PDA

View Full Version : LASIK - just got it done this morning...WOO HOO! (how it went for those that asked)

Jace
07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
I can say without a doubt that was one of the creepiest feeling I have ever felt happening to my body

So, I lay down on the "laser lable" and they put those clockwork orange clamps on my eyes and drop all kinds of numbing drop in......then they place this metal device that looks to be something like a minature kitchen meat slicer over my eye. They say "suction on" and it sucks my eye up and I hear this "zzzzzzzz" and I go blind for about 8 seconds while the wierdest feeling I have ever felt happens...almost like your eye being pulled out of it's socket and sliced at the same time

they pull that minature kitchen slicer off and he wets my eye again, and takes little tweezers and pulls the outer layer of my eye and pulls it back, exposing the under part of my eye, this is when I go from being able to see normally without my glasses to completely blind...well, I can see, but everyting is a total blur, worse than when I take my glasses off

he then says "stare at the red light" and this loud ass clicking sound happens, which is the laser

then he comes back and pulls that flap of my eye back to where it belongs, makes sures there are no bubbles in it and pulls the clamps off, and I am done

then he does the exact same to my second eye and I am done...he gives me a presciption for a bottle of valium and sends me on my way

I get my valium, take 3 5mg of them on the way home, and pass out when I get home

I just woke up and I have near 20/20 vision, which they say will be 20/25 vision by tomorrow morning...better than perfect vision

right now everything has barely a haze around it, but I can see perfect....and for those that knew what my vision was before this, this is a huge thing.....my contact prescription was -5.50 and -6.00...which is basically legally blind

anyone thinking of doing this...DO IT...OMFG it is worth it

the best part, I paid an extra $300 per eye to have lifetime enhancements, so basically, if my vision ever starts getting worse or I need a enhancement on either eye, they do it as part of my plan....no charge

anyway, for those asking, that is how it was

Panky
07-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Very cool! It's good to read the surgery went well for you. I watched how they do the procedure on Discovery Health or some channel like that. It's pretty interesting.

Hell Puppy
07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
I can say without a doubt that was one of the creepiest feeling I have ever felt happening to my body

So, I lay down on the "laser lable" and they put those clockwork orange clamps on my eyes and drop all kinds of numbing drop in......then they place this metal device that looks to be something like a minature kitchen meat slicer over my eye. They say "suction on" and it sucks my eye up and I hear this "zzzzzzzz" and I go blind for about 8 seconds while the wierdest feeling I have ever felt happens...almost like your eye being pulled out of it's socket and sliced at the same time

they pull that minature kitchen slicer off and he wets my eye again, and takes little tweezers and pulls the outer layer of my eye and pulls it back, exposing the under part of my eye, this is when I go from being able to see normally without my glasses to completely blind...well, I can see, but everyting is a total blur, worse than when I take my glasses off

he then says "stare at the red light" and this loud ass clicking sound happens, which is the laser

then he comes back and pulls that flap of my eye back to where it belongs, makes sures there are no bubbles in it and pulls the clamps off, and I am done

then he does the exact same to my second eye and I am done...he gives me a presciption for a bottle of valium and sends me on my way

I get my valium, take 3 5mg of them on the way home, and pass out when I get home

I just woke up and I have near 20/20 vision, which they say will be 20/25 vision by tomorrow morning...better than perfect vision

right now everything has barely a haze around it, but I can see perfect....and for those that knew what my vision was before this, this is a huge thing.....my contact prescription was -5.50 and -6.00...which is basically legally blind

the best part, I paid an extra $300 per eye to have lifetime enhancements, so basically, if my vision ever starts getting worse or I need a enhancement on either eye, they do it as part of my plan....no charge

Ok, good deal on the results, glad you think it was worth it.

But after reading the procedure, if i were to have it done, i'd have to say for the safety of all involved, please, please, knock me the fuck out.

Jace
07-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Ok, good deal on the results, glad you think it was worth it.

But after reading the procedure, if i were to have it done, i'd have to say for the safety of all involved, please, please, knock me the fuck out.
they can't knock you out...first of all because whie you are asleep your eyes act on their own, and they need you to look straight ahead

second, IT TAKES LITERALLY 3 MINUTES...LOL....I had my doubt at first, but seriously, from the time they had me lay down to the time I was sitting up and done was MAYBE 5 minutes total

Forsberg's Dog
07-18-2006, 11:45 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww