PDA

View Full Version : Record Keeping Business Idea

Dianna Vesta
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I was looking to rent office space away from my farm/home to keep my records. I’ve worked from home for so long but now with the compliances I really didn’t want my home address and phone number posted on the web. I looked for office suites that offered receptionist, mail forwarding, storage, conference room and other various office services. Here in the states this ranges from 150.00 to 300.00 a month. Overseas it varies. I’m sure that larger metro areas fetch a pretty penny.

Anyhow, I was thinking that this is a great business. At least I think so.

A company that provided record keeping, reception and mail forwarding to adult webmasters who worked at home or did not have an office. When you purchase or produce content you fedex the records to your virtual office. You have your own file system that is maintained by a receptionist that also answers your line or can also check your voice messages and email them to you. Anytime you need your records she sends them wherever you are. She forwards your mail to you as often as you need it. She actually becomes a custodian, so to speak. If anyone comes knocking at the door she has the records right there under lock and key.

I would subscribe to a service like this. Would you?

I might do this and offset some cost. When shes not answering the phone and filing I can have her doing other things.

DV

DrGuile
02-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Makes sense to me.

You do it in a State with good tax laws and you can combine it with corporations registration services...

Dianna Vesta
02-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Makes sense to me.

You do it in a State with good tax laws and you can combine it with corporations registration services...

Exactly. There are some offshore people doing some things like this but it's expensive. I might have to go open an office in Costa Rica!

So maybe someone can tell me why there are so many adult companies in NC? What are the laws and taxes like? I can be over the line and in NC in 10 minutes. Maybe I'll pen an office there.