PDA

View Full Version : internet censorship - strength or weakness?

Rolo
05-01-2006, 04:41 PM
With internet censorship on an uprise, then how do you see those that do the internet censorship? Is it sign of strength or weakness, when goverments block sites? Or how about ISPs and sites choosing what their users should not see?

Strength or Weakness?

Trev
05-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I chose weakness... good poll - it's indicative of the new oprano and it's direction.

Jace
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
censorship on any level is a weakness shown by those in power

Trev
05-01-2006, 07:40 PM
That type of talk will get this thread banished to here:
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36

or here

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34

I can see one of them from the index.php, why can't I see the other...

Inabon
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM

LOL talk about short memory span.

JR
05-01-2006, 08:44 PM
hahaa :)

PwN3d!

Jace
05-01-2006, 08:47 PM
I also believe that private communities need to be moderated

oprano is a private community, it may be open for anyone to register, but it is not a public forum by any means

JR
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM

oprano is a private community, it may be open for anyone to register, but it is not a public forum by any means

if entertainment value could translate to clicks, surfmasters would be cleaning up.

Jace
05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
if entertainment value could translate to clicks, surfmasters would be cleaning up.
what is this surfmaster thing you speak of? is that what you all call your leader serge now?

JR
05-01-2006, 08:55 PM
what is this surfmaster thing you speak of? is that what you all call your leader serge now?

actually, its not fair to you. you are actually a webmaster. i keep confusing all your ignorant remarks with those of the others.

my bad. :(

Inabon
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM

dude don't try to fix it. just let it go...

sarettah
05-01-2006, 11:39 PM

Please explain the difference between "moderating" a board and "censoring" a board.

:blink:

Rolo
05-02-2006, 06:44 AM

So which one does this "private club" cater too?

- The reader?
- The poster?
- The moderator?

Or in other words:

- The webmasters?
- The surfmasters/oldies?
- AEBN?

Right now I see a board that is catering to AEBN´s needs... Which is fair enough, but the action "I will remove this thread/post, because it hurts my feelings" shows alot about the current AEBN character.

Fight words with words - not censorship! Censorship is for the weak, those that can not give a counter-argument to why their actions are justified.

When the lion brawls, then the weak hides :mf_seehea