PDA

View Full Version : Swims With Fishes

Bishop
03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Swims With Fishes
Posts not of general interest. There's a reason boards sell advertising!
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34

If anyone sees a post they think doesn't has any value outside of self promotion, please type the following and we will relocate it just as soon as we notice.

"Swims With Fishes"

I hate feel like I'm looking at graffiti.. I spend a good deal of money every month to buy ad space and I don't expect it for free. I don't understand why anyone would. Its not that hard to network and promote a product without doing a drive by post if your not willing to pay for it.

I don't mean to be a hard ass but I plan on reading the board as well.. I don't want to see graffiti on the walls - this is not a public toilet.

TheEnforcer
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
You have my SINCERE gratitude!!!! :)

Mike AI
03-14-2006, 04:47 PM
WHAT??? You do not want any more "new blood" ??

Bishop
03-14-2006, 04:58 PM
WHAT??? You do not want any more "new blood" ??

I see it as graffiti. If they paid for it I would call it a billboard.

NY_TIM
03-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Mobbucks is swiming with the fishes... I thought it was suppose to be the other way around, Mobbucks makes people swin with the fishes.......:) :) :)

OK, i guess i deseved it.. :wnw: :wnw: :wnw:

Bishop
03-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Mobbucks is swiming with the fishes... I thought it was suppose to be the other way around, Mobbucks makes people swin with the fishes.......:) :) :)

OK, i guess i deseved it.. :wnw: :wnw: :wnw:

haha.. I figured you of all people would appreciate that.

Anthony
03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
OH Jesus fucking Ke-rist.

Nickatilynx
03-14-2006, 07:48 PM
<<<------- ( crawling out of the tar pit)

Bishop
03-14-2006, 08:38 PM
<<<------- ( crawling out of the tar pit)

I don't get it. You like the junk post on the board? I've not been around lately so obviously I may be missing some of the jokes.

I like the avatar by the way.. I had not seen that one before.. fucking funny.

uno
03-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Awww. So I can't post a super interesting, self promoting thread about the gorgeous Katie Fey going FULL NUDE and getting 3 great new tours?

Winetalk.com
03-14-2006, 09:38 PM
at it's best days Oprano was making $65,000 a month...and nobody was swimming with anybody.

Bishop
03-14-2006, 09:43 PM
at it's best days Oprano was making $65,000 a month...and nobody was swimming with anybody.

Thats alot of clams.

Winetalk.com
03-14-2006, 09:44 PM
because we "killed" people, we haven't taught them swimming
;)

Nickatilynx
03-14-2006, 09:47 PM
because we "killed" people, we haven't taught them swimming
;)

Traditionally Oprano killed newbies.

JR
03-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Traditionally Oprano killed newbies.
i think that traditionally oprano was very hard on people without a clue. i can't remember that many intelligent, well spoken people were run off.

Winetalk.com
03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
i think that traditionally oprano was very hard on people without a clue. i can't remember that many intelligent, well spoken people were run off.

Silve Mike was intelligent and was "run offed"....but even that haven't prevented oprano from collecting $7000 from him
;)

old oprano never neglected collecting the $$ before running anybody over
;)

TheEnforcer
03-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Awww. So I can't post a super interesting, self promoting thread about the gorgeous Katie Fey going FULL NUDE and getting 3 great new tours?

Talk to me and you can!! :)

Jace
03-15-2006, 05:29 AM
isn't it a normal thing for most boards to have an "announcements" section for non-advertisers?

that is basically what swims with the fishes is, right?

NY_TIM
03-15-2006, 09:20 AM
haha.. I figured you of all people would appreciate that.

INDEED :okthumb: :okthumb: :okthumb:

Bishop
03-15-2006, 10:39 AM
isn't it a normal thing for most boards to have an "announcements" section for non-advertisers?

that is basically what swims with the fishes is, right?

We may create a press release area and post formal press releases. Occasionally post will be made on the main board to let people know that the press release area has been updated. That would be a more efficent way of doing things. I'll give that some thought.

gonzo
03-15-2006, 10:41 AM
We may create a press release area and post formal press releases. Occasionally post will be made on the main board to let people know that the press release area has been updated. That would be a more efficent way of doing things. I'll give that some thought.

We have a seperate place for it which gets a ton of SE traffic already.

http://webmasters.resourceboards.com/modules.php?name=Submit_News

Bishop
03-15-2006, 10:45 AM
We have a seperate place for it which gets a ton of SE traffic already.

http://webmasters.resourceboards.com/modules.php?name=Submit_News

Not exactly what I had in mind.. we will talk about it more later. Tooo much stuff to do this week to worry with it now.