View Full Version : I Swear women control everything

TheEnforcer
01-21-2006, 12:35 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/business/20060120-103704-9932r.htm

Does it pass the wife check?
By Jen Haberkorn
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
January 21, 2006

Eyeing an intricate DVD player or clunky home theater speakers? Better check with your spouse first.
The idea of checking with a mate before purchasing a big-ticket item may not be a new idea, but its name, spouse acceptance factor -- usually called wife acceptance factor for the greater number of men interested in electronics -- is building steam among technology gurus and electronics manufacturers.
Women control 88 percent of electronics purchases, whether they make the purchase or influence what their spouse buys, according to research by the Consumer Electronics Association. Whether an item passes the wife acceptance factor, or WAF, typically depends on price, design and complexity.
Steve Makofsky, a software engineer and self-described techie, said the WAF is growing among his techie cohort.
"I'm hearing it more and more, especially with friends who are married and trying some more of the out-there electronics," said Mr. Makofsky, of Sammamish, Wash. "It drives what you're purchasing."
He felt the ramifications of the WAF when he installed a home theater television in his and his wife's bedroom.
"I went to turn on the TV and he said, 'not that remote. We have to boot it up first,'?" said his wife, Liz. "You have to be kidding me that we have to boot up the TV in the bedroom."
The system was removed and they agreed to limit the extensive electronics to his home theater room and office, they said.

======================

It's a two page article but it talks about how some companies are designing things around men having to submit to the approval of their wives for things!! :scratchin :huh:

spazlabz
01-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Thats funny because it is true. I bought a CD today (like $12 seriously) and I asked if it was ok or not
I am well conditioned :)

spaz

TheEnforcer
01-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Hahahaha.. oh man.., that's just nuts.

spazlabz
01-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Hahahaha.. oh man.., that's just nuts.
Oh no man, what is nuts is that I asked for like 3 weeks to get this http://www.areyougame.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=PR3205 before she finally relented and let me have it LOL
I beg you to please not ask why I wanted it heh heh

spaz

Peaches
01-21-2006, 01:52 PM
I have never told a man how to spend HIS money and expect the same ;)

JR
01-21-2006, 02:04 PM
women control spending decisions in 80% of US households. they spent trillions last year (almost 4 i believe). they directly control 1/2 of the nations wealth in the USA and it is estimated they will control over 60% in 5 years. their influence on the economy and household spending in the US cannot be overstated. its not an accident that our magazine targets women. :)

spazlabz
01-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I have never told a man how to spend HIS money and expect the same ;)
my wife and I have never had HIS money or HER money... it has always been the HOUSEHOLDs money.......and she controls it
i can get carried away from time to time :D

spaz

Peaches
01-21-2006, 02:08 PM
my wife and I have never had HIS money or HER money... it has always been the HOUSEHOLDs money.......and she controls it
i can get carried away from time to time :D

spaz
Well true, when I was married what he made was mine and what I made was mine ;) But when I stopped working and if he wanted to buy something I thought was silly, I'd tell him I thought it was silly and drop it at that. I figured if he was working hard all day earning the cash, he could spend it on something silly if he wanted to :)

spazlabz
01-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Well true, when I was married what he made was mine and what I made was mine ;) But when I stopped working and if he wanted to buy something I thought was silly, I'd tell him I thought it was silly and drop it at that. I figured if he was working hard all day earning the cash, he could spend it on something silly if he wanted to :)
yup, thats pretty much how it is here except that when i want something silly i do ask (i guess i dont have to but i do) and she has never actually said no, she'll just say not right now. If i want it bad enough and had a chance for the 'thats neat' thing to wear off, she'll say lets get it.
here is an example.
I get a catalog from us plastics... i flip through that catalog and find easily thousands of things i just HAVE to have, everything from square plastic medicine bottles to 10500 gallon tanks (you know, for my own little gas station at the end of the driveway)... so generally she puts the stop sign up so i can calm down and catch my breathe before driving us straight to the poorhouse LOL

spaz

TheEnforcer
01-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh no man, what is nuts is that I asked for like 3 weeks to get this http://www.areyougame.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=PR3205 before she finally relented and let me have it LOL
I beg you to please not ask why I wanted it heh heh

spaz

Hahahahaha.. no, no, no, no, no. sorry I can't do that.. :) Soemthing like that is just WAYYYYY too tempting so I just gotta ask why you wanted that? I can understand playing bingo at a tribal bingo parlor as I used to do that quite a bit myself years ago but never once have I thought of geting my own bingo set. :blink:

spazlabz
01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Hahahahaha.. no, no, no, no, no. sorry I can't do that.. :) Soemthing like that is just WAYYYYY too tempting so I just gotta ask why you wanted that? I can understand playing bingo at a tribal bingo parlor as I used to do that quite a bit myself years ago but never once have I thought of geting my own bingo set. :blink:
all i can say is...... I have no interest in bingo in any manner heh heh

now, let your mind wander dude!

spaz

ok ok, we play the lottery and doing the random numbers is kinda boring, I thought that would be a neat way to let the kids pick the numbers each week heh heh

Vick
01-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Um ... women control exactly what you let them control

Deny a women dick a few times and see who's on top

Sin
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
This is an ...interesting thread.

I'm a bit of a control freak; when it comes to me. I dislike the idea of anybody having any kind of control over me & what's mine, and I value my ability to maintain control enough that I do not exert control over others if I can help it. I don't want to rob someone of something I prize so highly with myself. Just seems... normal, to me I guess. (I guess according to this thread it isn't that normal at all)

mojobill
01-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Women control half the money.. and ALL the pussy.... it's simply a matter of time.....

IFRvideo
01-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Are you a man or woman? Just wondering the ref. point.

In matters of the heterosexual male below-the-waist body, they do seem to control much, but that isn't the whole world is it? How much control of the above-the-waist male body is controlled is up to the male.

It is pretty simple.

LittleC
01-23-2006, 03:54 PM
hmmm I blow money whenever I want and also his money hehehehe

Carrie
01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Um ... women control exactly what you let them control

Deny a women dick a few times and see who's on top
That just sets up a situation where the woman is happy and satisfied, her vibrator is getting a nice workout, and your balls are turning blue.
Eventually, you'll give in. *grin*

Vick
01-24-2006, 02:28 AM
That just sets up a situation where the woman is happy and satisfied, her vibrator is getting a nice workout, and your balls are turning blue.

Women can have their vibrators all they want

They do nothing for they space between their ears or that succulent flesh where the neck meets the jawline or the ........... well you get the picture

Sabby
01-24-2006, 02:50 AM
I would solely give up every ounce of control to any man who could make my life pretty and let me live in a bubble of happiness and naive bliss forever...

But... I would probably starve to death first LOL.

Sabby:flash:

Sabby
01-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Women can have their vibrators all they want

They do nothing for they space between their ears or that succulent flesh where the neck meets the jawline or the ........... well you get the picture

Mmmmm... yeah that HOT Vick... whats your CC limit???

Winetalk.com
01-24-2006, 04:05 AM
women control spending decisions in 80% of US households. they spent trillions last year (almost 4 i believe). they directly control 1/2 of the nations wealth in the USA and it is estimated they will control over 60% in 5 years. their influence on the economy and household spending in the US cannot be overstated. its not an accident that our magazine targets women. :)

I think I am ready for a female President....but I have to ask my wife first.

Sabby
01-24-2006, 09:41 AM

Vibrators can not take you shopping or pay for dinner or move heavy furniture or take out the garbage!!

Vick
01-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Mmmmm... yeah that HOT Vick... whats your CC limit???

Sabby I already know I can't afford you ;-)

One of the keys for men is knowing what you can do and can't and what you can afford and can't

For me looking at you Sabby is window shopping
But I didn't pretty damn well for myself already so everything is good

Sabby
01-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Sabby I already know I can't afford you ;-)

One of the keys for men is knowing what you can do and can't and what you can afford and can't

For me looking at you Sabby is window shopping
But I didn't pretty damn well for myself already so everything is good

LOL. Oh, I was just teasing you Vick.

And your girlfriend is super hot and very lucky to have you.

Vick
01-27-2006, 06:14 AM
he he he thanks Sabby

I know how lucky I am, not only is she hot, she's intelligent, great with my son and is outstanding taking came of our home and myself

Going to have to get a tongue in cheek smiley so when I'm spouting off everyone realizes I'm being a cynical old bastard for fun