PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the liberals going to run to now?

Mike AI
01-23-2006, 12:08 AM
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060121/1/3y2rn.html

First Germany, now Canada?

Oh my. The conspiracy is getting deeper!

:scratchin

IFRvideo
01-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Mike,

I really have tried to interface with Germans and Canadians.

I have been partially successful with the Germans.

:okthumb:

JoesHO
01-23-2006, 12:16 AM
no need for us to run, we are gonna run the criminals out of office soon and things will be back right again .

Winetalk.com
01-23-2006, 06:02 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41232000/jpg/_41232676_manap220.jpg
Antarctica is lovely this time of the year...

Mike AI
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
no need for us to run, we are gonna run the criminals out of office soon and things will be back right again .

I heard same thing for in 2004....

HAHAHA

LadyMischief
01-23-2006, 09:48 AM
I plan to vote liberal this year (today in fact) but only because I don't want that fucking Harper creep in government. Just what we need, George Dubya Jr. with his steaming brown nose reversing all the progress Canada has made on issues like same-sex marriage, swingers clubs, abortion, etc.

Mike AI
01-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I plan to vote liberal this year (today in fact) but only because I don't want that fucking Harper creep in government. Just what we need, George Dubya Jr. with his steaming brown nose reversing all the progress Canada has made on issues like same-sex marriage, swingers clubs, abortion, etc.

You Canadians can choose whoever you want. It would be ironic if the Conservative candidate wins though.

LadyMischief
01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
You Canadians can choose whoever you want. It would be ironic if the Conservative candidate wins though.

Yeah... I'm just hoping that if he DOES win, it will be a minority goverment, so it will be more difficult for him to run rampant. Harper has already made it QUITE clear that in a majority government situation, he would pretty much ignore anyone else's opinions/ideas.

LadyMischief
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM
This will actually be my first year voting.. WHat it taking me to the polls? The same thing that is going to be taking a lot of first-timers from my generation in today.. we LIKE the fact that we don't have to worry too much about what the government is doing, it's the same old same old.. lol Seems like the lazy thing to do, but we've had the same government for what, 14 years now? And silly scandals aside, they do a pretty damn good job, they stay out of our bedrooms, our business, etc, and do what they're there to do.

NickPapageorgio
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Dunno about anyone else, but I am moving to Iran where things are fair and balanced and their is less dictatorship. :waving:

spazlabz
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Dunno about anyone else, but I am moving to Iran where things are fair and balanced and their is less dictatorship. :waving::yowsa:
less dictatorship!! thats funny

spaz

spazlabz
01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
This will actually be my first year voting.. WHat it taking me to the polls? The same thing that is going to be taking a lot of first-timers from my generation in today.. we LIKE the fact that we don't have to worry too much about what the government is doing, it's the same old same old.. lol Seems like the lazy thing to do, but we've had the same government for what, 14 years now? And silly scandals aside, they do a pretty damn good job, they stay out of our bedrooms, our business, etc, and do what they're there to do.
Congrats on getting involved LM. its an important thing your doing. Voting. It doesnt matter really which side someone votes for, as long as they vote. I voted my first time for GB sr and have voted in every major election since in the US. Feels good to exercise that freedom

spaz

Mike AI
01-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Dunno about anyone else, but I am moving to Iran where things are fair and balanced and their is less dictatorship. :waving:

I will start a collection for a one way ticket!

JoesHO
01-23-2006, 11:28 AM

We could always move to a more liberal state like florida, and become hypocrites.

hey that is the answear, I will start an elctoral college drive to move mass amounts of liberals into florida and close the polls early in all the white communities ? think that will work ?

NickPapageorgio
01-23-2006, 02:12 PM

I don't need no charity hoss...but thanks ;)

I hear they are working on a new, state-of-the-art power grid down there too. :yowsa:

Iran...by the people...for the people...fair and balanced.

NickPapageorgio
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
We could always move to a more liberal state like florida, and become hypocrites.

hey that is the answear, I will start an elctoral college drive to move mass amounts of liberals into florida and close the polls early in all the white communities ? think that will work ?

No need for all that. Offer free crack cocaine on one corner and $0.99 early bird senior citizen dinner specials on the other and you'll keep 99% of Florida's voting aged populus so busy, the polls will take care of themselves. :whistling

Carrie
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
On the third and fourth corners have free calling cards to mexico and a dance club with an open bar. Then truly everyone will be busy.

Vick
01-24-2006, 02:46 AM
If you vote you have no right to complain

If the person/party you vote for wins then you got what you wanted and have no right to complain

If the person/party you vote for doesn't win then you have did not work hard enough for your choice to win so you have no right to complain

Part of why I never vote
That and there has never been a candidate in my lifetime worthy of my vote

Carrie
01-24-2006, 02:55 AM
There it is folks, the ultimate cop-out.

JoesHO
01-24-2006, 10:11 AM
There it is folks, the ultimate cop-out.

Less than 50% of this FREE country exercise The right to vote!

Why ios that? and what does that say about our society? are we doing good in education ? are we a lazy breed? is it our parents fault?

spazlabz
01-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Less than 50% of this FREE country exercise The right to vote!

Why ios that? and what does that say about our society? are we doing good in education ? are we a lazy breed? is it our parents fault?
who it is and what it says about our society is that we are either too lazy, too self involved or too cynical to believe that our one vote can make any difference at all.
Yes we can be a very lazy breed, sometimes too lazy to actually think about the broader issues involved in the political process. GWB was elected because of 2 issues. gay marriage and the war... people were far to lazy to look past those issues.
Is it our parent fault? I don't believe it is. But how the next generation grows up and what they do WILL be our fault.
and of course we are behind in education, and there are a lot of factors that have led us there.
I am not a true liberal, a lot of what liberals (or the new catch label 'progressives') believe i think is a bunch of bullshit. but I will be unemployed soon probably so it doesnt matter what i think :)

spaz

spazlabz
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
but I will be unemployed soon probably so it doesnt matter what i think :)

i was kidding there people:yowsa:

i hope:scratchin

spaz

Sin
01-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Hmmm..

I didn't vote, because watching the campaigns left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Liberals -- They have some good policies yes, but there's the scandal and myself (along with another LARGE portion of Canadians I'd imagine) can't forget that while Martin may have been exonerated in the Gomery report, there still remains the unanswered question of "How is it that the Federal Minister of Finance had no idea what was going on with the Federal Finances?????" There's just something *wrong* with that. In the end it would have likely been enough to get me to vote Conservative because as much as I agree with the Liberals policies, I simply cannot get past that point. Paul Martin did a good job in the last "year" (I'll give him a year) as far as fulfilling his promises went IMO. In fact, he did such a notable job of it that I think he's gotta be one of the only PM's to deliver much of what was promised. However on the same note, how much of that behavior was due to the heat that the Liberals were under anyways as a result of the Sponsorship scandal????

Conservatives... living in BC I am at a point where the BC Liberals (who ironically enough aren't even acknowledged by the Federal Liberals) have just... done too much. (pretty much none of it good) I seriously don't like Stephen Harper and much of what he said in his campaign, however if he can do for Canada what Ralph Klein has done with Alberta (and Klein is Conservative as well) then good.

NDP -- It's going to be interesting to see how they handle their seats in Parliament. Really interesting. I'm used to the NDP being "The party that has their seats loyalty bought out" and this campaign they seemed to actually take the opportunity to create ... I don't know, an independent party identity if you will? Less wiffle waffle, more of their own views and hopefully we'll see less "buying out" of them in the future. They did an excellent job in campaigning in BC (I wonder how much of it is influenced by the BC Liberals bullshit & the association of "liberals/bullshit" that now exists) ...and came in 2nd to the Conservatives in this province as well. Something that astonished everybody it would seem, considering how badly they crashed & burned about 12 years ago.

Going by this country's historical pattern, the Federal Liberals seem to go through "chunks" of about 12-15 years of power, and then there's a "blip" of another party getting power. Going by the average over the years since Confederation, the length of time the Liberals have been in power, its definitely right on time for the 'blip' and here we are with the Conservatives in power.

It was also so close overall that chances are good that if the Conservatives don't handle things right, then they'll find themselves in the same boat the Liberals did, ousted with a vote of non-confidence, and we'll have another election in a year or two anyways.