PDA

View Full Version : Joeshow you an Opranaut now?

Mike AI
05-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Is Oprano your home again? Or just visiting?

JoesHO
05-20-2006, 11:37 AM
I come by when I can, I would like to see Gonzo succeeed.
I know many out there that do not have the same sentiment and have even went as far as trying to harm his chances.

I am very busy these days but when I am home or if I have a chance i will certainly come by and try to help the cause. :)

Rolo
05-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I know many out there that do not have the same sentiment and have even went as far as trying to ham his chances.You mean like calling his hosting clients, telling them that his datacenter is going offline, and that should move their servers ASAP? :scratchin

Oooh fuck, I might have gotten the names mixed up - it happens for us old timers :yowsa:

JoesHO
05-20-2006, 12:21 PM
You mean like calling his hosting clients, telling them that his datacenter is going offline, and that should move their servers ASAP? :scratchin

Oooh fuck, I might have gotten the names mixed up - it happens for us old timers :yowsa:

all wrong again numbnuts.

here is the story.

I once owned part of a hosting company with some partners.
The hosting company got into some money trouble ( all partners have a different view as to why)

I had someone I thought was a decent person at the time and someone I thought I would do future business with that was a hosting client there.

Since the person had always told me that they were hosting there because of me, I felt a certain obligation to the customer.

The partners of the hosting company decided it was best to part ways and to part assets/debts we settled this amongst ourselves as it was our business to do so.

once it was determined I was leaving this partnership and the hosting company, I felt it the right thing to do to inform the aforesaid customer that I was not going to be there any longer. when asked by the customer why I informed them, I said that that it was having money trouble and that if soemthing bad happened to there servers or service after I left that I was not to be blamed . ( this person has a big mouth and likes to run it on boards and I did not want something negative to effect my other aspects of business if they had trouble andd their servers went down also) so actually there were two customers, the big mouth one and the one I thought I would do future business with and did not want to have something bad happen to.

The Hosting company partner made some bold moves and with his hard work and determination he was able to make his business profitable again, and nothing bad ever happened . I am glad to see the person ,I like ( my former partner in the hosting business ) doing well and I congratulate him on his efforts and ability to service his customers and to take care of the bad situation that had faced him at the time. It is definatly something that has earned my respect, and I would tell anyone that he will go the extra mile for them if they are his customer.

as far as the customer ........ well he has proven to be a piece of shit , and it is unfortunate ( the big mouthed one) the other one that I had thought I would do more business with , well they are no longer in adult and I am not in mainstream, but given the actions they have taken and a lie they told someone I do not ever expect to do business with that person again, nor do I want to. ( they revealed their true colors) again it is most unfortunate that people are that way.

So if you mean did I try to offer my advice to someone so they would not lose a bunch of business , yes I did.

was I wrong in doing so, NO, was I wrong about the ability of the hosting partner to bring the business back to sustainable, YES.

was i wrong about the customer(s) YES they are nothing but proven scammers over and over again, leapords do not change their spots no matter how they try to convince you otherwise.

and as for why the customer needs to be offshore, and the legal practice of their business model, well that is not for me to decide.... I guess people have all the morals they can afford to have.

Thank god I can afford to have good ones.

any other questions?

Mike AI
05-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Damn that is a long response Joe. Can anyone sum it up in 3 sentences?

Jace
05-20-2006, 12:51 PM
hey Joesho, some of the girls at the Cheetah were asking about you ;)

JoesHO
05-20-2006, 12:58 PM
hey Joesho, some of the girls at the Cheetah were asking about you ;)

Yeah, I do not think I am going to do a search in Atlanta, I think Tampa is our first one. Then Denver is second. Then Houston in the spring of next year.

Jace
05-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I do not think I am going to do a search in Atlanta, I think Tampa is our first one. Then Denver is second. Then Houston in the spring of next year.
yeah, Gonzo told me...that's cool...I wanna keep them all for myself anyway ;)...thanks for planting the seed in their heads though :)

JoesHO
05-20-2006, 01:06 PM
yeah, Gonzo told me...that's cool...I wanna keep them all for myself anyway ;)...thanks for planting the seed in their heads though :)

Yeah some very hot girls there for sure . :okthumb:

I will have around 14 sites done before florida so we are slammed with those right now .

gonzo
05-20-2006, 02:29 PM
You mean like calling his hosting clients, telling them that his datacenter is going offline, and that should move their servers ASAP? :scratchin

I sold my datacenter 2 years ago.