PDA

View Full Version : What could be worse than losing the war on terror?

LadyLaw
05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Elizabeth Dole, in a recent Republican fundraising letter, worries openly that if Democrats win in 2006 they will...

"....cancel the Bush tax cuts, allow liberal activist judges to run our courts and undermine all Republican efforts to win the War on Terror. Even worse, they will call for endless congressional investigations and possibly call for the impeachment of President Bush!"

Even worse.....? Worse than losing the war on terror....investigations???

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/008358.php

Oy vey!

Winetalk.com
05-04-2006, 05:06 PM
MikeAI can't respond...too bad
;)

gonzo
05-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Free MikeAI ???

LadyLaw
05-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Free MikeAI ???

Sorry Gonzo, he's all tied up at the moment...:)

Winetalk.com
05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Sorry Gonzo, he's all tied up at the moment...:)

..by pesky French women
:)

gonzo
05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
..by pesky French women
:)

I saw one in front of a tower that could tie me up for the rest of my life.

sextoyking
05-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Of course there will be "oversight" dammit didn't our founding fathers set up this system / country that way!!!!

Mike AI
05-07-2006, 05:07 AM
Serge you could have posted my response I sent to you in e-mail:

Serge, I have told you many times the terrorist ( islamic fascist) are far from the biggest threat to the US. We know ( well at least some of us) that they are the enemy.

Larger threats include activist judges who substitute their own personal beliefs by fiat - over ruling the legislature. With lifetime appointments they are accountable to no one.

Another large threat are the trial lawyers, who like a pack of rabid dogs attack any company, or person they think have deep pockets. It is legalized extortion. These jackals are scaring doctors into retirement or other lines of work, preventing life saving medicine to get to market, raising insurance rates, etc....

Our politicians increasingly are becoming major threats to our Nation. They refuse to address real issues, preferring to kick the can down the street mentality - issues like illegal immigration, social security, revising tax code, tort reform, balancing budget are all important to deal with.

So Elizabeth Dole has a point. But at the end of the day, she is part of the problem....

Serge, I HIGHLY recommend the book "Vision of the Anointed" by Thomas Sowell. I finished it last month, Katie is reading it now and loves it. I think you and Sue would as well.

TheEnforcer
05-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Let's see what a decidedly conservative former republican congressmen has to say about the democrats agenda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/06/AR2006050601336_pf.html

To counter that perception, House Democrats have formulated a plan of action for their first week in control. Their leaders said a Democratic House would quickly vote to raise the minimum wage for the first time since 1997. It would roll back a provision in the Republicans' Medicare prescription drug benefit that prohibits the Department of Health and Human Services from negotiating prices for drugs offered under the program.

It would vote to fully implement the recommendations of the bipartisan panel convened to shore up homeland security after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Democratic leaders said.

And it would reinstate lapsed rules that say any tax cuts or spending increases have to be offset by spending cuts or tax increases to prevent the federal deficit from growing.

Armey dismissed the substance of the Democratic proposals as demagoguery but said that the politics "really, frankly, are not too bad."
================================================

I don't know of too many americans who would argue with changing a part of the new prescrition drug law that has widely been seen as a debacle and giveaway to the drug companies or for actually following the reccommendations of the panel for security after 9-11 which the GOP has virtually ignored. The minimum wage thing isn't a big thing as that's a more ttargeted group type of policy. A guy like Dick Armey is blunt when he says the politics of their proposals are good. He's gotta leave his party room to attack it but he can be honest enough to acknowledge and realize people will pay attention and it puts them in a bad spot.