PDA

View Full Version : New Owners...old owners...anyone??

iamkathi
01-16-2006, 09:32 PM
I admit I lurk mostly, so I don't understand.

Can anyone explain these Oprano points to me? Is it a good thing? What are they worth?

I promise I am not trying to start drama...but I just don't understand the point system.

JoesHO
01-16-2006, 09:33 PM
good question, I wish I knew, I think they need to be removed ...

From what I understand it was something from the prior ownership regime .

sarettah
01-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Cameltoe shot - 1 point
titty shot - 10 points
pussy shot - 15 points
Full body shot - 20 points

Rules state that you must be the actual person in the pic.

You get 100 points and the FFN sends you a dozen Crispy Cremes and a very valuble handwash only mug :okthumb:

iamkathi
01-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Cameltoe shot - 1 point
titty shot - 10 points
pussy shot - 15 points
Full body shot - 20 points

Rules state that you must be the actual person in the pic.

You get 100 points and the FFN sends you a dozen Crispy Cremes and a very valuble handwash only mug :okthumb:

Well thank you for clearing that up!

sarettah
01-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Well thank you for clearing that up!

You are quite welcome, I'm sure :yowsa:

Peaches
01-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Removed points for not knowing what they are ;)

iamkathi
01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
well alrighty then...see if I stop lurking in the future.

NickPapageorgio
01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Pics of you making out with any type of wooly white dog is an automatic 100 points though. I think Sar left that out. Just want to be thorough. :whistling

iamkathi
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I could be wrong...but I think that is against the law in Georgia.

The picture part...

sarettah
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM

Joe called it right for you. They were a promotional thing from the past owners. People could give you points or take away points depending on if they liked your post or not. Garnered enough points and you could get a mug or a cap.

That was what they were.

Now they are just something to confuse people with :)

iamkathi
01-16-2006, 10:04 PM
it worked!

JoesHO
01-16-2006, 10:26 PM
it worked!

I can still send you a coffeee mug if you would like one .

( no points necassary)

They are cluttering my Garage as we speak.

sarettah
01-16-2006, 10:30 PM
it worked!

Dammit, I hate when they do that and this time I fell for it :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

neveragainneveragainneveragainneveragain

Peaches
01-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Joe called it right for you. They were a promotional thing from the past owners. People could give you points or take away points depending on if they liked your post or not. Garnered enough points and you could get a mug or a cap.

That was what they were.

Now they are just something to confuse people with :)
Removed a point for telling her. :o

sarettah
01-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Removed a point for telling her. :o

took away 2 to get ahead.... :yowsa:

Jace
01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
here ya go

User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

User reputation can be a derisive element of your forum so great care should be taken before a decision is made to enable it.

All of the factors that affect a user's reputation score are found in the User Reputation section of the vBulletin Options. Please view that section of the manual for more information on controlling how users are able to affect another user's reputation.

spazlabz
01-17-2006, 09:33 AM
I can still send you a coffeee mug if you would like one .

( no points necassary)

They are cluttering my Garage as we speak.
yeah but they arent dishwasher safe! Peaches was pissed! LOL

spaz

spazlabz
01-17-2006, 09:34 AM
I hope your kidding! :D welcome to the sunshine lurker... now that your exsposed I hope you keep posting

spaz

Jace
01-17-2006, 09:53 AM
and oh yeah, if you go to your control panel, you can see what people said to you when adding points

justb
01-17-2006, 11:36 AM
I think they're kind of fun

Jace
01-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I think they're kind of fun

yeah, i kind of like them too

iamkathi
01-17-2006, 06:12 PM
here ya go

Quote:
User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

User reputation can be a derisive element of your forum so great care should be taken before a decision is made to enable it.

All of the factors that affect a user's reputation score are found in the User Reputation section of the vBulletin Options. Please view that section of the manual for more information on controlling how users are able to affect another user's reputation.

I read this... ok, a couple of times. It reminds me of those math problems from high school. You know the ones where the train is traveling at x miles an hour.. If the train stops in Detroit how many oranges will it take to feed breakfast to the Boy Scouts in New York?

Jace
01-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Quote:

I read this... ok, a couple of times. It reminds me of those math problems from high school. You know the ones where the train is traveling at x miles an hour.. If the train stops in Detroit how many oranges will it take to feed breakfast to the Boy Scouts in New York?

hahaha, yeah, i remember those

think of it like this, if we were in high school again, Oprano Points are "cool points" and you take away or add to someones coolness by adding or taking away cool points

JoesHO
01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Points suck!

gonzo
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Points suck!

Ive given you points to corrupt you.

Hell Puppy
01-17-2006, 11:26 PM
yeah but they arent dishwasher safe! Peaches was pissed! LOL

spaz

Let's keep in mind the source....Peaches puts Henkels in the dishwasher.

Jace
01-18-2006, 12:28 AM

if peaches ever came to my house and put a henkel or wusthof in the dishwasher, I would have to use them on her ;)

Peaches
01-18-2006, 10:57 AM
No, I am not allowed to have Henkels. I am not allowed to have anything dangerous at my house - that includes sharp knives, chainsaws, small cars or stairs with ice. Or apparently a drill with a cement drillbit :(

JoesHO
01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
what is a henekle?

Peaches
01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Mr. and Mr. Smartypants fancy knife owners apparentlyh don't even know how to spell it ;)

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/henckels.htm?src=Google&cam=Henckels&sub=Henckels+Main&kw=henckels

Jace
01-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Mr. and Mr. Smartypants fancy knife owners apparentlyh don't even know how to spell it ;)

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/henckels.htm?src=Google&cam=Henckels&sub=Henckels+Main&kw=henckels

hahhaa, shut up, i own them, I don't need to know how to spell it

besides, I am a wusthof man my self

Dravyk
01-18-2006, 02:09 PM
$80 a freaking knife?!?! :blink:

Those things better debone a chicken and cut-up a cow by themselves for that price. :hmm:

gonzo
01-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Those things better debone a chicken and cut-up a cow by themselves for that price. :hmm:

Loss of points for doubting the power of fine cutlery.

Jace
01-18-2006, 02:45 PM

that is the low end ones too, I have my 12" wusthof chef's blade that was $215

I love that knife, my favorite one I have ever owned

Peaches
01-18-2006, 03:03 PM

Exactly - my Ginsu knives cut everything I need them to cut just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Jace
01-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Exactly - my Ginsu knives cut everything I need them to cut just fine, thankyouverymuch.

you can knuckle slice with ANY speed with a ginsu though....i can slice up a tomato in like 3 seconds with my shit ;)

peahces, check your email

JoesHO
01-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Costco, $14.95 a set and I have yet to not be able to cut something I wanted to.

Jace
01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Costco, $14.95 a set and I have yet to not be able to cut something I wanted to.

see, the thing is though, once you get trained in the art of knives and slicing, you never go back to cheap shit, you just can't

Peaches
01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
you can knuckle slice with ANY speed with a ginsu though....i can slice up a tomato in like 3 seconds with my shit ;)

peahces, check your email
I have never once had the need or desire to slice a tomato in 3 seconds ;)

I read it - way too vague, IMO. Reminds me of The Amazing Randi thing:

Randi performs this demonstration in, say, a classroom of college students. He announces that a horoscopist has done readings on each student. He calls their names and hands each one his or her particular horoscope. Each student is asked to read his own and is then asked to rate its accuracy on a scale of one to five, five being the best.

Almost all the scores are fives and the rest are fours. Then Randi asks the students to pass their horoscopes to the student behind them.

After a few seconds the students realize that every horoscope was worded exactly the same.

Then again, I'm a skeptic and 90% of the surfers out there would probably eat that stuff up :)

Jace
01-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I have never once had the need or desire to slice a tomato in 3 seconds ;)

I read it - way too vague, IMO. Reminds me of The Amazing Randi thing:

Randi performs this demonstration in, say, a classroom of college students. He announces that a horoscopist has done readings on each student. He calls their names and hands each one his or her particular horoscope. Each student is asked to read his own and is then asked to rate its accuracy on a scale of one to five, five being the best.

Almost all the scores are fives and the rest are fours. Then Randi asks the students to pass their horoscopes to the student behind them.

After a few seconds the students realize that every horoscope was worded exactly the same.

Then again, I'm a skeptic and 90% of the surfers out there would probably eat that stuff up :)

wow, i guess you would have to see some others to realize usually they aren't vague at all...my wifes and mine is amazingly accurate

Peaches
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
wow, i guess you would have to see some others to realize usually they aren't vague at all...my wifes and mine is amazingly accurate
This one wasn't accurate at all. Sure, I could pull out a few of the aspects of it and say it applied at some point and time, but I could do the same with that page and almost everyone I know :)

Jace
01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
This one wasn't accurate at all. Sure, I could pull out a few of the aspects of it and say it applied at some point and time, but I could do the same with that page and almost everyone I know :)

well, here is the one for me and gonzo...i think it is pretty damn accurate and not very general at all

http://www.seriom.com/tmp/gonzojace.jpg

gonzo
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Fat Red X!

Hell Puppy
01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Added points to Jace for being a high maintenance bitch where cutlery is concerned.

Peaches
01-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Subtracted points from Jace, Gonzo and Hellpuppy for being Gay Knife Dudes. :mad:

gonzo
10-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Im giving away all the surplus points Sat night at late night dinner.

Hell Puppy
10-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Im giving away all the surplus points Sat night at late night dinner.

I'll donate mine too.