PDA

View Full Version : I Might be Laying on a Time Bomb

gonzo
02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
ARS / JoinRightNow / Lightspeed / Jayman Cash / Arika Ames / Sweet Money ... where do all the clicks go?

I resigned up to a JoinRightNow last week to take advantage of those RSS feeds they have. I was looking at my sponsors list to realize that there are a lot of you changing ovet to cascading scripts to handle processing.

Where do all the clicks go if I have to resign up under a new account to take advantage of your new tools?

Id be interested in hearing how you track the traffic/signups since I have to resign up.

Lightspeed was pretty damn vocal about changing over the way they did business.

In the case of ARS they say they havent deleted my accout but want to talk about it over ICQ. I havent heard from them though... I told them to feel free to hit me up since my ICQ number was on file.

Its useless for me to send traffic to a program if its not being counted or the $$$'s arent being credited. So heres a chance for you program owners to participate as opposed to drop off yet another unattended press release. Dazzle me with your techno genius and customer service.

Still think this is a place for idle chit chat?

TheEnforcer
02-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Hmmm.. good question to be sure. Can a webmaster leave existing links in place and still get credit for their traffic or do they have to change everything?

selena
02-10-2006, 12:01 PM
In regards to JaYMan Cash's switch from CCBill to NATS:

All old links still work. They go to the old tour, and are credited under CCBill.

All NATS links go to the new tour, and are credited via NATS.

Same thing as when we acquired marketing rights to Kat Vixen (http://join.katvixen.com/track/OTozOjc/), which was an existing program. Because the principles involved are affiliates themselves, they wanted to keep things easy. So all Kat's old links still work. Affiliates that had been promoting her prior to the change were not required to go switch everything out.

~takes off affiliate manager hat~

As an affiliate, the only difference for me has been that some of my Raven stuff is paid via CCBill. Everything else is paid directly from JayMan Cash, and is tracked via NATS.

:)

gonzo
02-10-2006, 12:09 PM

All old links still work. They go to the old tour, and are credited under CCBill.

Same thing as when we acquired marketing rights to Kat Vixen (http://join.katvixen.com/track/OTozOjc/), which was an existing program. Because the principles involved are affiliates themselves, they wanted to keep things easy. So all Kat's old links still work. Affiliates that had been promoting her prior to the change were not required to go switch everything out.

As an affiliate, the only difference for me has been that some of my Raven stuff is paid via CCBill. Everything else is paid directly from JayMan Cash, and is tracked via NATS.

Hats off for Jayman Cash stepping up with a concise and logical answer for their program. Love the RSS feed!

TheEnforcer
02-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for coming over and inmforming the webmasters selena. I'm sure they appreciate it. Hats off to you and Jayman. :)

Trish
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
With ArikaAmes.com, it's pretty much the same thing with what Jaymancash did. All the CCBill linking codes still work and are being tracked properly and sales are still being credited. The only difference pretty much is CCBill is sending out those affiliates checks and the people who signed up for the nats program are receiving checks from me.
I remember when I first switched over to NATS and was trying to get everyone to sign up to the NATS program instead of CCBill. But really it made no difference, except having access to the add material. Most affiliates who signed up with CCBill pretty much stayed with their CCbill linking codes.

gonzo
02-10-2006, 01:19 PM
With ArikaAmes.com, it's pretty much the same thing with what Jaymancash did. All the CCBill linking codes still work and are being tracked properly and sales are still being credited. The only difference pretty much is CCBill is sending out those affiliates checks and the people who signed up for the nats program are receiving checks from me.
I remember when I first switched over to NATS and was trying to get everyone to sign up to the NATS program instead of CCBill. But really it made no difference, except having access to the add material. Most affiliates who signed up with CCBill pretty much stayed with their CCbill linking codes.

I believe you answered this for me in San Diego as well. Welcome on here incognito.

Trish
02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I believe you answered this for me in San Diego as well. Welcome on here incognito.

Yea now that you say that, I think I remember.
And thank you. I've been lurking here a little anyway, then my boardtracker when off...lol, so figured I'd post :)

Peaches
02-10-2006, 01:26 PM
See, it's not "Tracy" ;) But you were close - much better than I can usually remember :)

NY_TIM
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM

You finally decided to show up huh? Are you following me :waving: :waving: :waving:

gonzo
02-10-2006, 01:48 PM
See, it's not "Tracy" ;) But you were close - much better than I can usually remember :)

I suppose you want a Donald Duck donut now for being right?

Trish
02-10-2006, 02:04 PM
You finally decided to show up huh? Are you following me :waving: :waving: :waving:

:waving: Hello Timmy!

Peaches
02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I suppose you want a Donald Duck donut now for being right?
:whistling

(I do want one of those heart shaped ones from KK though - what time do they close? I need to start going BEFORE bfast I think........)

nastyboy
02-10-2006, 03:05 PM

Yup we did the same thing at XclusiveCash regarding BrandiLove and Dirty Daisy.

NY_TIM
02-10-2006, 03:10 PM
:whistling

(I do want one of those heart shaped ones from KK though - what time do they close? I need to start going BEFORE bfast I think........)

Choc frosted for me, no sprinkles please...

JoesHO
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Cream filled is the only way to go !

selena
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks for coming over and inmforming the webmasters selena. I'm sure they appreciate it. Hats off to you and Jayman. :)

My pleasure. :) I just happened to be in the neighborhood anyhow.

Someday I will break down and figure out what I have done to make board tracker not work. ;)

Hell Puppy
02-11-2006, 12:26 AM
In most cases there is not a easy way to convert people over if you're going from a system where you cant control the entry point to a new system.

Going from a CCBill affiliate program to one such as NATS or MPA is a good example. Those clicks hit CCBill first, then get redirected. There's no practical way to pick out that traffic and redirect it to the new tracking system with affiliate tracking info intact and translated.

The most honest approach you can do is disclose that the change is coming well in advance and/or run both in parallel for a while.

That's what we've done on sites we've converted from CCBill over to Fat Fucking Cash. The old links to CCBill still work. On some of the sites we've emailed the webmasters to tell 'em it'll go away in 90 days, but we're well past 90 days in those casea and I still haven't turned it off. They dont get benefit of new tours and such, but if those links are still out there and generating traffic, I'll pay for it as long as I can stand it.

I'll continue to encourage them to move over, but in reality will probably keep it around until it becomes impractical not to.

Ultimately though if a sponsor has told you to change links, and they've given you a fair amount of time to get around to it, it's ultimately up to the webmaster to go do it. Yeah, it's a pain, but in the case of a sponsor adding cascading billing, it'll be worth the effort as you'll see more sales.