PDA

View Full Version : Fat Fucking Dinner Review: Boi Na Braza

Hell Puppy
06-04-2006, 01:54 AM
The FFN's love brazillian steak houses. How could we not like a deal where you sit back and have people bring you tasty meats until you tap out.

Our measuring stick is Fogo de Chao, a true brazillian based chain that also has a few locations in the U.S. including Atlanta. It is far from the only choice in Atlanta, we have several ranging from high school lunch room mystery meat quality to multiple authentic brazillian chains including Fogo.

We've been hearing about a new one called Boi Na Braza that receives favorable comparisons to Fogo, so we finally got around to trying it tonight. They also have one of these in Dallas.

Atmosphere -- Very upscale, better than Fogo.

Drinks -- Caipinnha was dead on, and it was a nice well stocked bar that wasn't the typical zoo scene you get at Fogo due to crowding. Wine list was "ok", dessert wine selection was very lacking. Hint: we dont consider Pinot Noir to e a dessert wine....at least give us a port if not a muscat or ice wine.

Crowding -- Busy, but we got a table in under 30 minutes with no reservations at 9PM on a Saturday night. And this is without using any of my usual "techniques" to get a table when one isn't available.

Bathroom quality -- Very nice. I'd be proud to take a dump in there if needed. Very clean, nice smelling hand soap, and they even had mouthwash which I found kind of odd.

Salad Bar -- Best I've seen at one of these, easily superior to Fogo.

Meat quality -- On par with Fogo for most cuts. Fogo has a few cuts that are tastier still, but this was high quality charred animal flesh.

Sides -- Tasty, the usual selection. No beans though. This might be EPA mandated.

Dessert -- No idea, rarely have 'em in these joints.

Service -- Here's where they really slipped. I wont bitch too much based on one visit as it could've just been one bad waiter. The gouchos were fine, but our waiter let my drinks get dangerously low multiple times and was tardy enough with the clean plates that I got up and got one myself once. This type of thing NEVER happens at Fogo.

Parking -- Self or valet. And that's a good thing because the valet looked to be a total goat fuck.

Flatulence -- Oh my, the quality is astounding in both quantity and smell factor. I farted on the neighbors dog when he came up to greet me after I got home and he immediately yelped and took a run, stuck is nose in the dirt and skidded on it. This ranks up there with Bert's Chili from Waffle House. The neighbors have signed petitions regarding me having Bert's ever again.

Peaches
06-04-2006, 01:58 AM
So it doesn't sound THAT bad. Kathi and I are only interested in the cute gauchos that say "Rrrrrrump Rrrrroast". If there are plenty of those around, we're in :)

Hell Puppy
06-04-2006, 02:03 AM
So it doesn't sound THAT bad. Kathi and I are only interested in the cute gauchos that say "Rrrrrrump Rrrrroast". If there are plenty of those around, we're in :)

I put it somewhere between Sal Grosso and Fogo. Price is same as Fogo and it requires a drive to Buckhead though, so that makes it hard to pass up Fogo.

I'd try 'em again. They make a good backup plan for when Fogo is too crowded.