PDA

View Full Version : ICQ problems, will not let me login!

Mike AI
05-25-2006, 09:03 AM
I will login in for a few seconds, and then it gives me an error saying that I have attempted to login too many times. Please try again in a few minutes. Info number 0124.

Of course I have waited numerous hours, including over night. I have rebooted, etc...

The past week I have had at least 5-10 people (I assume spammers) trying to add me to ICQ and I kept putting them into ignore.

Anyone have similiar experiences? anyone have an idea for a solution? It is very frustrating!

I can login into ICQ under another account.... it appears like somehow my account is being blocked or jammed by a third party.

gonzo
05-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I will login in for a few seconds, and then it gives me an error saying that I have attempted to login too many times. Please try again in a few minutes. Info number 0124.

Of course I have waited numerous hours, including over night. I have rebooted, etc...

The past week I have had at least 5-10 people (I assume spammers) trying to add me to ICQ and I kept putting them into ignore.

Anyone have similiar experiences? anyone have an idea for a solution? It is very frustrating!

I can login into ICQ under another account.... it appears like somehow my account is being blocked or jammed by a third party.

I had the same problem. I started using ICQ2Go and it has let me in. Its still flakey though.

So Lawrence Conner keeps trying to add you too eh?

selena
05-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I haven't seen any reports on boards of others having that issue.

Perhaps it's time for a re-install?

MattOT
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
I never heard anything like this, my icq is working fine

Mike AI
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
I tired ICQ2go, and I have tried on different computers - my 2 laptops.

What a cluster.

Mike AI
05-25-2006, 09:46 AM
I tired ICQ2go, and I have tried on different computers - my 2 laptops.

What a cluster.

I have been able to login to another old ICQ account no problem. Somehow it seems as if my main one is being jammed.

Jace
05-25-2006, 02:20 PM
I have not had any issues with the icq service, i use the trillian program though

I have had that error before though with the icq service, but it only lasts a few minutes

Mike AI
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I finally uninstalled ICQ, and then downloaded an older version and it works now.

The wierd thing is my wife had the same problem today, so I had to do the same on her computer.

ICQ sucks.