PDA

View Full Version : Effective fusing of web and tv advertising..

TheEnforcer
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Ok.. so i was watching CSI: NY this morning after I woke up and at the end of the episode one of the main characters gets a gift from her boyfriend and he gives her an explanation about the gift and since it's art and exotic she goes to look it up on the web. No such word, but there is a website http://www.aresanob.com and she click on the link and in close up she gets a look of surprise on ehre face and goes "Oh my god!" So naturally I have to look at the website and it takes you to an extended promo of next weeks show. Probably a minite and a half or more instead of the 15-20 seconds they do at the end of the show normally.

Hammer
04-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Cool idea and I didn't even catch it. I figured they were doing a typical cliff hanger ending but didn't think about checking the website.

TheEnforcer
04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah.. I had it on TIVO and was like.. "Ok, I gotta check that out" LOL

They showed the address close up two times and the second she went "Oh my god> and it faded to black and rewound the TIVO to look at the address again to make sure I had it right.

SykkBoy
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
That's kind of like what Nip/Tuck did with the the Carver, creating a myspace page for him

Dravyk
04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Gotta love marketing hybridity! :okthumb:

TheEnforcer
04-21-2006, 03:02 PM
That's kind of like what Nip/Tuck did with the the Carver, creating a myspace page for him

Definately an interesting promotion too. :okthumb: