PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with cirque du soleil?

Biggy
01-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I have tickets for Thursday - "O" - at the Bellagio. 5 rows from stage.

I hear nothing but great things and I promised myself last year that I would make it a point to see it this year. What am I in store for?

Hell Puppy
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM

I hear nothing but great things and I promised myself last year that I would make it a point to see it this year. What am I in store for?

Imagine a circus designed by a bunch of gay guys...

Heh...it's impossible to describe well if you've never seen one of their shows. "O" is still one of the best shows on the strip though and the stage itself is amazing.

Peaches
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM

You will LOVE it! Tonda, Kathi and I went last May compliments of Sweet T and were just wowed. We were about 4 or 5 rows back too. Watch them very carefully and you can see/hear them giving each other cues. It's the 3rd Cirque show I've seen live and my favorite so far.

Vick
01-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Take lions, tigers and bears out of a regular circus and replace them with wonder, amazement and awe

and that really doesn't even begin to describe seeing Cirque. Words can't do it justice

I've traveled from Vegas to Orlando to New York and Philly and D.C. to see different Cirque shows (I'll be back in N.Y and Philly again this year to see 2 different Cirque shows)

But you have to be careful, Cirque du Soleil is not so slowly taking over the world

Sin
01-04-2006, 03:22 AM
I remember watching a video of a Cirque du Soleil show in French class back in high school...

...I remember being amazed at what they could do with their bodies. A little weirded out as well, but definitely amazed. Its a very interesting form of artistry, not quite a circus, not quite a play, a bit of all of the above & more... as I recall it told a series of stories without words... kind of like a silent theatre.

JoesHO
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey Vick how is the performing going for you? last I heard you wetre doing some shows last year anything instore for 2006? I would love to catch one of your shows.

*KK*
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Cirque rocks. It's not a circus in the traditional sense of the word... more of a theatrical expression involving complex and dynamic action. If you think of it along the lines of a ballet or live theatre, you should be more prepared for it.

DrGuile
01-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I saw Le Cirque before any of you ;)

Vick
01-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey Joe,
Thanks for asking
I've slacked off performing for the past few months, thinking about working more. I've got standing engagements whenever I feel like going back, very fortunate that way

Funny thing was what I really wanted to do was perform as a street performer in New Orleans,
Seen ok performers who were making about $75 to $200 for a 20 minute in the round street show

Had it figured I could make $300-$500 tax free a day (for a few hours a day doing something I enjoy it's ok) and live in my favorite city in the world
My son kept me here and lucky I missed Katerina

according to legend Cirque du Soleil started as street performers ........

.... who now gross over 300 million a year on the 4 resident Vegas shows

(add in 6 touring shows and a resident show at Disney)

Vick
01-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Cirque rocks. It's not a circus in the traditional sense of the word... more of a theatrical expression involving complex and dynamic action. If you think of it along the lines of a ballet or live theatre, you should be more prepared for it.

Pretty good description

hershie
01-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I've been to 5 different Cirque productions, and all were great but O was easily the best.

I even got pulled on stage once (Saltimbanco show in Seattle) which was an out-of-body experience.

sarettah
01-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Imagine a circus designed by a bunch of gay guys...

That was what I was gonna say too :yowsa:

Hell Puppy
01-05-2006, 01:23 AM
I've never done the tent travelling show.

And I've alwas somehow missed Mystere in Vegas, but I have seen:

O
Allegria (when it was housed at the Beau for a year)
Ka
Zumanity