PDA

View Full Version : damn it.. my TIVo fucked up somehow.

TheEnforcer
02-07-2006, 10:42 PM
And I missed 24 last night. If a network does one of thsoe one or two minute overlaps into the next hour does it not tape one of the shows that was supposed to start at that time?

VooMan
02-07-2006, 11:31 PM
It's supposed to start recording at the start time of the show. If a sporting event or some other show goes long, it still starts recording when it's supposed to...

Where is 24 on your list in the season pass manager? Is it your number 1 show, or is it down the list of preferences? If you were recording something else that was higher on the list, you may have bumped 24. I had a couple of times where something like that happened. I would add a new show to my season pass manager and it would automatically become my #1 show until I moved it down the list.

Hope that helps... :(

TheEnforcer
02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
For some reason I never use the season pass manager. Since I'm home all the time I just go in and select what I want to record for that night. Usually the same stuff every week but soemtimes different. I had two one hour blocks recorded at 7-8 pm central. Surface on NBC and King Of Queens/How I Met Your Mother (an extremely good comedy BTW) on CBS and then at 8 it was all set to record 24 on Fox and WWE Raw on USA and it didn't record 24 but did record Raw. :mad:

TheEnforcer
02-08-2006, 11:21 AM
What's most annoying about is is WHICH show got missed as 24 is really a show where you don't want to miss an episode of at all. :(

justb
02-08-2006, 02:25 PM
www.tvgasm.com has good recaps

VooMan
02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
TE,

That's why you should use the season pass manager. When you rank the shows according to their importance that kind of thing won't happen. I would be a homicidal maniac if I missed one minute of 24, let alone one episode. :headwall::headwall:

On another note, did anyone see the Shield last night? Vick has more than nine lives... that was brilliant. :D

Peaches
02-08-2006, 03:00 PM
On another note, did anyone see the Shield last night? Vick has more than nine lives... that was brilliant. :D
LOVED IT! And that's all I'll say for those who may not have watched it yet :) :) :)

TheEnforcer
02-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Hmmm I guess I should start using that function then eh?

VooMan
02-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, TE, you need to set up season passes. I never have a clue when shows are coming on, but TiVo takes care of it... it's the only way to fly.

Peaches, that was cool as hell. I love the Sheild...

Peaches
02-15-2006, 09:59 PM
OK, mine just did this last night for The Shield and tonight for Lost. I know I checked on both and they were both scheduled and nothing else was recording to knock them off. I am not pleased with Tivo today!!!!

TheEnforcer
02-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh shit.. I hope it recorded Lost for me last night... Someone told me that Time Warner is going to be ungrading the DVR's in a couple months so that you can record up to 5 shows at a time so you don't run into conflicts