PDA

View Full Version : Roast of Bush and everyone else by Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central

TheEnforcer
04-30-2006, 02:11 PM
3 parts to the video. Man, he spares NO ONE! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIRXur61II

Here are some highlights:

"Because we are not so different, he and I. We both get it. Guys like us, we're not some brainiacs on the nerd patrol. We are not members of the factanista. We go straight from the gut. Right sir. That's where the truth lies. Right down here in the gut."

"I believe the government that governs best is the government that governs least. And by these standards we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."

"Guys like us - we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that people are thinking in 'reality'. And 'reality' has a well known liberal bias."

"I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things. Things like aircraft carriers, and rubble, and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message that no matter what happens to America she will always rebound with the most powerfully staged photo-ops in the world."

"The greatest thing about this man is that he is steady. You know where he stands. He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday - no matter what happened Tuesday. Events can change, this man's beliefs never will."

"Fox News gives you both sides of every story - the President's side and the Vice President's side."

"This Administration is not sinking. This Administration is soaring. If anything they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg."

"Justice Scalia, may I be the first to say welcome sir! [Colbert flicks fingers from under chin at Scalia in Sicilian gesture]"

"Mayor Nagin, I would like to welcome you to Washington, DC - the chocolate city with a marshmallow center...and a graham cracker crust of corruption."

"Joe Wilson...the most famous husband since Desi Arnez."

New Press Secretary Tony Snow.. Secret Service name: Snow Job."
"I would have made a fabulous Press Secretary. I have nothing but contempt for these people."

Sharpie
04-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, I saw a lot of it. I noticed that at first Bush was laughing, then it quickly dropped from a smirk to a frozen smile..... couldn't believe some of the things he said in front of everyone!

Winetalk.com
04-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I haven't seen it and will have to ask MikeAI how did he like it
;)

CDSmith
04-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Burn after sweetly written burn. :okthumb:

Colbert, and his other half Jon Stewart, are fucking great.

I truly love watching the Daily Show.

Love it.

Rolo
04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
In a democracy you get the politicians you deserve :rolleyes:

JR
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
i dont get it... liberals keep talking about journalists and people being afraid to speak out against bush... horror stories about people being silenced. how the second amendment is under attack and yet here is a guy slamming him, right in front of him, on live tv, making fun of the war, the administration, their policies and the president himself.

this must be faked. why would madonna and sean penn lie to me?

Mike AI
04-30-2006, 07:57 PM
i dont get it... liberals keep talking about journalists and people being afraid to speak out against bush... horror stories about people being silenced. how the second amendment is under attack and yet here is a guy slamming him, right in front of him, on live tv, making fun of the war, the administration, their policies and the president himself.

this must be faked. why would madonna and sean penn lie to me?

It is amazing how Bush can be the dumbest person on the planet, yet be responsible for so many cunning overthrows of the Constitution.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it is all Cheney - he pulls the strings.

Bush has lost me on a majority of his domestic items. Bush is not Conservative.

I do support our war in Iraq, and in killing the most "terrorists" we can around the world, whereever they gather. I am also for gitmo, secret detention camps in Europe, and wire tapping!

I missed the roast. I am surprised Bush would even go to something like this, he knows how the media is. Sounds funny though. However, I will say it the level of discourse and respect in this Country continues to get worse. Will be interesting to see where all this ends up.

JR
04-30-2006, 08:19 PM
It is amazing how Bush can be the dumbest person on the planet, yet be responsible for so many cunning overthrows of the Constitution.

that statement underscores the greatest paradox in the position of the far left... being force to simultaneously argue that he is the worlds biggest retard and genius master of the universe.