and others).

gonzo
07-28-2006, 12:08 AM
"You think you know me"

http://v1.redhotgreetings.com/free/oprano

2nd Row far right.
Kevin likes steak.

Hell Puppy
07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Kevin is an honorary FFN.

Dont get your fingers too close to his plate when there's steak around.

Greg B
07-28-2006, 02:23 AM
"You think you know me"

http://v1.redhotgreetings.com/free/oprano

2nd Row far right.
Kevin likes steak.

Gonzo, you and I have got to hang out one day. It's a small world. Mitnik is often a guest on Coast to Coast AM and I had lunch with George Noory a couple months ago!

gonzo
07-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Gonzo, you and I have got to hang out one day. It's a small world. Mitnik is often a guest on Coast to Coast AM and I had lunch with George Noory a couple months ago!

If its a call in show...call in and ask Kevin if...

"Confucy is finally free?"

Greg B
07-28-2006, 05:42 AM
If its a call in show...call in and ask Kevin if...

"Confucy is finally free?"

Oh yah they have call in on Friday nights mainly but every night they take calls. Mitnik has been on alot. They just mentioned his illness tonight. Coast To Coast AM is damn near as large as Rush Limbaugh if not larger. 10pm-2am Pacific.

gonzo
07-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Oh yah they have call in on Friday nights mainly but every night they take calls. Mitnik has been on alot. They just mentioned his illness tonight. Coast To Coast AM is damn near as large as Rush Limbaugh if not larger. 10pm-2am Pacific.

Tell him you want to see the nekkid pics of Darci!

Hammer
07-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Kevin likes steak.
Me too.