PDA

View Full Version : Help with recording audio please?

Dianna Vesta
03-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I got a new Vaio and had to upgrade my old ass version of Sound Forge. I also got a new mic. I can play a CD or file on my pc and it sounds loud and clear but when I record something and play it back its low and not loud enough.

My old PC was setup for me to record & I used a MP3 player to record and then upload. I don't want to do all this. I need clear sharp sound without any hissing. Is this possible?

Help me please?

DV

Sin
03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
I'd check out jetAudio, it has a recording function although I am not sure how well it works as I haven't tried it out myself, the other option that I used to use is Adobe Audio (looks like it's now called Adobe Audition) ..excellent program :)

Dianna Vesta
03-17-2006, 03:05 PM
I'd check out jetAudio, it has a recording function although I am not sure how well it works as I haven't tried it out myself, the other option that I used to use is Adobe Audio (looks like it's now called Adobe Audition) ..excellent program :)

Thanks Sin but I don't think its my program. I have a great pc with all these bells and whistles. I have a professional mic and great software. I'm wondering if its the mic.

I need help. I'm going to cry. :(

Dianna Vesta
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
its the fucking mic. I plugged in this peice of crap and it works fine just picks up all my mouth pops. I'm so mad. :mad:

Bishop
03-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Sound Forge is good software.. buy yourself an expensive mic it will be worth it for the sound quality. You get what you pay for when your looking at mics.. sound proof rooms also work very well but probably not practical. :-)

Sin
03-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Ahh okay, I misunderstood then lol

Jace
03-17-2006, 11:49 PM
get a shure sm58, it is the industry standard mic

i have 3 of them, you can put them through hell....I have dropped, stepped on, thrown and even gotten it wet, and they still have awesome sound and work perfectly

Dianna Vesta
03-18-2006, 07:14 AM
I bought a great mic with wind sock and all. It just sounds so low.

Bishop
03-18-2006, 08:27 AM
I bought a great mic with wind sock and all. It just sounds so low.

It may be that you have something misconfigured.. I setup Sound Forge about once a year and haul out the mics and mixers.. seems like every time I do it I have to play with the configuration in the audio software for a few hours to get the sound right. I would tell you what I do to fix it each time but I don't remember. Each time I troubleshoot, resolve, then forget.. haha

If you don't think its the mic keep playing with the settings.. odds are it won't be the mixer or the wiring.. it will be something stupid that got overlooked in the settings in Sound Forge or the operating system. It always seems to be something simple.