PDA

View Full Version : Reimport e-mails into Outlook Express

TheEnforcer
07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Anyone know how to reimport e-mail you saved from a reformat and reinstall of windows BACK into the respective folders they are supposed to be in? So, if for example I have folers for my inbox, sent, xnations, and others how would I get them back in their respectiuve folders? They are all seperated right now in folders on windows explorer so i just have to put them back in their respective places in the e-mail program but can't see how to do that.

fusionx
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Drop them in any folder you want, then go to
Tools-->Options-->Maintenance, click the Store Folder button, and select the correct directory. Or, click that button, get the current directory, and drop them all in there (probably best).

Restart Outlook Express. If you don't see your folders, go to that directory and delete (or rename if you're cautious) folders.dbx, the restart Outlook Express. Outlook Express will reindex the folders and you'll see them in your folder list.

Actually, all of the .dbx files should be in the same directory, if I remember correctly.

JR
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
its not the best solution, but i just create similar folders on my desktop - drag all e-mails to their correct folders... reinstall everything, create those folders again in outlook and drag them back.

TheEnforcer
07-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys...