PDA

View Full Version : Hardrive issues...

TheEnforcer
02-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Sigh.. if people have been trying to get a hold of me today I am having major issues with my work computer and hard drive and have just logged in using my gaming computer. Don't have e-mail or ICQ set up on this computer yet as until now I have only used it for gaming. Hopefully will have a friend that is a computer whiz that is able to help me get it going tomorrow or somehow transfer some the stuff over. It's been a REALLY shitty day. I hate the blue screen memory dumps. :mad:

Inabon
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
blue screen memory dumps are not necesarily harddrives.

check your memory dims replace them with fresh ones or make sure they are the speed that your motherboard and processor needs.

i had the same problem but replaced memory and problem fixed.

dims tend to go bad after time from heat.

TheEnforcer
02-24-2006, 10:50 AM
There is noise coming from my hard drive (sounds like crickets chirping and only makes sound wehen trying to boot up) so I am not hopeful it is the memory stick.. :>(( Got a techie friend coming over soemtime today to check it out.

Inabon
02-24-2006, 03:57 PM
There is noise coming from my hard drive (sounds like crickets chirping and only makes sound wehen trying to boot up) so I am not hopeful it is the memory stick.. :>(( Got a techie friend coming over soemtime today to check it out.

scratchy noise harddrive dying.

best thing to do is buy an hd and clone it.

however you will also have to download a tool to fix registry burps windows doesn't like to be cloned so a lot of shortcuts and programs forget where they are.

TheEnforcer
02-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Yikes..