PDA

View Full Version : Swappernet intro is crazy

Hammer
07-11-2006, 10:31 PM
I just hit my bookmark for Oprano on my laptop and thought you'd been hacked. I almost didn't click on the 'skip intro' link. You might want to rethink that idea. I bet anyone that has never been here before will think they got the wrong place.

Jace
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
yeah man, I agree....or put the "skip intro" link up top, it didn't even show up on my screen without scrolling down

maybe change skip intro to "skip advertisement and continue to oprano adult industry board" so people know oprano didn't change

gonzo
07-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Advertising is necessary to continue to run this board.

Swappernet is sponsoring Oprano long term with banners as well as this psudeo skin. The front page and the floating ad will only last 7 days.

The floater appears one time an hour.

This is the 2nd skin in Oprano history and I might add that if memory serves me correct Oprano was the first board ever skinned.

I encourage you to examine each of our valued sponsors and use them if they are right for you and your business.

Jace
07-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Advertising is necessary to continue to run this board.

Swappernet is sponsoring Oprano long term with banners as well as this psudeo skin. The front page and the floating ad will only last 7 days.

The floater appears one time an hour.

This is the 2nd skin in Oprano history and I might add that if memory serves me correct Oprano was the first board ever skinned.

I encourage you to examine each of our valued sponsors and use them if they are right for you and your business.
gonzo, dude, we are not idiots...we know why things are done

we are simply pointing out that it really takes over the front page and the skip ad link isn't visible whatsoever....someone new coming to oprano will think that it is a swappernet site now and oprano isn't here anymore, which I geuss is great for swappernet, but not so great for oprano, there has to be a happy medium

if I had never been here before and came to that ad, I would close the site immediately thinking that it was no longer open

I love ya man, but there are some pretty cool other ways to display overlay flash ads.....

softball
07-12-2006, 01:30 AM
If you gotta have a skip intro link on any intro, anywhere, it is a useless waste of space. Either be loud and proud, or get rid of it.

Jace
07-12-2006, 01:51 AM
and just to be clear, I don't think anyone posting on oprano is resisting the advertisement, I am all for oprano getting some nice advertisements and this forum becoming bigger and better

and to have an ad that takes over the whole page on the main forum or thread pages without a skip ad link would be all right...but when someone comes to oprano.com and all they see is a black page with a FPA on it, well, I just think that is kind of wierd and could turn some people away

once again, I am 100% for ads on oprano and love that sponsors are spending their money here, but I think there are tried and true methods to forum advertising that need to be used to ensure a successful campaign

gonzo
07-12-2006, 02:13 AM
and just to be clear, I don't think anyone posting on oprano is resisting the advertisement, I am all for oprano getting some nice advertisements and this forum becoming bigger and better

and to have an ad that takes over the whole page on the main forum or thread pages without a skip ad link would be all right...but when someone comes to oprano.com and all they see is a black page with a FPA on it, well, I just think that is kind of wierd and could turn some people away

once again, I am 100% for ads on oprano and love that sponsors are spending their money here, but I think there are tried and true methods to forum advertising that need to be used to ensure a successful campaign

I appreciate all the input and it is noted for the future. Ill see what I can do with the front page. CJ said she was sad Oprano was gone so your point was driven home.

Hammer
07-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I've run a board before and I know the importance of the advertisers, but when they expect you to advertise in such a way that it is detrimental to the board, then they're expecting too much. And of course, without members, the advertisers ain't gonna be around long either.

Inabon
07-12-2006, 10:54 AM
you bunch of complaining little girls

get a bigger monitor fuck....

let the man make money

i did not want to get in this but it is fucking stupid. let him try something new i do not see any of you paying for fucking bandwidth instead of bitching you should be reviewing the fucking sponsor

daimn

sorry gonzo but i had to say something..

good luck with it if it pays continue

the rest of you get a bigger monitor and use bigger resolution or buy glasses

fuck what freaking video card do you have on your pc ??? 800x600 still

damn

Jace
07-12-2006, 11:07 AM
I was not bitching one bit, just trying to help the man out with some advice

I really didn't think anyone was bitching, I know I wasn't and I am sorry if it came across that way....I just care about Gonzo and his board and wanted to throw in some advice for him...and apparently we were justified in our cause because someone contacted him about oprano being "gone"

sarettah
07-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I know I don't count around here anymore but I go with inabon pretty much on this one.

tried and true methods work, but new methods might also work, you don't know until you try. :okthumb:

softball
07-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I know I don't count around here anymore but I go with inabon pretty much on this one.

tried and true methods work, but new methods might also work, you don't know until you try. :okthumb:
a petulant post, but good advice. wibble.

gonzo
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Promote Swappernet!

Hammer
07-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I was using my laptop when I posted Inabon and it has a 15.4 inch monitor set at 1024x768. You think there's a chance that others might be surfing on laptops too, or am I the only one?

Oh, just curious, but how many boards have you run before since you seem to be so militant with your position and so knowledgeable about the importance of adverising compared to the importance of having lots of happy members?

Personally I've always appreciated feedback on my marketing attempts. That's all I was offering and I'm pretty sure I still have a right to my opinion here on Oprano. If you don't agree with me, that's cool, but maybe you could be a little more civil about it.

Inabon
07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I was using my laptop when I posted Inabon and it has a 15.4 inch monitor set at 1024x768. You think there's a chance that others might be surfing on laptops too, or am I the only one?

Oh, just curious, but how many boards have you run before since you seem to be so militant with your position and so knowledgeable about the importance of adverising compared to the importance of having lots of happy members?

Personally I've always appreciated feedback on my marketing attempts. That's all I was offering and I'm pretty sure I still have a right to my opinion here on Oprano. If you don't agree with me, that's cool, but maybe you could be a little more civil about it.

why be so paranoid as to think it was hacked?

ok so you have a big screen and could have clicked skip intro did not for fear your problem.

you have right good for you but why start anoooother thread of the same shit when there was already 1 thread about it that could posibly work better than just bashing a freaking sponsor.

you talk about experience and you are not helping.

anyways i am back to work i do not even post here much anymore because of this shit i just felt that you should STFU and maybe just maybe shoot a pm to gonzo instead of bitching.

i guess you have answered the question about membership at a board why be here with a bunch of winers.

sorry gonzo but the big posters here just don't see it.

ttyl

Inabon
07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I was not bitching one bit, just trying to help the man out with some advice

I really didn't think anyone was bitching, I know I wasn't and I am sorry if it came across that way....I just care about Gonzo and his board and wanted to throw in some advice for him...and apparently we were justified in our cause because someone contacted him about oprano being "gone"

OK then you should read what you have posted on 2 threads about it and maybe just maybe think that not everyone understands your complicated way of not bitching

PM's and icq's are better than just babbling about an effort to make cash...
its just as if i would say your fucking tours sucked ass in front of all your affiliates... you do have affiliates right?

yeah yeah i said back to work laters

sarettah
07-12-2006, 01:14 PM
a petulant post, but good advice. wibble.

No petulance in it. I am in quite a good mood in fact. It is simply fact.

Jace
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
one thing is for sure....just like when gfy has flash ads that are different, swappernet is getting their moneys worth on these suckers ;)

Rcourt64
07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
And Now A Word From Our Sponcer

Detailed personal ads with pictures:

Private mailboxFriends list

Detailed searches

Groups/Forums
Swingers club listings
Parties/Events
Calculates distance from you to others
Hundreds of thousands of profiles
Millions of pictures
and much much more!

Jace
07-12-2006, 11:43 PM
OK then you should read what you have posted on 2 threads about it and maybe just maybe think that not everyone understands your complicated way of not bitching

PM's and icq's are better than just babbling about an effort to make cash...
its just as if i would say your fucking tours sucked ass in front of all your affiliates... you do have affiliates right?

yeah yeah i said back to work laters
i re-read what I posted and you are right, I did some across a little whiney, and I apologize to everyone :)

on a side note, I actually have some really cool ideas for corum advertising, I would love to run them by you gonzo to play with

softball
07-13-2006, 03:29 AM
No petulance in it. I am in quite a good mood in fact. It is simply fact.
wibble.

gonzo
07-13-2006, 03:30 AM
i re-read what I posted and you are right, I did some across a little whiney, and I apologize to everyone :)

on a side note, I actually have some really cool ideas for corum advertising, I would love to run them by you gonzo to play with

Ideas are always welcomed

JoesHO
07-13-2006, 11:31 AM
I want to know where the swingers are !!!!!

TheEnforcer
07-13-2006, 12:05 PM
one thing is for sure....just like when gfy has flash ads that are different, swappernet is getting their moneys worth on these suckers ;)

We aim to please.. :>))

Hammer
07-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinoin, Inabon and like they say, we all have them, just like assholes. In your opinion I should have PM'd Gonzo and in my opinion, doing it in a thread makes more sense because it give others a chance to voice their opinion. If no one else agrees then it's a moot point, but if others do agree, it shows that it might be something to seriously consider.

Maybe I just know Gonzo better than you, because I know he has no problem stirring shit or having his shit stirred.

Hammer
07-13-2006, 12:15 PM
We aim to please.. :>))
The advertisers or your members? Just asking.

Inabon
07-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinoin, Inabon and like they say, we all have them, just like assholes. In your opinion I should have PM'd Gonzo and in my opinion, doing it in a thread makes more sense because it give others a chance to voice their opinion. If no one else agrees then it's a moot point, but if others do agree, it shows that it might be something to seriously consider.

Maybe I just know Gonzo better than you, because I know he has no problem stirring shit or having his shit stirred.

ok i will leave it at that...

however you are the only one not agreeing at this point. even jace said he did wine a little.

and from what i saw you were the only 2 complaining hard.

maybe you know gonzo better who knows but i bet one thing you have not been in a car with him after he has had beer and big hamburgers and a 6 hour flight across USA... trust me i know jajajajajaja

remember that gonzo daiiim a long lasting impression.

edit: it is easy to stir shit, stirring shit with class and with a profitable purpose is an artform :)

Rcourt64
07-13-2006, 01:18 PM
edit: it is easy to stir shit, stirring shit with class and with a profitable purpose is an artform :)

uhh? is that the puerto rican version?

TheEnforcer
07-13-2006, 01:18 PM
The advertisers or your members? Just asking.

Both. This place, like any other, has to make money to survive. Things like this are done to ensure it keeps going on. Not every decision will make members happy and not every decision will make advertisers happy. It's a balancing act.

Hammer
07-13-2006, 01:47 PM
however you are the only one not agreeing at this point. even jace said he did wine a little.
Maybe Jace did whine. I didn't. I simply stated my opinion, as I'm apt to do from time to time. I'm not brow beating anyone to agree with me, but I do think it's funny that you seem to think I need to agree with you.

Inabon
07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
uhh? is that the puerto rican version?

hehe well something like that LOL

Inabon
07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Maybe Jace did whine. I didn't. I simply stated my opinion, as I'm apt to do from time to time. I'm not brow beating anyone to agree with me, but I do think it's funny that you seem to think I need to agree with you.

no joke...

i only see you all alone exposing your point and you said if everyone did not agree it was a moot one.

but we both agree that we don't agree so no need to try to convince me or me convince you we just don't agree. i just happen to have more people that agree with me on this thread than with you but that is all :)

TTYL

Hammer
07-13-2006, 05:35 PM
no joke...

i only see you all alone exposing your point and you said if everyone did not agree it was a moot one.

but we both agree that we don't agree so no need to try to convince me or me convince you we just don't agree. i just happen to have more people that agree with me on this thread than with you but that is all :)

TTYL
Like I said, if no one agrees with me, it's a moot point and you don't see me in here arguing my point. I made it and moved on. Your the one that came in and told me to shut the fuck up and that pissed me off so I've posted more time in this thread than I would have.

However, the fact that no on else agrees with me since Jace pussied out and switched sides, proves nothing and I know you're no marketing expert. The proof will be in the pudding and if they lose potential members because they don't bypass the ad at the beginning, then it may not have been worth the few dollars it made in the long run.

Btw, I've been in the advertising and marketing business since 1987, so I do know a little about what I'm talking about. Frankly, I don't really need anyone to agree with me to be right. ;)

Useless
07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Btw, I've been in the advertising and marketing business since 1987, so I do know a little about what I'm talking about. Frankly, I don't really need anyone to agree with me to be right. ;)I know I'm late, but I agree with you. I came, I saw the the ad in question, figured the place was fucked, so I left. This is my first time back to see if Oprano still existed - and I'm glad to see it does. One simply doesn't expect to see a full page splash ad on a webmaster board, so I reacted like a surfer and backed the hell out. :(

If anyone perceives this post as bitching or whining, well my only reply would be "blah, blah, fucking blah" back at you.

Jace
07-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I know I'm late, but I agree with you. I came, I saw the the ad in question, figured the place was fucked, so I left. This is my first time back to see if Oprano still existed - and I'm glad to see it does. One simply doesn't expect to see a full page splash ad on a webmaster board, so I reacted like a surfer and backed the hell out. :(

If anyone perceives this post as bitching or whining, well my only reply would be "blah, blah, fucking blah" back at you.

stop whining

:whistling