PDA

View Full Version : So, who all watched the season finale of Lost tonight?

Jace
05-25-2006, 12:39 AM
I mean wow....what a great episode...best episode in a while

I am going to reveal a line in the show, so if you haven't seen it yet don't scroll past this

was it not funny as shit when Locke turned to Echo and says "I think I was wrong..."

my wife and I just about spit our drinks out

and wtf was up with that ending? How is desmonds ex-girlfriend involved with the dharma project?

TheEnforcer
05-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I did and the thing that REALLY through me for a loop was seeing Desmond's lady friend at the very end of the show. It was neat seeing the Colonel that interacted with Sayid in his flashback and finding out what caused the plane to go down but her showing up at the end in the manner she did was way bizarre because it leads to so many questions.

BTW- do you think Locke, Eko, and Desmond are all dead or no? What is VERY suspicious is that he was right there close by them and managed to make it to the beach but yet they did not. That will obviously be dealt with in the beginning of next season.

Halcyon
05-25-2006, 01:48 PM
That was AWESOME!!! Man, I love that show.

NY_TIM
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Heres my take.

Desmonds girlfriends father is involved in this. He wants to keep Desmond away from his daughter.

Remember at the stadium Desmond said to the girlfriend " how did you find me" and she said " if you have enough money you can find anyone"

So I think she hired those 2 guys in the snow hut knowing what her father did to Desmond and knowing he would cause that electric thingy that happend at the end and she had those 2 guys looking for that so she could find him.

What yo think?

Jace
05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Heres my take.

Desmonds girlfriends father is involved in this. He wants to keep Desmond away from his daughter.

Remember at the stadium Desmond said to the girlfriend " how did you find me" and she said " if you have enough money you can find anyone"

So I think she hired those 2 guys in the snow hut knowing what her father did to Desmond and knowing he would cause that electric thingy that happend at the end and she had those 2 guys looking for that so she could find him.

What yo think?

that is pretty good for sure and that line she said about the money and determination wasn't just thrown in there for effect at the stadium....there was a reason for it for sure.

so, those guys in the snow were just sitting there waiting for years for that one occurence to happen? LOL....wow, she has some serious determination...but I do agree, they were obviously there only because of her and something she knows

How about when they were releasing michael and they told him to follow the exact compass course and he would be rescued...what do you think that is about? Desmond couldn't get away because he ended up back at the island, but Michael continues on that one course and will be rescued....

NY_TIM
05-25-2006, 03:36 PM
that is pretty good for sure and that line she said about the money and determination wasn't just thrown in there for effect at the stadium....there was a reason for it for sure.

so, those guys in the snow were just sitting there waiting for years for that one occurence to happen? LOL....wow, she has some serious determination...but I do agree, they were obviously there only because of her and something she knows

How about when they were releasing michael and they told him to follow the exact compass course and he would be rescued...what do you think that is about? Desmond couldn't get away because he ended up back at the island, but Michael continues on that one course and will be rescued....

Dont know what the deal with Michael was.. It ws weird. And what about Desmond turing the key and "its suppose to make it all go away" what does thatn mean...

Jace
05-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Dont know what the deal with Michael was.. It ws weird. And what about Desmond turing the key and "its suppose to make it all go away" what does thatn mean...

haha, yeah....lot of fucking questions

how about when the sky changed color? I know why people were holding their ears though, because of the resonance from the electromagnet

everyone else keeps talking about how they are mad at the show because of the mystery behind it, and they aren't sure if they will watch it anymore....I am so much more intrigued now than I ever have been, and I can't wait to see what comes next

NY_TIM
05-25-2006, 05:13 PM
haha, yeah....lot of fucking questions

how about when the sky changed color? I know why people were holding their ears though, because of the resonance from the electromagnet

everyone else keeps talking about how they are mad at the show because of the mystery behind it, and they aren't sure if they will watch it anymore....I am so much more intrigued now than I ever have been, and I can't wait to see what comes next

I was wondering about the sky thing. Maybe its all just one persons dream. Either way, I love the mystery.. I think it was a great cliff hanger till next season....

TheEnforcer
05-25-2006, 05:30 PM
The mystery is the biggest appeal of the show!! Damn I hate crybabies likem that!

Jace
05-25-2006, 06:15 PM
The mystery is the biggest appeal of the show!! Damn I hate crybabies likem that!
no shit man, the fact that we keep learning one thing and questioning 10 more things is why I love the show

if they solved everything it would be boring

venturi
05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Okay, here's my conspiracy theory on this...

1) Desmond's girlfriend's Father (Mr. Widmore) owns Widmore Industries (kindof a duh there). Widmore Industries is a subsidiary/partner/something of the Dharma Initiative. So it would follow that young Ms. Widmore and her pile of money and some inside knowledge knows a bit about what cookie jars her daddy has his dirty fingers in. Now, we know she's probably got a good idea good ole dad is doing something a sane person wouldn't do with electomagnetism and we also know she probably figures he had something to do with Desmond virtually disappearing from the planet. So, add the two together and wherever there's a global magnetic disturbance traceable from the friggin north pole and you've got a good indication of where Desmond and dad's bag of tricks are at. But ... is she even trying to find Desmond? When the two guys said "I think we've found HIM" who is HIM?

2) The compass bearing. Given the extreme magnetic field centered on the island all compasses are going to be wacked except on two azimuths. The azimuths that align with the plane separating the magentic poles of the field will be the only points where the field will not totally screw your compass up. So theoretically if you follow Precisely one of those two courses you will travel in a straight line. Any other bearing and you just end up going around in a big circle around the island. Which if you were following things that is exactly what Desmond did for the two weeks he was at sea trying to get to Fiji.

3) The key. We know it's for the "fail safe" on the magnetic reactor(?). And failsafes shut things down. So what did it do. Well they've been referring to it as a capacitor for magnetic energy of sorts. (not sure how scientifically sound that is but hey, it's fiction so we'll roll with that.) The only way to shut down a capacitor is to discharge it, and discharging a capacitor releases a shit pile of energy - especially a capacitor it takes a friggin island to hold the power source that charges it. Hell even the normal scheduled 108min. discharges to keep it in the safe zone brought down a jumbo jet flying at 30K feet. I won't hazard a guess what that kind of magnetic field discharge would do to the iron molecules in a human body - but I'm guessing it *should* make a bit of a mess.

Something you might have missed... The hot redhead that gave Desmond the boat? That was Libby. You know, Hurley's now very dead girlfriend on the island? The chic he actually knew from a long time ago when he was in the loony bin - and she wasn't a psychologist but rather a fellow PATIENT?

Now here's the part that's really gonna bake your noodle... That hatch with "QUARANTINE" that dropped out of the sky after the discharge... Was it the hatch that they blew last season? ... OR did the discharge blow a Hatch that is above the island itself? Remember Desmond saying "There is no real world! We're in a bloody snow globe!" - what did that *really* mean?

BWAHAHAHA! See ya next season!

Jace
05-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Something you might have missed... The hot redhead that gave Desmond the boat? That was Libby. You know, Hurley's now very dead girlfriend on the island? The chic he actually knew from a long time ago when he was in the loony bin - and she wasn't a psychologist but rather a fellow PATIENT?

Now here's the part that's really gonna bake your noodle... That hatch with "QUARANTINE" that dropped out of the sky after the discharge... Was it the hatch that they blew last season? ... OR did the discharge blow a Hatch that is above the island itself? Remember Desmond saying "There is no real world! We're in a bloody snow globe!" - what did that *really* mean?

BWAHAHAHA! See ya next season!

we didn't miss the Libby thing, in fact our jaws dropped when she showed up at that coffee stand......her being in the looney bin was one thing, but her meeting up with desmond, well, that was just cool

but the quarantine thing, I never thought about that....why wouldn't other pieces of the original quarantine hatch fall also if the whole thing blew? VERY good observation man

Jace
05-25-2006, 10:52 PM
oh, and I agree on the compass thing, that is a very logical explanation....good thinking man

Jace
05-25-2006, 11:01 PM
This was just brought to my attention

on hansocareers.com, an administrative assistant opening is shown where the requirement is PhD in high-end scientific field OR a 5 year experience think-tank/govt sponsered research

http://www.hansocareers.com/

kind of goes along with the snow globe thing, huh?

Jace
05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
and here is some more from someone else

the "others" are fully aware of this, and sent michael off on their only boat (the same boat used in season 1 to destroy micahels boat), and knew he wont be getting far. that compass, 325 degrees, is southeast direction in a cartesian coordinate. in letyourcompassguideyou.com, that same coordinate (325) is what lets you into hanso's site. so he isn't going far, especially not with their what seems to be only boat.

Peaches
05-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Heres my take.

What yo think?
That was my thought process too.

DAMN what an ending. That show takes so many twists and turns they're just no way to tell where it's going. Odd that the chicks who were killed were also the ones who got into legal trouble in Hawaii ;)

Jace
05-26-2006, 06:06 PM
That was my thought process too.

DAMN what an ending. That show takes so many twists and turns they're just no way to tell where it's going. Odd that the chicks who were killed were also the ones who got into legal trouble in Hawaii ;)
just FYI, I don't know her real name, but the girl that plays anna lucia only signed on for a 1 year non-renewed contract...they knew exactly what was going to happen to her as soon as she sign the contract
she didn't want to get typecast in the role of anna lucia, so she only let them have her for 1 year

NY_TIM
05-26-2006, 07:33 PM
I cant wait for next season....

NY_TIM
05-28-2006, 06:45 PM
This one blew my mind. Remeber the one where we learn about Siaed? Remember a Corporal forces him to
torture his own guy to help get us information? that corporal was the same
guy that was in the hatch with Desmond, his name was Kelvin (he was Corpoal Kelvin in the earlier episode in Iraq)

Peaches
05-29-2006, 01:53 PM
This one blew my mind. Remeber the one where we learn about Siaed? Remember a Corporal forces him to
torture his own guy to help get us information? that corporal was the same
guy that was in the hatch with Desmond, his name was Kelvin (he was Corpoal Kelvin in the earlier episode in Iraq)

Yep - the guy who was the priest on Carnivale :)

gonzo
05-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Yep - the guy who was the priest on Carnivale :)

And you saw what happened to "Management" in the end too...