PDA

View Full Version : One of the smartest things I have seen on a webcam site...

sarettah
01-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I have been trolling around a lot of webcam sites as I work on my project, picking up new sponsors and such. Because of this, I of course, investigated ifriends (clickcash) a bit because that was the first site I ever had a membership in (back in 98 or 99 I think)

While looking through their 2257 stuff and policies and such, I came across this:

The "Looks Too Young" Standard
To ensure we err on the side of caution, iFriends' compliance personnel routinely invoke the company's unusual "Looks too Young" standard. Under this standard, even if a model produces all necessary documentation and proves to iFriends' satisfaction that he or she is well over the age of 18, if any member of iFriends' compliance or legal staff holds the opinion that the model nevertheless has an extremely youthful appearance (for example, a mature 20-year-old woman with an underdeveloped body), iFriends will not permit the model to appear on iFriends until such time as her physical appearance matures to the point that she appears to the casual observer to be clearly beyond 18 years of age. The above model is 20 years of age. Her application for an iFriends 18+ ID Card was rejected under the "Looks Too Young" standard.

This is smart imho. Now, whether they actually enforce it or not, I have no clue, but it is a smart thing to do in this day and attitude.

Elli
01-11-2006, 03:53 PM
That is quite interesting. I wasn't aware anyone was doing that.

TheEnforcer
01-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Interesting, and I can certainly see why they do it. That said, I wonder what the legal ramifications are of denying a person a job based solely on their looks when they meet the other requirements?

TheEnforcer
01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi Elli, nice to see you over here dear! :waving:

Come around more often as we love to have ya here. :)

sarettah
01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Interesting, and I can certainly see why they do it. That said, I wonder what the legal ramifications are of denying a person a job based solely on their looks when they meet the other requirements?

Well, since they are not actually an employer per se, I imagine they can dny anyone access to their service for just about any reason they want.

I think there would be definite legal issues if it was an employer denyine someone a job.

TheEnforcer
01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Ahh.. yes.. they are an independant contractor and that does make a difference.