PDA

View Full Version : I need some music advice

jbrasco951
02-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Ok, as some of you may know. I'm the person involved with YNOT Radio. If not, hello, my name is Johnny Brasco and I run the adult webmaster radio station that is YNOT Radio. Today, I changed the station's music format from the strip club sound (hip-hop, pop, rock and dance that you hear from the strip clubs) to classic rock and today's modern alternative rock . I'm changing the music after receiving lukewarm feedback from the listeners that do not like rap or dance. I want to make the music on the radio station something that all of you would want to hear all of the time.

Now I know I can never satisify everybody's musical taste, but I need to build up a new rock music library, so I need your help finding what classic rock and modern rock songs you want to hear on the radio so I can give all of you some awesome music to hear all day and night when there are no talk shows on the air.

Thanks for posting and I'd really appreciate all your help.

gonzo
02-02-2006, 12:16 AM
DJ Jace has it down. Maybe you can pay him a consulting fee... he is a "feed guru" of sorts.

Jace
02-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Time Life Presents Classic Rock Ultimate Collection 8 cd set

http://tz.searching.com/torrent_194830.html

:)

for more - http://tz.searching.com/search_classic-rock

bluemoney
02-02-2006, 08:14 AM
How about mixing in some adult comedy as well. Classic Cheech & Chong, George Carlin, Richard Pryor along with some of the contemporary comics like Dave Chappell (probably spelled that wrong)

Anyway, just an idea :)

Dianna Vesta
02-02-2006, 08:34 AM
How about mixing in some adult comedy as well. Classic Cheech & Chong, George Carlin, Richard Pryor along with some of the contemporary comics like Dave Chappell (probably spelled that wrong)

Anyway, just an idea :)

It's a great idea.

I think that having a different format depending on the time of day. In the morning I like talk radio, afternoons some jazz while I'm working, later some classic rock.

I liked Jaces jazz mix for weekends.

TheLegacy
02-02-2006, 10:41 AM
awesome advice and stuff here - ynotradio is doing an awesome job. classic rock, jazz and comedy are sure winners in anyones books .. especially for advertisers who want more people listening. Keep the buffering down and music for full volume quality.

YNOTBob
02-02-2006, 12:08 PM
is Wham classic, or Pop?

whatever it is, please make sure its in the recycle file

:)

TheEnforcer
02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Hahahaha.. good one Bob.

Stuff I'd suggest from classic to more recent stuff..

Rolling Stones
The Doors
REM
U2
Bob marley
Reo Spepedwagon
Pink Floyd
The Eagles
Paul Simon
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Crash test Dummies
Cat Stevens
Jimmy Buffet
Eric Clapton
Simon and Garfunkel
Elton john

I could go on and on.. but that's a bit to get you started :>))

TheLegacy
02-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Hahahaha.. good one Bob.

Stuff I'd suggest from classic to more recent stuff..

Rolling Stones
The Doors
REM
U2
Bob marley
Reo Spepedwagon
Pink Floyd
The Eagles
Paul Simon
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Crash test Dummies
Cat Stevens
Jimmy Buffet
Eric Clapton
Simon and Garfunkel
Elton john

I could go on and on.. but that's a bit to get you started :>))

awesome list - and I agree to hard of rock music / metal gets annoying after a while and doesnt help when your working

TheEnforcer
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Thank you sir :)

TheLegacy
02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Thank you sir :)

so judging by your avatar.. your a battlestar fan?? :wnw: