PDA

View Full Version : Would you lend a Co Worker Money?

gonzo
05-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Say you have a coworker that comes to you in confidence wanting you to lend her some money so she can "cheer" her husband up with a trip to Disneyland.

Now you know this coworker has shown some lack of judgement in the past and shes proven to be able to lie just like the Bagdad Bob....[with the truth rolling behind her like American tanks in Bagdad] would you be a soft touch and loan her the money?

Peaches
05-19-2006, 12:50 AM
No comment............

gonzo
05-19-2006, 12:51 AM
No comment............

No money?

Jace
05-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Dude, I am sorry man, I just remembered that $15 you lent me...seriously though, there was no reason to start a thread about it, all you had to do was ask!!!

hehe....j/k

Jace
05-19-2006, 03:31 AM
oh, and btw, we don't lend money to ANYONE any more...it always turns out bad, we never get the money back

currently, between friends and family, we have lent out over $3000 in the past 2 years, and have only gotten around $200 back

domtheboy
05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
It's a big fat no from me I'm afraid.

Toby
05-19-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm much more inclinded to give someone some money than I am to loan it to them.

gonzo
05-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm much more inclinded to give someone some money than I am to loan it to them.

In this case Im sure it was a forced gift.
When they stop answering ICQ and email...kiss your mon-ay good bye!

JoesHO
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
That sucks, out them if they dont pay you .

TheEnforcer
05-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Given what you posted, no I would not. But if the circumstances were different yeah I would loan someone some money if they needed it.

domtheboy
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Now I think about it, a wise man from round these parts had a saying that could be applied here....

Something about lending someone some money, and if they paid you back then great you have a friend for life.

But if they cross the road every time you see them to avoid you, then the amount you loaned them was a cheap way of getting rid of a cunt of an acquaintance ;)

Jace
05-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Now I think about it, a wise man from round these parts had a saying that could be applied here....

Something about lending someone some money, and if they paid you back then great you have a friend for life.

But if they cross the road every time you see them to avoid you, then the amount you loaned them was a cheap way of getting rid of a cunt of an acquaintance ;)

hahaha...my wife said the same thing about an old friend that borrowed $250 from us a year or so ago...he kept avoiding us and not answering his phone

my wife and both agreed that we basically learned a $250 lesson about how much of a true friend he was

what pissed us off the most was about 2 months after he borrowed the money he called us late one night when we were all partying and asked if we knew were to find some herb...LOL...we tore him a new one during that phone call

iamkathi
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
ok... my 2 cents. At this stage of my life would I? Probably not.

But in my younger years I loaned a guy I was dating some money to get his car repaired. He needed that for work..right?

Well, when I asked him about repaying me he said... well, I AM sleeping with you aren't I.

I just said not anymore.

Lesson learned.

gonzo
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
ok... my 2 cents. At this stage of my life would I? Probably not.

But in my younger years I loaned a guy I was dating some money to get his car repaired. He needed that for work..right?

Well, when I asked him about repaying me he said... well, I AM sleeping with you aren't I.

I just said not anymore.

Lesson learned.

Thats just fucking Goofy on his part...

iamkathi
05-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Thats just fucking Goofy on his part...

Cute... a Disneyland reference... I get it!

gonzo
05-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Cute... a Disneyland reference... I get it!

Someone didnt get their money though.

Rcourt64
05-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Just give 'em the money dude.
if they don't pay you back, call me, I got buds in the hood :clubinhan lol

Biggy
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM
i try not to lend money to anyone, friends, family, etc - unless its a strictly business deal or if its a situation where i understand i may never see the money again and am cool with that (like if someone really needed the financial help for dire needs).

lending money will always be an easy way to end any relationship when they dont pay you back.

JoesHO
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Just give 'em the money dude.
if they don't pay you back, call me, I got buds in the hood :clubinhan lol

you mean over on Anderson av?

JoesHO
05-19-2006, 06:12 PM
i try not to lend money to anyone, friends, family, etc - unless its a strictly business deal or if its a situation where i understand i may never see the money again and am cool with that (like if someone really needed the financial help for dire needs).

lending money will always be an easy way to end any relationship when they dont pay you back.

Hey Biggy I will be in LA over Memorial weekend, I get in on the 24th if you are free lets hook up for a drink or lunch or something.

gonzo
05-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Im considering a seperate poll to see how long you wait before after being promised a check before you realize you been lied to yet AGAIN.

Im open for suggestions starting at 1 week.

pam
05-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Never again. I have $10,200 out in loans for close to 10 years now and will never again see a cent of it.

carina
05-31-2006, 10:15 AM
No I will not give any money in the scenario like gonzon mention, but if it is a medical emergency I will gladly give some money:okthumb:

LadyMischief
05-31-2006, 11:36 AM
I generally don't lend money to anyone, and don't borrow it either. Neither a borrower nor a lender be. Keeps relationships much more healthy.

Peaches
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Partial payment HAS been delivered. ;)