PDA

View Full Version : Question

angiethomas
04-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Regarding linking of multiple sites owned, all hosted on the same server, but with their own ip address. I am hearing different things about whether linking up all ones sites to each other is good or bad. I am just talking about one link page on each site. for example the warning/doorway pages to have all your site banners/links on it, linking out to your other sites. I have heard that cross linking is bad, as it represents to search engines a "fake" link popularity. But then I hear if you have sites on their own ip addy and link out to each of your sites from only page per site, then its supposed to be okay?? For now to be safe, I am having each of my sites link out to one or two of my sites, rather than all of them. What is your opinion on this... is it safe to link all ones site together? Or, is it better to keep them separated for traffic rank/google rank purposes? I have a good google rank on all my sites, but alexa is something I am still building on, so just want to make sure that what I'm doing will help and not hurt things.

Any advice or suggestions you can give me would be appreciated, thank you.

Jace
04-08-2006, 01:24 AM
I can answer all those questions, but I have typed so much in the past hou, I need to eat first...can you hold tight for an hour or so while I stuff my face FFN style?