PDA

View Full Version : Any publicity always good???

selena
02-14-2006, 08:31 AM
I was wondering that this morning as I read on CNN about the accused wife/baby murderer surfing AFF in the days before the deaths.

On January 16, just four days before the slayings, Entwistle visited Adult Friend Finder, a Web site that is dedicated to "assisting subscribers in finding sexual partners through Internet chat rooms, personal advertisements and other services, and that Entwistle made attempts to contact persons on that site

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/14/entwistle.documents/index.html

Do you think the adage about no such thing as bad publicity is true?

gonzo
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Its all in the spin,Gwen.

Winetalk.com
02-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I cancelled my membership after two serial killers invited me for an orgy.

Sin
02-14-2006, 10:35 AM
I think there's probably two sides to that particular thing.

I totally disagree with the individuals out there who run around saying "There's no such thing as bad publicity" as if it is the absolute gospel truth. Sure bad publicity may work in one's favor *sometimes* but I also wonder how much it would look like when stacked next to the negative effects of said bad publicity...

TheEnforcer
02-14-2006, 10:43 AM
I think there's probably two sides to that particular thing.

I totally disagree with the individuals out there who run around saying "There's no such thing as bad publicity" as if it is the absolute gospel truth. Sure bad publicity may work in one's favor *sometimes* but I also wonder how much it would look like when stacked next to the negative effects of said bad publicity...

What she said... :okthumb:

LadyMischief
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I think that anyone with half a brain will realize that AFF didn't make this man commit murder. Hell, how many people use AFF all the time and don't tell their mates? Ridiculous.

gonzo
02-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Looks like Epassporte is getting more than they bargained for...

TheEnforcer
02-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I think that anyone with half a brain will realize that AFF didn't make this man commit murder. Hell, how many people use AFF all the time and don't tell their mates? Ridiculous.

A sizeable portion fo this country doesn't have half a brain and will say that AFF DID help make him committ the murders.

BruceMiller
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm just surprised there are really real people on AFF, and not all fake or old profiles, like I usually come accross...

Sin
02-14-2006, 11:32 PM
A sizeable portion fo this country doesn't have half a brain and will say that AFF DID help make him committ the murders.

Next it will be discovered he has a goth fetish & was listening to Marilyn Manson! :o :yowsa:

bluemoney
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM
This guy was just fucked in the head.

Stacey_JoinRightNow
02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
The advantages of publicity are low cost, and credibility (particularly if the publicity is aired in between news stories like on evening TV news casts). New technologies such as weblogs, web cameras, web affiliates, and convergence (phone-camera posting of pictures and videos) to websites) are changing the cost-structure. The disadvantages are lack of control over how your releases will be used, and frustration over the low percentage of releases that are taken up by the media.

Publicity draws on several key themes including birth, love, and death. These are of particular interest because they are themes in human lives which feature heavily thoughout life. In television serials several couples have emerged during crucial ratings and important publicity times, as a way to make constant headlines. Also known as a publicity stunt, the pairings may or may not be truthful.

nastyboy
02-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Granted there is some news that you just cant spin in your favor but this could turn out to be GREAT press and $$$ for AFF.

On another note...I thought I was going to throw my bagel through the TV this morning when the Fox in the morning crew said in response to his adult /AFF surfing..." he obviously has some serious issues" Please.

Biggy
02-15-2006, 03:07 AM
depends on the publicity.. if your an affiliate program and u get publicity for shaving.. guess what - thats not good publicity.

Sin
02-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Granted there is some news that you just cant spin in your favor but this could turn out to be GREAT press and $$$ for AFF.

On another note...I thought I was going to throw my bagel through the TV this morning when the Fox in the morning crew said in response to his adult /AFF surfing..." he obviously has some serious issues" Please.

I won't deny that this could turn out to be some great press, it'd be curious to know how much their traffic has spiked after these news reports. People who haven't heard of them (Hahahahaha!) until now would be on there checking them out perhaps, and the ones who view it as "he obviously has some serious issues" are probably the prudes who would never go to a site even remotely like that one anyways.