PDA

View Full Version : 2checkout...i know a lot of people have had bad experiences...

Jace
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
so, I got this 2checkout account because it worked seamlessly with my new software for a mainstream venture I have going

I have a few clients, but they are well paying clients....My first invoice day comes up (Dec 1st) and my client pays the $1827.56 by the due date (he pays on dec 13th) through the American Express option in my 2checkout checkout page

payday comes and the payment remains pending, so I email them to ask why, and they claim that any charge over $300 as the first charge on an account has to be verified by phone with the customer to make sure there isn't fraud. I can understand that, completely.

So, here I sit on Jan 3rd, and after 23 emails back and forth with 2checkout.com I still don't have any money, and it is time for my next invoice to my client....this one for a larger amount. In the meantime I have been the dumbass and put most of my eggs in this basket so charges have been coming through the site all this time and I am doing pretty well, but still no payment for ANYTHING

NOW 2checkout is telling me that I have multiple charges that need to be verified, but the fact of the matter is only one of those charges is tehnically from that first payment that was due to me, but as each charge comes in they tack it onto my "official" first payment (that I have not recieved) and claim they need to verify those people too

I am at a loss for words....if I leave 2checkout up there as my processor will they just keep claiming they need to verify my charges and never pay me (because charges keep coming in)?

I need some advice here, is this normal? I want my fucking money and they don't seem like they are working very hard to give it to me. haha, and even at one time I emailed them on a thursday and asked what was going on, they said "we have not been able to contact your client and we will try back on Tuesday"...WTF? this was not even part of the holiday!

i am at a loss, I am thinking I will shop around to another processor today that my cart can handle as easily as 2checkout

Jace
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
wow guys, i know it is a long read, but it is a business thread after all...LOL...

gonzo
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Most folks over here would only consider using CCBill or Paycom.

I think a lot of em have been fucked by Ibill for some long term rebills and big cash.

Jace
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Most folks over here would only consider using CCBill or Paycom.

I think a lot of em have been fucked by Ibill for some long term rebills and big cash.

this ain't got nuthin to do with ibill, and you know I have been around long enough to know basics like ccbill or paycom for adult stuff

my thread is really asking for advice and if people have had mainstream experiences with 2checkout and their holding of money for verification

these are the processors that are supported directly through the software without anything needed to change

Authorizenet
PSIGate
InfoDial
WorldPay
Echo
2Checkout
Firepay
CDGCommerce
Linkpoint
EWay
BluePay
Protx

anyone familiar enough with any of those to recommend one of them as a solid hard working company?

sarettah
01-03-2006, 06:06 PM
this ain't got nuthin to do with ibill, and you know I have been around long enough to know basics like ccbill or paycom for adult stuff

my thread is really asking for advice and if people have had mainstream experiences with 2checkout and their holding of money for verification

these are the processors that are supported directly through the software without anything needed to change

Authorizenet
PSIGate
InfoDial
WorldPay
Echo
2Checkout
Firepay
CDGCommerce
Linkpoint
EWay
BluePay
Protx

anyone familiar enough with any of those to recommend one of them as a solid hard working company?

Can't comment on any of them except 2checkout.

We used them for the first 2 years on paperjewels without any real issues. We just did not like the attitude of the support folks and the guilty till proven innocent feeling we got from them. So, we switched to paypal only on paperjewels and started up weekend jewelry as paypal only.

Jace
01-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Can't comment on any of them except 2checkout.

We used them for the first 2 years on paperjewels without any real issues. We just did not like the attitude of the support folks and the guilty till proven innocent feeling we got from them. So, we switched to paypal only on paperjewels and started up weekend jewelry as paypal only.
yeah, that is the way I feel with them too so far. I am damn honest guy and I will go out of my way to help them, but they don't want my help, they want to do it all on their extremely slow schedule....and they keep pasting form responses to me, and when I call them on it, they wait like 2 days before replying back

I did figure out a way to get them to respond faster though, when I need a reponse I keep bumping the support ticket with a "hello?" about every 30 minutes...LOL

I just want my god damned money...LOL...i am an honest business man...and even if they needed to verify that my client processed, wouldn't it have been caught by american express by now if it was fraud? regardless 3+ weeks is FAR too long for a verification process

sarettah
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
btw...Paypal only has been working great so far (knock on wood) we move the money out as soon as it hits (keep a little in there for working money) but then our orders do not usually go much over $100 at a shot.

We do some by phone too, they call us with their cc and we run it through propay. Also some checks through the mail.

Hell Puppy
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Dont know first hand about 2checkout. Large transactions like that likely set off every fraud detection system they have, so they're being paranoid about paying you and then it getting charged back or whatever.

People rape these systems blind, so they pretty much assume anything remotely out of the ordinary is fraudulent.

For mainstream, Paypal would work. Not sure if the software you're doing supports it directly, but they've got reasonable tools for implementing it with just about anything.

Or the more obvious solution, grab your own merchant account and then you can use any of those other gateways. It's not too painful as long as the bank doesn't smell any pussy on your transactions.

Jace
01-04-2006, 02:57 AM
btw...Paypal only has been working great so far (knock on wood) we move the money out as soon as it hits (keep a little in there for working money) but then our orders do not usually go much over $100 at a shot.

We do some by phone too, they call us with their cc and we run it through propay. Also some checks through the mail.

yah, we have paypal on the site, but in all honesty, no one wants to charge $1800 charges through paypal....and two of my clients are in the UK and don't use paypal....so I needed a true credit card processing solution

i need to just bite the bullet and grab an authorize.net merchant account

Jace
01-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Dont know first hand about 2checkout. Large transactions like that likely set off every fraud detection system they have, so they're being paranoid about paying you and then it getting charged back or whatever.

People rape these systems blind, so they pretty much assume anything remotely out of the ordinary is fraudulent.

For mainstream, Paypal would work. Not sure if the software you're doing supports it directly, but they've got reasonable tools for implementing it with just about anything.

Or the more obvious solution, grab your own merchant account and then you can use any of those other gateways. It's not too painful as long as the bank doesn't smell any pussy on your transactions.

Yeah, i am going to have to do that in my wife's name though, my credit isn't up to par quite yet, getting there though

as for the fraud thing, yeah I expect that, but come on, 4 days to answer support tickets and going on almost 4 weeks to verifiy that the charge was real? a bit excessive don't cha think?

www.awbs.com is the software I am using

Dravyk
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM

Authorizenet
PSIGate
InfoDial
WorldPay
Echo
2Checkout
Firepay
CDGCommerce
Linkpoint
EWay
BluePay
Protx

anyone familiar enough with any of those to recommend one of them as a solid hard working company? Of those listed, I've heard good things about WorldPay, but not first hand, in fact, more like second-hand.

If you need a processing gateway for a merchant account, hit me up, and I'll give you the person who runs it. That way you can always get in touch with them and you'll have much fewer problems. (You would probably need a slight mod for your cart though.)

pam
01-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I know of an online solution for processing (with cart) with no issues, that pays on time, etc. PM me for the info.

As far as 2checkout, I have an account that I rarely use, but had to go through hoops with risk management when I set up the account. First they insisted I had naked people on my non-adult website and nothing I said would deter them, until finally someone told me what page it was - a 404 page that was in an old .htaccess I was using to set up the site. Once I removed that, I was good to go.

On another account with them, I don't remember the details but I know I went back and forth with risk management for months until things were straightened out.

While I understand their point of view, they need full time staff who do nothing but verify larger orders. I go through this with my merchant account if I process an online order over $5k .... have to fax over proof of this and that, even though it's the same credit card every time with the same customer.

Jace
01-04-2006, 04:45 PM
thanks for all the support guys and gals, but the fact is,if it isn't in the list provided above, I can't use it

I am using this www.awbs.com, it is a automated hosting script, so unless your carts can provide me with something similar, i can't use it. ;)

Jace
01-13-2006, 05:35 AM
haha, hot damn

finally got my first payment wired today....Dec 13th was the first transaction, and now here it is Jan 13th