PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is going on here??

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 01:41 PM
ok as a oldtime webmaster but newbiew "Surfmaster" - I am a bit confused on what is going on at oprano...

What the heck is everyone rambling on about? This doesn't seem like the "normal" oprano of yesteryear...

Am I missing something...... What happended to the board as we knew it?

Thanks

Todd

Winetalk.com
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Todd, in case you missed it,
THE PASSOVER IS OVER!
and time to ask
"Why is this board different from every other board?"
have passed.

Timon
04-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Todd, new Oprano management told all the old timers to fuck off.

We are now all on winetalk.com

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 01:46 PM
always loved your answers Serge - makes me think for a sec :)

Passover was great I can attest to that..

Well I was not reading oprano for a bit - been busy and I come back and it's all wiered out.....

Too many surfers??? hmmmmm

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Todd, new Oprano management told all the old timers to fuck off.

We are now all on winetalk.com

Ahhh, I see Timon. I must have missed that thread... Well Oprano always had oldtimers on it..

Kinda stupid if you ask me.....

Timon
04-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Too many surfers??? hmmmmm

Not surfers.... "surfmasters" it's the new hybrid, part webmaster part surfer :)

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Not surfers.... "surfmasters" it's the new hybrid, part webmaster part surfer :)

fuck that!!!! I mean I surf too of course looking at new things, reading all the time, etc but these are supposed to be industry forums - people working / doing business in our industry....

Trev
04-26-2006, 01:50 PM
In it for the "art", not the $$money$$ ;)

Timon
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
fuck that!!!! I mean I surf too of course looking at new things, reading all the time, etc but these are supposed to be industry forums - people working / doing business in our industry....

here is a quote of a prominent surfmaster, a prime example of this new hybrid breed:

JR? I don't build for the money, I build because I enjoy the "art" of building.

maybe I'm in the wrong business sir. And should just dedicate my talent to being a designer, cause its what I enjoy doing the most. I don't speak for anyone else but myself when I say that, it's not all about the $$$, I need to enjoy what I do & if I find happiness in what I do, and I'm able to bring in money while I do it. Then that will make me even more happier.

Ya... thats pretty much my (nOOb perspective).

The PROS here have lost this in a sence, it's become more of an $$$ reigns,

and who cares much on detail or enjoying what they offer the public, just show me the money. With all due respect sir, I feel you all just don't care anymore about the public. as long as the bank accounts are full.

Winetalk.com
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Todd, do you run your companies just for your own pleasure!?
;)

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
feel, art, enjoy, WTF :)

It's almost all about the money - this is business.. Offer your service or product to the public - general consumer and sell as much of it as you possibly can and make as much $$$$ as you can...

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Todd, do you run your companies just for your own pleasure!?
;)

only when I get free love dolls :) LOL

Winetalk.com
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Damn...sorry, Todd, but you don't belong here, you are not a surfmaster, never been one and you'll be banned very soon, just ask Nick and Ant how and why were they banned.
:)

Winetalk.com
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
only when I get free love dolls :) LOL

save 2 for me, I'll pick them up in Portland in July!

JR
04-26-2006, 02:06 PM
todd, being that you have a real brick and mortar store as well as websites, you are actually twice removed from surfmasters. its not looking good for your future here

btw, how ya been? :)

Timon
04-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I am going to start a petition to have Todd banned... he doesn't fit in here :mad:

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Damn...sorry, Todd, but you don't belong here, you are not a surfmaster, never been one and you'll be banned very soon, just ask Nick and Ant how and why were they banned.

dammmm.... another thread I must of missed.. Nick and Ant gone??

That is BS.... :(

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
todd, being that you have a real brick and mortor store as well as websites, you are actually twice removed from surfmasters. its not looking good for your future here

btw, how ya been? :)

Jr,

long time no talk..

Well I guess a banning is coming in my direction then :(

Doing good - been quite busy lately.

Were setting up some nice product lines - doing some mainstream, etc. Will come out with weblines.com in a couple of months - should rock :)

Glad spring is here and almost summer - can't wait for travel time..

How's things with you? Are you up I-5 still?

Timon
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM

They are not gone, they are in "a better place" now ;)

JR
04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Jr,

long time no talk..

Were setting up some nice product lines - doing some mainstream, etc. Will come out with weblines.com in a couple of months - should rock :)

still here. living in bellevue and keeping busy. i think i am going to go buy a new bike next week so i will spend a lot of time driving down there and to the coast. serge is going to be there as well this summer. we should all get together and do something we will regret.

JR
04-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Jr,

long time no talk..

there are still some words of wisdom to be gleaned around here. the nuggets are few and far betwee. on of our favorite surfmasters left us with this:

"SO WHEN YOU REJECT & MOCK THE "NOOB" YOUR ALSO REJECTING THE FUTURE INTERNET SURFER !!!"

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 02:19 PM
still here. living in bellevue and keeping busy. i think i am going to go buy a new bike next week so i will spend a lot of time driving down there and to the coast. serge is going to be there as well this summer. we should all get together and do something we will regret.

Great idea - count me in forsure. Yeh Serge will be here. Let's all do dinner or something.

Speaking of bikes - almost ready to put on my boots and take the hog in for service - it's been about a year...

What kind of ride are you going to get?

Bellevue is cool, grew up there when I was young - Both sisters still live there, near the Sears on bel red road. We used to live near BCC when I was young.

JR
04-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Great idea - count me in forsure. Yeh Serge will be here. Let's all do dinner or something.

Speaking of bikes - almost ready to put on my boots and take the hog in for service - it's been about a year...

What kind of ride are you going to get?

Bellevue is cool, grew up there when I was young - Both sisters still live there, near the Sears on bel red road. We used to live near BCC when I was young.

i need a combination of "comfortable to ride" and "scary fast" and this seems to be the only bike that fits that description.

http://www.motordesktop.com/wallpaper/general/Suzuki%20Hayabusa%20-%201024x768.jpg

sextoyking
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
nice ride Jr, but too much crotch rocket for me :)

you will love it.... I love my hog (fat boy) - comfortable, nice and loud :)

gotta run, see you guys a bit later..

Rolo
04-26-2006, 03:16 PM

I say they had it coming - telling the truth to surfmasters is bad karma :unsure:

JR
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I say they had it coming - telling the truth to surfmasters is bad karma :unsure:

http://www.fuckedwebmaster.com/images/joe_dirt_surfmaster.jpg

Rolo
04-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Hahaha :okthumb:

JR
04-26-2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.fuckedwebmaster.com/images/surfmaster_turd.jpg

Stacey_JoinRightNow
04-27-2006, 03:31 AM
http://www.fuckedwebmaster.com/images/surfmaster_turd.jpg

you mean he have to eat like that, I mean like those ways? :scratchin

pmb alan
04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
I guess you also need a Liberal Arts degree to be a surfmaster. That leaves me out. My college *cough* *cough* a couple years *cough* *cough* ago never taught me "you want fries with that?" so I've never done anything for the art sake, though my coding is a visual joy most of the time.

girlyweb
04-27-2006, 01:21 PM
ok as a oldtime webmaster but newbiew "Surfmaster" - I am a bit confused on what is going on at oprano...

What the heck is everyone rambling on about? This doesn't seem like the "normal" oprano of yesteryear...

Am I missing something...... What happended to the board as we knew it?

Thanks

Todd

Funny, I was just saying the same thing.

I have a theory:

Everyone is so old they forgot either their pass or username. They had to creat a new account. and are now being called SCAMMERS.

Dianna Vesta
04-27-2006, 02:30 PM

Trust me you didn't miss much. You with right on with the orginal post.