PDA

View Full Version : Deep Hunger

Dianna Vesta
01-06-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm straving.. I know you don't give a fuck but the one thing we all agree on is good damn food.

Right now, as you read this, what would you like to eat? No WHO but we're talking FOOD.. are you hungry? Lets eat, what will we have?

DV

Dianna Vesta
01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Ok I'm hungry

I want meat loaf, mash-damn-potatos and some collard greens.

sharky
01-06-2006, 09:36 PM
plain grilled chicken and broccoli is about all I eat now days!

I would LOVE to eat homemade spaghetti and meatballs with fresh garlic bread. But we will save that until I am down another 50lbs!

Dianna Vesta
01-06-2006, 09:51 PM
plain grilled chicken and broccoli is about all I eat now days!

I would LOVE to eat homemade spaghetti and meatballs with fresh garlic bread. But we will save that until I am down another 50lbs!

damn man. that really sucks, especially for you. I know how hard that must be especially for us gourmets.

Good going and good luck. I know you can do it!

softball
01-06-2006, 09:55 PM
I just sliced some Kobe beef and will be cooking it on a grill at the table.
edit: for those who seem to have an interest....with a Canadian Cabernet....

Dianna Vesta
01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
I just sliced some Kobe beef and will be cooking it on a grill at the table.
edit: for those who seem to have an interest....with a Canadian Cabernet....
Oh hurt me. Ok. Now I'm cumming. How about some grilled mushrooms, zuchini and eggplant?

Hit me.

softball
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Oh hurt me. Ok. Now I'm cumming. How about some grilled mushrooms, zuchini and eggplant?

Hit me.

Actually we are being boorish. We are having a green thai curry as the main course with chutneys. And a local delicacy called Nanaimo bars for desert.

Toby
01-07-2006, 12:44 AM
I've had a craving for a couple of weeks for some good mexican food. Finally got the chance to take care of that craving this evening, fajitas poblanas and a large margarita. Life is good :D

Sin
01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Actually we are being boorish. We are having a green thai curry as the main course with chutneys. And a local delicacy called Nanaimo bars for desert.

Mmm.... Thai curry & nanaimo bars...

helix
01-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Over the holidays I had a nice plate of roast pork, ham, yams, mashed potatoes w/gravy, sausages, corn, and spinach pie. All homemade by a sweet old Greek lady. It was incredible.
edit
Almost forgot the stuffed grape leaves!

softball
01-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Over the holidays I had a nice plate of roast pork, ham, yams, mashed potatoes w/gravy, sausages, corn, and spinach pie. All homemade by a sweet old Greek lady. It was incredible.
edit
Almost forgot the stuffed grape leaves!

I love dolmades...

Hell Puppy
01-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Not hungry, just got back from the Earl Miller Cash dinner. Thanks guys!

Dianna Vesta
01-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Damn that made me hungry. I'm going to make some Chicken Masala today. I love that hot mango stuff too.

Lisa
01-07-2006, 08:05 AM
What exactly are collard greens anyway?

Dianna Vesta
01-07-2006, 08:51 AM
What exactly are collard greens anyway?

It's a leafy green veggie. Like Kale but taste different. Has a slight bitter taste. They are very popular in the south, where they are grown everywhere.

Most southerners cook them with salt pork or fat back but I have a recipe everyone should try.

Fresh Collard Greens- big ass bunch

in a big pot brown onions, portabello mushrooms chopped big and chunky and garlic in olive oil. Add all these according to your own taste. I like more shrooms then oinions.

Add collars and chicken broth- one large carton

Keep it on high to boil and give the collards a chance to boil down.

Add two cans or cartons of chopped tomatos juice and all. I like Pomi in the carton.

Add Italian seasoning: oregano, rosemary, basil any mix. Use it heavy. Add salt and ground pepper.

Now turn down to simmer and simmer 2 hours.

I promise you'll be cooking these all the time. I make greens of some kind at least twice a week and a big batch so I can heat 'em and eat 'em.

Works for Mustard and Turnip greens too.

sharky
01-08-2006, 09:40 AM
damn man. that really sucks, especially for you. I know how hard that must be especially for us gourmets.

Good going and good luck. I know you can do it!

I've dropped over 80lbs already so the way I see it I am 60% there already!

:-) I haven't cooked as much over the last 5 months, but when I do I do it up good!

Dianna Vesta
01-08-2006, 11:26 AM
I've dropped over 80lbs already so the way I see it I am 60% there already!

:-) I haven't cooked as much over the last 5 months, but when I do I do it up good!

Hey Mike

So tell me what diet you're on and give me some details. I've had such a hard time losing weight. I try diets and they all fail. I love good food and wine. That's what makes it so damn hard.

How long did it take to lose that much?

DV

Dianna Vesta
01-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey remember a while back that fast food diet Colin was on?

Has he been around?