PDA

View Full Version : it's time for Oprano oldies to fuck off.

Winetalk.com
04-20-2006, 01:41 PM
New management made it very clear this week that the oldies are no longer welcomed on Oprano. I say that new management deserves the FULL support of all oldies who built this place from scratch and let the management fulfill their vision without interference from the oldies.

Most of the oldies are retirees and come here to socialize. Picking up on the newbies interferes with business.

If socializing is what you looking for,
here is the place to do it:
http://www.winetalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

I fully support Bishop and Gonzo in the direction they been taking Oprano...as my contract calls for.

Newbies, you are not welcomed in the "retirement home", so don't even bnother,
you'll be banned on the spot.

dig420
04-20-2006, 01:45 PM
some of us oldies are still in business ;)

Jace
04-20-2006, 01:47 PM
jesus, can people whine any more please?

WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

you would think some people shot somebodys dog or something

Sammy
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
some of us oldies are still in business ;)

Bern,

See you on winetalk.

This place has followed it's current leadership.

Timon
04-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Still in business or out of business, big time or small time, it doesn't matter, Oprano has become a newbie forum for people with a low IQ and I'm moving on...

Adios Oprano... it's been fun but it's time to part :waving:

See all the cool folks on the OLD TIMERS board on Winetalk.com :okthumb:

Sammy
04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Winetalk...

Our current thread of interest is...

Would you trust someone after they committed Grand Theft Auto?

No, not the video game.

Robin
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Still in business or out of business, big time or small time, it doesn't matter, Oprano has become a newbie forum for people with a low IQ and I'm moving on...

Yep - guess I'll come and join all the others at the old folks home too ;)

Timon
04-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Yep - guess I'll come and join all the others at the old folks home too ;)

It's not an old folks home

IT'S A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY!!! :mad:

CDSmith
04-20-2006, 02:53 PM
My wheelchair needs oiling.

Cleo
04-20-2006, 03:18 PM
But I don't really care for wine

Mike AI
04-20-2006, 03:21 PM
I support the new owners iof Oprano 100%. I beleive Bishop, AEBN and Gonzo will work hard on their vision and will allow Oprano to bcome a gem.

I am here for the long term.

Rcourt64
04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
I support the new owners iof Oprano 100%. I beleive Bishop, AEBN and Gonzo will work hard on their vision and will allow Oprano to bcome a gem.

I am here for the long term.

me to :okthumb:

DrGuile
04-20-2006, 04:02 PM
lol, Sergei can still slip trucks right by people, unoticed, just by waving his penis a little...

:okthumb:

Billy
04-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Hummm...

sudden
04-20-2006, 05:36 PM

Can we please make the new forum easier to remember? http://www.winetalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18 just isn't going to cut it (at least not when I'm drunk!)

Hammer
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Based on my join date and the fact that I've been married longer than some of you have been alive, I'm close to an oldie, but I support Gonzo and Bishop and I'm sure they'll be able to make this an excellent spot for webmasters if they don't have to deal with businessmen that act like kids.

CuriousToyBoy
04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Hmmmm..

Just coming back to post.. first time in ages.

Nice to feel welcomed back.

2c

Winetalk.com
04-20-2006, 07:26 PM
, but I support Gonzo and Bishop and I'm sure they'll be able to make this an excellent spot for webmasters if they don't have to deal with businessmen that act like kids.

you forgot multi million $$$ company AEBN, they own Oprano too!

Trev
04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
you forgot multi million $$$ company AEBN, they own Oprano too!
Maybe they'll stump up the money for the domain, seeing as Bishop and Gonzo aint...

Dravyk
04-20-2006, 08:17 PM
This place is getting stranger by the day. :unsure:

Rolo
04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
you would think some people shot somebodys dog or something

No, it was worse... "some people" threw out the very pillar, which made Oprano rise above the rest. The founding principals of no bullshit, and only to ban people in case of severe mental illness, was proof of the strong personalities who founded Oprano, and of those that posted here.

What you would get from Oprano was never about "how to do" or "what to do" tips, but about perspectives, opiniones and knowledge which you could use to shape your own ideas and/or expand your horizon. In other words - while Oprano made it possible for you to become a shepherd, then other boards were busy breeding sheep.

The sad thing is to watch Oprano be forced into another sheep farm with the "ignorants" cheering on, because they think the "treasure" is hidden in Oprano itself... however the truth is, that the it was never the name, the logo or the script, but the people who were the real treasure.

1000 sheep are only more useful than 10 lions, if they are going to get slaughtered. For everything else the lion is the king.

Jace
04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
No, it was worse... "some people" threw out the very pillar, which made Oprano rise above the rest. The founding principals of no bullshit, and only to ban people in case of severe mental illness, was proof of the strong personalities who founded Oprano, and of those that posted here.

What you would get from Oprano was never about "how to do" or "what to do" tips, but about perspectives, opiniones and knowledge which you could use to shape your own ideas and/or expand your horizon. In other words - while Oprano made it possible for you to become a shepherd, then other boards were busy breeding sheep.

The sad thing is to watch Oprano be forced into another sheep farm with the "ignorants" cheering on, because they think the "treasure" is hidden in Oprano itself... however the truth is, that the it was never the name, the logo or the script, but the people who were the real treasure.

1000 sheep are only more useful than 10 lions, if they are going to get slaughtered. For everything else the lion is the king.

here is what I don't understand, and you can mock me if it is a stupid question, but if people are so protective about this board and what it stood for, why was it sold? seems like it would be something that people would want to protect and hold on to so that it didn't get into the wrong hands

Rolo
04-20-2006, 09:14 PM
hold on to so that it didn't get into the wrong hands

The intelligent people of Oprano will move on. They will not loose - they are already shepherds.

The question you should ask is... why do you want to be a sheep?

Jace
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
The intelligent people of Oprano will move on. They will not loose - they are already shepherds.

The question you should ask is... why do you want to be a sheep?
sorry, i don't buy into that whole "sheep" mentality...and to be honest, just calling other people that, you yourself have fallen into that category

I like to do what I want, when I want, and I don't like to follow just because everyone else does.

that still didn't answer my initial question though, why would people who treasures this place so dearly sell it?

Rolo
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I think its more interesting to know why someone bought it, then why someone sold it... Intent is what drives the decisions about the future.

Hammer
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Seems to me that the so called 'intelligent people' of Oprano don't understand that a board that has a few know-it-alls hanging out ain't gonna be too popular with advertisers and I can't speak for Gonzo and Bishop, but I'm pretty sure they are hoping to make a few bucks and not just provide a place for self-appointed bigwigs to shoot the shit. Which of course is the reason Serge sold it in the first place, cause it wasn't making any money.

Rolo
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
but ofcourse being a sheep you do not worry about the slaughter ahead :-)

CDSmith
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.thewinnipegpages.com/forum/uploads/post-2-1144968556.jpg

spazlabz
04-20-2006, 11:07 PM
you know what strikes me as bizarre here and I am not trying to shit on anyone cereal. But here we are on a medium that changes a little every day and significantly at least annually and it appears as though the core group of posters who have been here the longest and have seen the most changes, are the ones most resistant to change.

I have had many conversations with Gonzo about this board over the years and he is married to it, he loves Oprano and has since the first day he dragged me here kicking and screaming (thanks Gonzo, it has been very worth the time spent). So i know he has what he considers to be the best interest in the board at heart when he signs on to any changes that may come about.

And I happen to agree that the main change i see coming down the line, being more open and welcoming to noobs, is a very good thing. I know I have a few years under my belt and if something i can say to someone starting out, whether it be a camgirl or a designer or even a hopeful TGP owner, can help them in some way I would want to do it. But the level of ridecule here in the past, sharp one liners from people others respect, will shut up anyone.

I saw someone saying here in the last couple of days that someone else got his 'wittle feeling hurt' GROW THE FUCK UP! the only person that wants to read that childish bullshit is yourself and any drooling moron that has an axe to grind.

I would love to be able to gleen as much information and knowledge as I could from someone like Serge, the man has YEARS of experience in this biz. He's seen shit I can only read and daydream about, but i fear i'd have more luck getting a straight answer from the pen sitting on my desk then i would from almost (there are exceptions I am sure) any of the oldtimers that currently populate the board.

My sincerest wish is that the oldtimers did not 'fuck off' but rather join in and embrace the changes, but how likely is that?

spaz

Rolo
04-21-2006, 05:04 AM
But here we are on a medium that changes a little every day and significantly at least annually and it appears as though the core group of posters who have been here the longest and have seen the most changes, are the ones most resistant to change.

Oh, Young Jedi - its because we "the old timers" are changing more than anyone else, that the same aged old questions like "look at my site" or "where can I get traffic" etc. simply can not turn us on any longer. We have "Done that. Did that. Been there. Tried that", and no little blue pill can change that.

Your are fooling yourself, if you think "old timers" are out of touch - who do you think you will run into at the very frontlines in this business? Yep, some bloody old timer. The sheep first arrive to grass long after the battle have moved away from the field... the field which is now owned by some old timer.

So when a sheep says "I´m the new kid in town", then it sounds like "baaaa baaaa" to an older timer, and he knows his initial job is done - now the slaughter awaits.

Jace
04-21-2006, 05:12 AM
So when a sheep says "I´m the new kid in town", then it sounds like "baaaa baaaa" to an older timer, and he knows his initial job is done - now the slaughter awaits.

jesus, please take that sheep shit to GFY, it got old a long time ago over there, I hate to see it work it's way to here

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 05:43 AM
Jace, if Rolo bothers you, he should be banned. We don't need troublemakers here.

Jace
04-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Jace, if Rolo bothers you, he should be banned. We don't need troublemakers here.
Rolo doesn't bother me, I actually quite enjoy his posts and the intelligence behind them...usually...until he starts calling people sheep and screaming baaahhh...then he just reminds me of Juicy D. Links

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 05:58 AM
cool, if he reminds you Juicy, Sleazy, Hitler, Bush once again,
I'll ask AEBN to ban him. NOTHING should give Oprano members those nightmares.

Peaches
04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
I need to resign up for winetalk. I loved that board but just as I started reading it, hell broke loose. I know I was deleted for non-participation cuz Serge sent me an email ;) Can I still have my own sign in info? :)

Timon
04-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Peaches what's taking you so long, we're all waiting for you at the Green Grove :)

Hammer
04-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to see the logic in putting an adult webmaster chat board on a mainstream website. :whistling

JoesHO
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm trying to see the logic in putting an adult webmaster chat board on a mainstream website. :whistling

Or why someone would want to make a known adultwebmaster board

suddenly become a mainstream webmaster board???? I have always been lost on this line of thinking.

but what would I know I am just waiting for the 3rd to hurry up and get here . So my foodstamps and government check come in I needto make next months virtual server bill payment before I am a full 30 days late.

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Joe,
how much
http://www.earlmiller.com/banners/468x60_4.gif
is paying Oprano for advertising?

Timon
04-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Joesho you're not joining us at the Green Grove? Serge won't ban YOU :)

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Timon, Joe is Oprano paying sponsor and I'll do ANYTHING for Joe and all Oprano sponsors.

Timon
04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Timon, Joe is Oprano paying sponsor and I'll do ANYTHING for Joe and all Oprano sponsors.

I know that's why I invited him ;)

Sammy
04-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Based on my join date and the fact that I've been married longer than some of you have been alive, I'm close to an oldie, but I support Gonzo and Bishop and I'm sure they'll be able to make this an excellent spot for webmasters if they don't have to deal with businessmen that act like kids.

Nobody knows who the fuck you are, and even more important...

No one gives a fuck either.

Hammer
04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Nobody knows who the fuck you are, and even more important...

No one gives a fuck either.
You seriously believe I care if you know who I am? I've been in this business longer than you and do quite well, thank you. The funny part is that you think I give a fuck who you are. Beat up any school kids lately?

Timon
04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Spazlabs is an oldie, he was submitting TGP galleries before they existed :clapping:

Sammy
04-21-2006, 01:49 PM
You seriously believe I care if you know who I am? I've been in this business longer than you and do quite well, thank you. The funny part is that you think I give a fuck who you are. Beat up any school kids lately?

It's obvious, you just had to tell me you don't care. hahahahahahaha

Whatever, blah blah, or is it more, bbaaaa, baaa, baa.

CDSmith
04-21-2006, 05:00 PM
In 5 years the NEW oldies will talk about this thread.

Ah, the future memories.

Trev
04-21-2006, 06:53 PM
In 5 years the NEW oldies will talk about this thread.

Ah, the future memories.
It'll be fun hearing about them reminiscing while the fries cook and the counter is slow. :)

Timon
04-21-2006, 11:06 PM
It'll be fun hearing about them reminiscing while the fries cook and the counter is slow. :)

I won't enjoy reminiscing how a guy called Jace, among others, who pimps his wife on xpeeps drove off all the old timers and ruined Oprano's business :(

adultweblist
04-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah looks like it was all a plan to run the oldies off

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=46853

Seems like Jace conspired with others to run us away.

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah looks like it was all a plan to run the oldies off

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=46853

Seems like Jace conspired with others to run us away.

http://cotac.com/Jace-AEBN-affiliate.htm

The IP Address is: 24.30.47.136. The host name is: c-24-30-47-136.hsd1.ga.comcast.net.

...and to have the balls to admit it...that's admirable.

The truth has set one boy free.

adultweblist
04-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Wonder if he will have the balls to commit perjury.

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Wonder if he will have the balls to commit perjury.

Newb from Georgia commiting perjury under oath? I never seen it....
How much you wanna bet he won't?

Timon
04-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Think he'll wear a blue suit to match his blue hair?

Sammy
04-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Idiot doesn't have the money to make it to shows, I doubt he'll be able to afford Lawyer's fees.

Winetalk.com
04-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Witnesses don't need lawyers, don't scare the poor bloke

softball
04-22-2006, 02:24 AM
This is funny. All these posts are serge.....lolololol

softball
04-22-2006, 02:26 AM
It kind of makes you wonder, over the years, how much time does serge actually put in here posting under sundry aliases. How many of the old timers here are actually serge? Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Conan
04-22-2006, 02:27 AM
Think he'll wear a blue suit to match his blue hair?

Maybe he'll cut it short, so it matches your dick.

softball
04-22-2006, 02:29 AM
conan=serge...another one.

Conan
04-22-2006, 02:45 AM

Yeah, I'm serge. Want to see my latest vacation pics? I toured your wife's pussy. I found some previously unexplored regions.

softball
04-22-2006, 02:46 AM
serge, you are an idiot.

Conan
04-22-2006, 02:47 AM
serge, you are an idiot.

serge passed out from the wine hours ago.

i'm the black serge.

softball
04-22-2006, 02:51 AM
serge passed out from the wine hours ago.

i'm the black serge.
conan=serge...another one......

CDSmith
04-22-2006, 02:52 AM
I am Spartacus.

softball
04-22-2006, 02:53 AM
I am Spartacus.
How nice for you.

CDSmith
04-22-2006, 03:17 AM
Rectical, I know one thing..... you need to find a way to chill out some.

You're wound wayy too tight for this board.

Midol.... I mean, g'nightall.

softball
04-22-2006, 03:31 AM
Rectical, I know one thing..... you need to find a way to chill out some.

You're wound wayy too tight for this board.

Midol.... I mean, g'nightall.
Not really. It is a means of relaxation.

Hammer
04-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Rhetorical, haven't you noticed that all of the nicks you are calling Serge speak perfect English? It's called a clue. I don't think you'll ever make it in the Sherlock Holmes School of Detecting.