PDA

View Full Version : It's Official....

Hell Puppy
07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Affiliates now want you to do EVERYTHING for them, they even want you to sign up for them:

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=631840

I normally dont cross link, but I'm still shaking my head at this one.

Jace
07-11-2006, 01:37 AM
I can understand where that guy is coming from...I have had details get all fucked up when signing up, routing #'s jumbled and shit

he already stated later in the thread that he just basically wanted a physical contact with someone before he signed up to make sure everything went smoothly....

Hell Puppy
07-11-2006, 01:52 AM
I can understand where that guy is coming from...I have had details get all fucked up when signing up, routing #'s jumbled and shit

he already stated later in the thread that he just basically wanted a physical contact with someone before he signed up to make sure everything went smoothly....

It's just not that hard. And I dont buy "i dont have time" from someone who is posting on the boards. They need to get off the board and do some work.

For something like the typical NATS signup page it takes maybe 3-4 minutes tops even for a 2 finger typist who doesn't know how to cut and paste.

If you want to see if you can get any attention, sign up and email 'em, see how quick they respond. Hell, we've done all sorts of stuff for people who ask nicely if they give me at least some clue as to why they're making a request, so I can justify the time. We've done tour modifications, special price points, you name it.

However, "sign me up and send me the links" isn't going to get much play from me. What might work is "sign me and send me the links, and I'll place them 'here'" and show me a site so I can see what kinda traffic you're dealing.

Jace
07-11-2006, 02:40 AM
I agree with ya man, but I can see where he is coming from also

I would imagine if I had any serious traffic I would want some pretty solid attention before I even signed up for a program

Panky
07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Why can't this person just fill out the form and then verify the information with a human contact?

Even if a rep enters the information, they are still human, they can make a mistake.

I know there was an explanation later in the thread, but this person was still out of line. How hard is it to ask for what you really want, in the case, a human contact? This person could've had the form filled out, links up, and maybe generated a few sales by now. You can always verify payment details at a later date. It's not like the form is not editable.

SweetJeanette
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I'v never seen anything like this...Lol

He sounds so snooty...

"i strated this thread to get those programs to hit me up, not to get offered advice about doing it myself...if a program isnt willing to do a little work for traffic, then i am not interested in workin g with them..."

Well if I were one of those program managers I'd say, "If an affiliate isn't willing to do a little work, then what's the point of signing them up?"

Am I right?

cj
07-12-2006, 12:38 AM
It's just not that hard.

maybe not for an american .....

trust me, some programs make a simple process like signing up into a pain in the ass for those of us in different countries.

how hard is it to have a state field for 'other' and why the fuck would any company assume every country has 5 digit zip codes!?

and don't get me started on routing numbers and swift codes which NOBODY gets and therefore turns into a way bigger issue than necessary

it may not be rocket surgery ... but I can totally see where that guy is coming from.

Hell Puppy
07-12-2006, 02:26 AM
I agree with ya man, but I can see where he is coming from also

I would imagine if I had any serious traffic I would want some pretty solid attention before I even signed up for a program

Oh, if you have good traffic, you can ask and receive favorable treatment. Same as any business, your best clients get perks.

But if i signed up a guy like this and he sent 5 clicks a day after that, I'd have to kick him in the ding ding first time I saw him at a show or something.

Hell Puppy
07-12-2006, 02:27 AM

trust me, some programs make a simple process like signing up into a pain in the ass for those of us in different countries.

how hard is it to have a state field for 'other' and why the fuck would any company assume every country has 5 digit zip codes!?

and don't get me started on routing numbers and swift codes which NOBODY gets and therefore turns into a way bigger issue than necessary

it may not be rocket surgery ... but I can totally see where that guy is coming from.

And in that case, an email splaining such would be welcomed and fixed promptly.

sarettah
07-12-2006, 04:35 AM

Wah wah wah................:yowsa:

Rcourt64
07-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Oh, if you have good traffic, you can ask and receive favorable treatment. Same as any business, your best clients get perks.

But if i signed up a guy like this and he sent 5 clicks a day after that, I'd have to kick him in the ding ding first time I saw him at a show or something.

:bustingup