PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand- How long does it take?

Dianna Vesta
02-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to New Zealand from US? Also, has anyone done business there?

Thanks,
Dianna

Winetalk.com
02-01-2006, 09:07 AM
what kind of business?
Do you need Meat's ICQ?
he is "kiwi"
:)

Dianna Vesta
02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
what kind of business?
Do you need Meat's ICQ?
he is "kiwi"
:)

I was just over-all curious. Why did I think Meat was in London?

If they elect another REP next term I'm leaving. I know I said that when they elected Bush the second term but now I'm serious. I also worry about censorship. Long term they may not win but I've seen this type of witch hunt before and it's a war before it settles.

I don't know why but there is something about NZ that interest me. I've only seen pictures. I'm going to travel there this year sometime. I also want to go down to Costa Rica but rapidly the property is increasing.

Lisa
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
11 hours from LA to Auckland.

Then 3.5 more to Australia. :)

Dianna Vesta
02-01-2006, 03:57 PM
11 hours from LA to Auckland.

Then 3.5 more to Australia. :)

Thanks Lisa. well I'm on the East Coast. Do they fly you back West to LA then on to Australia?

I've never been beyond London.

Lisa
02-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Yep you will book a flight from wherever you are, to LA, then on to Auckland.

Winetalk.com
02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
DV,
what you are afraid of is already happeneing in...France:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/france/story/0,11882,1649377,00.html

SykkBoy
02-01-2006, 04:09 PM
DV,
what you are afraid of is already happeneing in...France:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/france/story/0,11882,1649377,00.html

a french rapper?

I wonder if french rappers do drive by attitude pullings?

YNOTBob
02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Meat is in London
and I had the pleasure of hitch-hiking from the tip of the North Island to the end of the South Island, and i gotta tell you...New Zealand is probably one of the most beautiful countries in the world...people are outstanding as well.

Jace
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
New Zealand is a three and a half hour flight from Eastern Australia and around a 10 hour flight from most places on the Pacific Rim, such as Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo.

Jace
02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
best thing to do, is go through the ticketing process without checking out and see what the flights tables say

Jace
02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
shit, nevermind, just found this

Honolulu
Hours from New Zealand 8 hours 40 minutes

Los Angeles
Hours from New Zealand 11 hours 55 minutes

Rarotonga
Hours from New Zealand 3 hours 50 minutes

Singapore
Hours from New Zealand 11 hours

Sydney
Hours from New Zealand 3 hours 30 minutes

Tahiti
Hours from New Zealand 5 hours

Lisa
02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Jace, I've done the flight several times. :)

To fly from Brisbane to the States, you have to fly either via Sydney or via Auckland, so depending on what is available, I've done both. :)

Hell Puppy
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
It's a long ass flight, and it'll wreak havoc on your body clock to boot.

From the east coast you start your day by flying to L.A. That alone is enough flying for me for one day. But oh, you're just getting started! Now you sit your ass in a seat for another 12 hours or so to get to NZ. And until you hit the south pacific, if you look out the window, you see....water...nothing but water.

Stay at least 2 weeks or you'll leave just about the time your body is finally getting over the jet lag and get it again on the east bound flight back home.

Beautiful country though.

Lisa
02-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I've never had a problem flying from AU to the US, or vice versa, not with jetlag anyway.

Tho I do sleep well on planes. I find most flights get you to your destination early in the morning local time, so if you've slept on the plane you wake up, it's morning, and you're good to go till bedtime. :)

Peaches
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I was just looking at my FF points - hopefully by the end of the year I'll have enough for a business class ticket to NZ! RichC went last year and had the most gorgeous pics. I'm having him set up my intinery :)

Edit: Lisa, you and CJ should come and join me :)

Hell Puppy
02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
I've never had a problem flying from AU to the US, or vice versa, not with jetlag anyway.

Tho I do sleep well on planes. I find most flights get you to your destination early in the morning local time, so if you've slept on the plane you wake up, it's morning, and you're good to go till bedtime. :)

I normally do not get jetlagged as my sleep habits aren't exactly normal to start with.

However, that flight from Atlanta to Sydney is a killer even for me.

When I did it last, i left Atlanta late morning. Get to LA early afternoon. Lay over til early evening. Then do the LA to Sydney leg. Land in Sydney and it's morning local time.

Here's the problem... At the time I did it last I couldn't sleep in a airplane seat at all. As I've gotten older, if I'm tired I can now catnap at least. The thing is, I've yet to find an airline seat that is designed for a full grown man. And no width of ass isn't the problem...or at least not the main problem. The problem is those damned shoulder rests that they put at the top of the seats. Whose bright idea was it to make the top of the seat jut out and catch you right between the shoulder blades? Who finds that comfortable?

So anyhow, I land in Sydney, I've had no sleep and it's morning. Go to bed then, and I'm screwed. So I had to zombie my way around til dark, then crashed for 12 and was on a "normal" schedule.

I'd love to do an Aussie/New Zealand tour, but I wont do it until i can take a few weeks off and see lots of places and spend lots of time down under for the effort of aking that flight.

Lisa
02-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I guess I'm lucky I can curl my feet up under me and sleep...definite advantages to being short. :)

I take lots of steps to help ensure good sleep tho. I pack leggings and a long sleeve t-shirt (keeps the arms warm if I lose the blanket...the aircon can be a bitch). After they serve dinner, I go to the bathroom, clean my teeth, change into my 'pj's', and 'go to bed'. On the flight to the US I take sleeping tablets, but cos coming home it's usually after internext, I sleep for about 11 hours with no problems...lol.

When I wake up and they serve breakfast, I head to the bathroom, 'shower' by using baby wipes all over, and get dressed again (same jeans, clean undies and shirt). Clean my teeth, redo my hair, and I'm good to go. :)

I'm sure part of the reason I sleep so well is that I talk myself into it...the mind can be useful at times. :)

Peaches
02-01-2006, 11:42 PM
As I've gotten older, if I'm tired I can now catnap at least.
You can "catnap" on a plane well enough to snore........ :zzz:

Hell Puppy
02-02-2006, 12:48 AM
You can "catnap" on a plane well enough to snore........ :zzz:

Consider yourself lucky if that's the only end air is escaping from....

Dianna Vesta
02-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Every time I see pictures it makes me want to hop on a plane. I know a couple of women that live there. Anyone I've met from there seem very cool and laid back.

I wonder what it would take to actually live there. I read that I would have to put my dogs, all 4 of them in quarentine for a few months and it's costly. I would hate the thought of doing this to them not to mention the long ass flight. I hate even flying to the LA or London.

I guess taking a boat would be out of the question. lol