PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to the redneck getaway?

JoesHO
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
any news to report?

Jace
06-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Tabitha and I went, had a great time

not sure what news you are looking for, but it was a great all around time

JoesHO
06-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Tabitha and I went, had a great time

not sure what news you are looking for, but it was a great all around time

Just looking for feedback of the show,

With todays marketplace and abundance of shows, I like to hear abotu what people that wenrt thought and how any business ( or partying, I like to get down from time to time too LOL) went . I have my schedual for this year laid out already, but I am starting to work on next years show schedual as i am not going to try to go to every one, I want to do ones that may offer something different than the " normal" same ole stuff.

I really wanted to go to this one this year, but I went to Amsterdam for some meetings instead. So i want to know if I should ad this one to my next year show plans.

Jace
06-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Just looking for feedback of the show,

With todays marketplace and abundance of shows, I like to hear abotu what people that wenrt thought and how any business ( or partying, I like to get down from time to time too LOL) went . I have my schedual for this year laid out already, but I am starting to work on next years show schedual as i am not going to try to go to every one, I want to do ones that may offer something different than the " normal" same ole stuff.

I really wanted to go to this one this year, but I went to Amsterdam for some meetings instead. So i want to know if I should ad this one to my next year show plans.
it was one of the better shows I have been to.

The staff working was amazing and hilarious, the other people attending, aside from 2 of them, were great people that I look forward to working with. The business I got out of it was far worth the investment of the travel costs.

It was a great time, and everyone had a great time, not just a few of us :)

Hell Puppy
06-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Ok, so what constitutes a "good show" these days?

JoesHO
06-13-2006, 10:13 PM

for me soem good business AND a good time without having to hang out with bullshitters and fake pimps.

Jace
06-13-2006, 10:25 PM
for me it is the quality of serious industry people mixed with the overall atmosphere (attitude) of the place

this had it all

Hell Puppy
06-13-2006, 11:48 PM
for me it is the quality of serious industry people mixed with the overall atmosphere (attitude) of the place

this had it all

Similar answers from both you and Joe, and basically same thing I was thinking.

Does size matter? Or rather, number of attendee's?

Jace
06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Similar answers from both you and Joe, and basically same thing I was thinking.

Does size matter? Or rather, number of attendee's?
I prefer the smaller ones personally, 150-200 people max....after that it tends to get too confusing and I usually end up hanging with a set group of people all weekend

we used to do AVN/Internext back to back, and that was pure hell...there was always too much going on all at the same time, you never have time to really enjoy it because you are constantly hustling to get to the next thing

Jace
06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
oh, and my wife just wanted me to tell you "no matter what any woman says, yes, size does matter"

Hell Puppy
06-14-2006, 12:51 AM
oh, and my wife just wanted me to tell you "no matter what any woman says, yes, size does matter"

Last time a woman told me "give me 10 inches and make it hurt", I fucked her twice and punched her in the mouth. :)

Hell Puppy
06-14-2006, 12:58 AM
I prefer the smaller ones personally, 150-200 people max....after that it tends to get too confusing and I usually end up hanging with a set group of people all weekend

we used to do AVN/Internext back to back, and that was pure hell...there was always too much going on all at the same time, you never have time to really enjoy it because you are constantly hustling to get to the next thing

I'll admit I've established more productive relationships at small shows than I ever have at Internext. Similar reasons I guess. Everyone is spread out, and with the show floors becoming irrelevant, it's harder to find people you WANT to talk to. And even if you do hook up with people you want to see, there are so many people competing for attention that you typically get a very short conversation at best unless you've already got a business relationship.

I'm also thinking venues and sponsorship are easier for small shows.

Hell Puppy
06-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Next question: How do you do a show that attracts QUALITY attendee's and not just guys looking to show up to party, drink sponsor's liquor and hide in the toilet when a dinner tab shows up?

The obvious answer is money, make the cost of entry of the show (or location) such that the guys with no game cant make it. But if you do that, you may lose some real up'n'comers who are working hard and might be more productive to talk to over the long run than the guy who is already all set in the business.

Jace
06-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Next question: How do you do a show that attracts QUALITY attendee's and not just guys looking to show up to party, drink sponsor's liquor and hide in the toilet when a dinner tab shows up?

The obvious answer is money, make the cost of entry of the show (or location) such that the guys with no game cant make it. But if you do that, you may lose some real up'n'comers who are working hard and might be more productive to talk to over the long run than the guy who is already all set in the business.
Redneck Getaway was invite only, and they did a nice job with the invites

The sponsors all had a limited amount of rooms they could give invites to, so naturally they only gave them to either their new potentially big affiliates/clients, or their big money making affiliates/clients

invite only is the way to go for sure for the smaller shows....you have to be "in" with a sponsor to get an invite

gonzo
06-14-2006, 01:14 AM

The sponsors all had a limited amount of rooms they could give invites to, so naturally they only gave them to either their new potentially big affiliates/clients, or their big money making affiliates/clients

invite only is the way to go for sure for the smaller shows....you have to be "in" with a sponsor to get an invite

Its a brilliant move. But I saw the pictures it seemed to attract several local freeloaders that were there for the free booze.

Jace
06-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Its a brilliant move. But I saw the pictures it seemed to attract several local freeloaders that were there for the free booze.
not really man...one couple that wasn't invited was there for 1 hour, and another person came for one night, but turns out mayors money had invited him to drop by any time he wanted

oh, and the last day a couple of old timers in the biz stopped by for a drink or two

all in all, the very few people that stopped by were pretty much welcome by all

JoesHO
06-14-2006, 09:24 AM
I guess medium is the size I would like .....

I dont like them so small like some of the shows

but I do not like them as big as some either ..

Jace
06-14-2006, 04:49 PM

I dont like them so small like some of the shows

I would say all in all this was a smaller gathering, about 150....maybe a few more...but I agree, give me one that is aboutr 250-300 and it would be perfect

Hell Puppy
06-14-2006, 10:17 PM

I dont like them so small like some

...we're still talking about shows here right?

Hell Puppy
06-14-2006, 10:19 PM

Invite is a good way to show appreciation to those you already do good business with or to those you're doing SOME business with and would like to do more.

I s'pose you COULD do some new business with some of the invitees from other sponsors. Poaching could be annoying though...heh.

Jace
06-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Invite is a good way to show appreciation to those you already do good business with or to those you're doing SOME business with and would like to do more.

I s'pose you COULD do some new business with some of the invitees from other sponsors. Poaching could be annoying though...heh.

yeah, I would nebver try and steal anyone away, that would be rude

I did however learn a lot of shit and also work out side deals...is that the same?

Hell Puppy
06-15-2006, 02:30 AM
yeah, I would nebver try and steal anyone away, that would be rude

I did however learn a lot of shit and also work out side deals...is that the same?

I'd define poaching to be Sponsor A and Sponsor B both invite their best affiliates, and then Sponsor B makes a deal with all of Sponsor A's affiliates if they'll send their traffic to him instead of Sponsor A.

That's why I said to do an event like that you'd wanna pick your sponsorship partners carefully and make sure they're complimentary more so than competitive. For instance, having two large Cam sponsors doing a small gathering like this would be a bad idea.

JoesHO
06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
...we're still talking about shows here right?

yup

cause when it comes to meals

make mine XXXL :)

Jace
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
I'd define poaching to be Sponsor A and Sponsor B both invite their best affiliates, and then Sponsor B makes a deal with all of Sponsor A's affiliates if they'll send their traffic to him instead of Sponsor A.

That's why I said to do an event like that you'd wanna pick your sponsorship partners carefully and make sure they're complimentary more so than competitive. For instance, having two large Cam sponsors doing a small gathering like this would be a bad idea.

LOL...yeah, that would be a bad thing for sure.