PDA

View Full Version : Carrie, you are right. I am an asshole. Julie thinks so too!

JR
01-24-2006, 04:05 AM
----- Original Message -----
To: xxx
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 8:54 PM

Hi, I saw your advertisement on Craig's List and I cannot imagine any professional writer working for 12 cents per word. Most writers are fond of eating and paying the rent. Outrageous!

Julie

To: Julie XXX

So why take the time to reply to me? I get replies all day long from well qualified, published writers... so it would seem your "outrage" is a little misplaced. I do not determine what people will work for. They do. The market does.

To: Mark
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 9:50 PM

Go ahead. Exploit people. I'm sure you vote the straight Republican ticket and enjoy the thought of Walmart. No more email. I'm done.

To: Julie XXX

Although both Chairman Mao and myself, can certainly appreciate your passion for communism, let us remember that it did in fact fail as a viable economic system. The sooner you accept that and realize that gainful employment is not a birthright, you might just find yourself moving forward in life. Upon actually finding a job, you might even find yourself too busy to banter back and forth with complete strangers on the Internet over issues that do not concern you.

At the end of the day, you get paid what you are worth. No more, no less. That is business. Although the perfect utopia that you live in might be a place that does not have expenses, costs and overhead, taxes and kittens never die... in the terrible and oppressive capitalist pig system where I live, we have all those nasty things to deal with. And it is with deep regret that I inform you that it does not matter if you vote Democrat or not.

Further, I find it odd that you are so concerned with welfare and wellbeing of freelance writers while apparently not being able to read and comprehend basic English well, which I now assume (albeit with some dismay) is your native language. It would be cowardly to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, so let me assist you in sifting through the clutter by posting the relevant quote to our discussion below so that you might actually have a chance at understanding what was written. Since it would be a little much for you to make the quantum leap in our little discussion of free market economics to basic reading comprehension for adults, I will help you a little. Please break it down word by word, take your time, sound it out, read it slowly - feel free to use a dictionary should you find yourself stuck on any big words.

"From $0.12 per word and up depending on the qualifications and prior experience of the writer."

I wish you the best of luck and I will contact you next wednesday to check your progress.

Winetalk.com
01-24-2006, 04:10 AM
Classic! :okthumb:

My I re-post on WT the last responce?

JR
01-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Classic! :okthumb:

My I re-post on WT the last responce?
of course :)

Winetalk.com
01-24-2006, 04:33 AM
done!

Do you have plans for the FOOD column in your magazine?

JR
01-24-2006, 04:44 AM
done!

Do you have plans for the FOOD column in your magazine?

yes, its main focus is on general health and wellness, fitness and exercise, nutrition and healthy eating, weight loss etc. for women, assuming carrie approves. i can send you the draft of the media kit if you wish. the pdf file is 10mb. we are still pushing for feb 15 for first issue. its been a lot of fun so far. i love challenges and problem solving. hopefully it will help people as well. i mean i have been technically helping people for quite a while online, but in a really perverse and weird kind of way. now i want to help people in a way that i can actually admit to when i meet people :)

maybe we can do "Wine for Women" :)

Mike AI
01-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Funny stuff!

Peaches
01-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Explain to her. People who write like this. Deserve less than 12 cents. A word.

Great response, btw :)

TheEnforcer
01-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Hahahah.. good one JR! :)