PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte is a nice town .

JoesHO
02-27-2006, 11:43 PM
but damn the food sucks!
Cracker Barrel kicks ass though!
Thank you AEBN for a very productive day.

Peaches
02-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Joe, how much longer are you going to be there? Here's site for some good grub - you have to dig a bit for Charlotte recommendations, but they're there. The last time I went I had the dogs and they barked every time we left the room so we ended up having room service the whole time (thankfully there just one night).

http://www.chowhound.com/south/boards/south/south.html

Here's a Brazilian place:

http://www.brazascharlotte.com/

And more:

http://cityguide.aol.com/charlotte/dining/

You guys need to figure out how to use this whole interweb thingy for looking things up ;)

Dianna Vesta
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Charlotte is a great city. If I didn’t love rural living so much that would be my choice. There are plenty of good restaurants there depending on what you like. You just went to the wrong area. My sister lives in Carmel area off Fairview – there are the Providence Shops where there are several great restaurants, one seafood and one Italian. If you’re in a hurry stop in Dean & Delucca and get great salads, breads, cheese, wine, whatever.

TheEnforcer
02-28-2006, 10:15 AM
I loved Charlotte when I visited in way back in the late 80's. Was a very beautiful town. North Carolina as a state was quite beautiful except for Jacksonville.

Dianna Vesta
02-28-2006, 10:41 AM
NC is a great state and lots of people are moving there.

mojobill
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
My sister lives just outside of Charlotte.... I'll be going there the first weekend of May for her wedding, so thanks for the food tips! ;-)

mojobill
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
My sister lives just outside of Charlotte.... I'll be going there the first weekend of May for her wedding, so thanks for the food tips! ;-)

Peaches
02-28-2006, 04:03 PM
You're welcome!

Peaches
02-28-2006, 04:03 PM
You're welcome!

;)

Stacey_JoinRightNow
03-03-2006, 05:58 AM
really guys... hopefully I could visit that place...

Jace
03-03-2006, 06:20 AM
really guys... hopefully I could visit that place...

just curious, why did you bump this?

Hell Puppy
03-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I've never had trouble finding decent food in Charlotte. I would've offered suggestions, but I figured since you were visiting locals you'd have no trouble finding good grub.

I'm just back from Seattle, I think I gained more weight than I did in Vegas. But then it's a well known fact that you can turn me loose in any town, and I'll stick my nose in the air and follow it to good vittles...

A low country boil with lots of good northwest seafood is an experience to be had....

Alaskan King Crab, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp, Lobster, Mussels, Oysters, Sausages, Corn on the cob, Potatoes and lots of other thing I'm forgetting just poured out on the middle of the table. The participants are armed only with a bib, a small hammer, small fork and a plank to beat dinner into submission with. We took 20 folks out, I think they may have to raise the crab quota this season based on the carnage...