PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain what "exit traffic" is exactly

Jace
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
This sounds so freaking dumb, but I need to know what exit traffic is.....From what I can tell it is just pop ups on exiting a site, is that right?

and does it do well?

Hell Puppy
03-05-2006, 11:00 PM
This sounds so freaking dumb, but I need to know what exit traffic is.....From what I can tell it is just pop ups on exiting a site, is that right?

and does it do well?

Yeah, that's probably the most common form of exit traffic, but technically I guess anything where you capture someone leaving your tour and send them somewhere else would be "exit traffic" regardless of how you implement it.

Doesn't work as well as it did back in the day, few things do, but used smartly you can still recover some sales.

I'll share one of my long time techniques that I dont normally give away for free to anyone other than friends and family. I have a lot of success with what I'll call "wrong turn exits". Ok, if someone hits a blonde site and they exit immediately, I figure that was a "wrong turn", so I might pop exits with brunettes and redheads. If it's a teen, I might feed 'em a MILF. If she has small tits, I might offer 'em big tits.

Now in reality I'm usually filtering and offering them multiple things, but I let psychology like that dictate what dominates the page or console.

Jace
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, that's probably the most common form of exit traffic, but technically I guess anything where you capture someone leaving your tour and send them somewhere else would be "exit traffic" regardless of how you implement it.

Doesn't work as well as it did back in the day, few things do, but used smartly you can still recover some sales.

I'll share one of my long time techniques that I dont normally give away for free to anyone other than friends and family. I have a lot of success with what I'll call "wrong turn exits". Ok, if someone hits a blonde site and they exit immediately, I figure that was a "wrong turn", so I might pop exits with brunettes and redheads. If it's a teen, I might feed 'em a MILF. If she has small tits, I might offer 'em big tits.

Now in reality I'm usually filtering and offering them multiple things, but I let psychology like that dictate what dominates the page or console.

that is actually a really good idea

now, as far as presenting the people exiting, how do you go about it? Is there a full proof pop up code that people are using now?

Biggy
03-06-2006, 12:24 AM
i wont ever send to a site that does exit traffic and pop up consoles. i always choose the no console option, even if its less money. maybe thats just me...

Vick
03-06-2006, 12:44 AM
A sponsor program can pop exit consoles to other sites in the program and have the affiliate code pass through to the next site so the affiliate gets paid on all sales through the exit chain and the affiliate gets more opportunities for sales

Jace
03-06-2006, 01:09 AM
i wont ever send to a site that does exit traffic and pop up consoles. i always choose the no console option, even if its less money. maybe thats just me...

This is for the type in tour

my paysite has a type in tour and the affiliate tour...anything that comes through the affiliate tour is clean, has no traffic leaks and has no consoles

Hell Puppy
03-06-2006, 01:38 AM
This is for the type in tour

my paysite has a type in tour and the affiliate tour...anything that comes through the affiliate tour is clean, has no traffic leaks and has no consoles

Same here, no exits or bullshit on the affiliate links.

If I do add them, I'll continue to supply a non-console option.

TheEnforcer
03-06-2006, 01:42 AM
All depends on where the traffic is coming from on whther you want the exits or not IMHO.

Jace
03-06-2006, 01:49 AM
I am not even sure I want exits to be honest

I just had someone offer me a good deal and all he wanted was my exit traffic, but I really don't think i want my surfers having to deal with any of that, I know when I get popups or browser changes it pisses me off

Hell Puppy
03-06-2006, 02:42 AM
I am not even sure I want exits to be honest

I just had someone offer me a good deal and all he wanted was my exit traffic, but I really don't think i want my surfers having to deal with any of that, I know when I get popups or browser changes it pisses me off

Depends on how you use exits.

In my case, I only use exits in places where I know within reason the surfer didn't like what I had to offer and wont be back. If they turn around at your entrance or warning page....they aint buying what you're selling. So why not offer 'em something else? And if they get pissed off about the pop up or however you do it....hey, they weren't gonna buy anyway.

Join page exits have a whole different psychology. He liked enough to click join. Ok, why did he not join? Are you not immediately showing him a processing method he liked? Price point? You may wanna offer him something different without necessarily doing a pop-up full of banners or buttons.

Now one place I'll never put exits is on "sticky pages" like a girls diary/blog, etc. Let 'em keep coming by there til you finally get 'em to cave and buy.

Biggy
03-06-2006, 05:54 AM
With the exception of what Vick said above, about popping off exits to other sites in the program with an affiliate code (I honestly dont think many programs do this, or the codes mysteriously get dropped), I think exit consoles are a part of the fluff problem. As a paysite owner myself, the point is try to make surfers convert to my site. I'm a big believer that many surfers join on the return visit, so why pop off something else even if they don't join at that point of time. I believe in my sites and the fact that they should convert better than my competition. I'm not 100% against exits, I just think that programs that over-emphasize, or ones that are constantly looking for exit-trades, etc. are ones filled with a lot of fluff. They convince affiliates, etc. to send them traffic in the hope they can pawn it off to another program and they can make the sale $$$. I simply question the motives of site owners who choose to use them, some instances im sure they have the affiliates in mind, but in many other situations, i bet they only care about enriching themselves. The main issue is exit consoles should play a very minor and background role to generating sales on the existing sites, but so many times I see programs publicly emphasizing their exits, and that raises red flag in my eyes.