PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Blogger Site Owners

gonzo
03-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks to some of the listings/traffic yesterday we welcome several new blogger webmasters to our community.

Please introduce yourselves and tell us about your blog community.

Dianna Vesta
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks to some of the listings/traffic yesterday we welcome several new blogger webmasters to our community.

Please introduce yourselves and tell us about your blog community.

Gonzo I have a fetish community site. I would like to add a blog script. Which do you think is the best? Also is it all template driven?
I wonder if it could fit into my current php site or if I should give it space on it's own.

gonzo
04-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Gonzo I have a fetish community site. I would like to add a blog script. Which do you think is the best? Also is it all template driven?
I wonder if it could fit into my current php site or if I should give it space on it's own.

I use PHP nuke. Several others use Word Press.

A blog is an entirely different animal. I think you have to evaluate where it fits in with the rest of your portfolio as well as the existing domain.

Then there is the arguement that one is not enough.
Im sure with your contacts and knowledge base you will come to the proper conclusions when applying it to the niche.

Dianna Vesta
04-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I use PHP nuke. Several others use Word Press.

A blog is an entirely different animal. I think you have to evaluate where it fits in with the rest of your portfolio as well as the existing domain.

Then there is the arguement that one is not enough.
Im sure with your contacts and knowledge base you will come to the proper conclusions when applying it to the niche.

The site is php nuke and it has a profile and journals but I prefer something more simple. I know what you mean tho. We have a simple blog there now with use galleries but I was think about something that is more stand alone for bdsm/fetish folks.

Dianna Vesta
04-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh thank you Gonzo. Forgive my manners. I'm up past my bedtime. :(

Jace
04-06-2006, 10:53 PM
phpnuke has a blog module

gonzo
04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
No big deal. Ive found it real easy to set up. 30 minutes and Ive got a blog site. A lot of people swear by wordpress. not me

Jace
04-06-2006, 11:31 PM
No big deal. Ive found it real easy to set up. 30 minutes and Ive got a blog site. A lot of people swear by wordpress. not me
I now have cpanel with fantastico on it....I can register a domain and have wordpress installed and running in 10 minutes flat, i have it down to a science :) haha

I love phpnuke and joomla both, but they are way more than I woud ever need for promotional shit...I like the simplicity of wordpress these days

Dianna Vesta
04-07-2006, 07:54 AM
I now have cpanel with fantastico on it....I can register a domain and have wordpress installed and running in 10 minutes flat, i have it down to a science :) haha

I love phpnuke and joomla both, but they are way more than I woud ever need for promotional shit...I like the simplicity of wordpress these days

Thats what I'm thinking Jace. I had some programmers go crazy on phpnuke & will roll out an awesome community soon with personals, chat, profiles, galleries you name it. Everything is free but to access content-pics, movies, etc. you have to upgrade. OR you can go into the store and buy video and audio clips.

I was thinking about a simple wordpress blog site for bdsm'ers that was separate & on its own.